Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,098
» Latest member: eriesshirt
» Forum threads: 15,676
» Forum posts: 114,528

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Can Pinecil Read USB-C Ca...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Garywoo
10 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
[Star64] Help needed in u...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
» Views: 25
Need help in understandin...
Forum: General
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
Yesterday, 10:37 AM
» Views: 24
Slarm64 on PinePhone [Uno...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: donchurch
Yesterday, 10:29 AM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 24,797
New Hardware
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: dachalife
Yesterday, 08:41 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 83
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
Yesterday, 07:34 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1,739
PinePhone app development
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: Jonnyc
Yesterday, 05:19 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 3,868
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: tapirsurfeit
Yesterday, 03:15 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 269
Pinephone Pro + Keyboard ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: AegisWages
04-22-2024, 08:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 692
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
04-22-2024, 06:03 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 2,078

Plasma Mobile airplane / aeroplane mode / mobile off
Posted by: dcinoz - 02-22-2021, 05:54 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (4)

Hi,

Evening here and I normally put my phone in airplane / aeroplane mode i.e. would look for a toggle to disable modem / mobile data / wifi / BT if any are on.

I could find no such thing on Manjaro Plasma Mobile 20210221.
I panicked when I went to settings and saw internet had a tick - even though the Mobile Data icon in the top bar settings is not on....does that toggle not work?

So surprise, no mobile modem off either. Or could the Mobile Data icon actually toggle mobile / mobile data on / off?

I have my mobile modem on with data off due to cost.

I did not find a quick way to turn data on / off via ofono command.
Neither a way to turn mobile modem on / off via ofono.

I did a brutal

Code:
sudo pkill ofonod
and that worked - no more mobile icon in the top bar.

I lodged a bug report at https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/i.../issues/69

I appreciate any comments from anyone with more Plasma Mobile experience. Mobian has quirks including with their Airplane toggle (still not fixed....) but you can turn mobile on / off, data on / off.

I assume this bug report covers the mobile data icon toggle:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/i...-/issues/9

Mobian Firewall from iptables to nftables
Posted by: MicSpabo - 02-22-2021, 05:48 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

Hi,

my pinephone mobian CE is installed on emmc with FDE. The Mobian Doku tells me in the chapter "Firewall", that the current technology would be nftables.

I installed all available updates, but when I check the installed packages, my Mobian is still based on iptables.

# apt policy nftables
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 0.9.8-3

# apt policy iptables
    Installed: 1.8.7-1

I received my pinephone two weeks ago and used the installer as it came with.
Do I have to flash a newer Image to start with nftables instead of iptables?

As iptables is not configured jet.
# echo -e "\nIPv4:" && iptables -nvL && echo -e "\nIPv6:" && ip6tables -nvL && echo " "
  IPv4:
    Chain INPUT  (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
    Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
    Chain OUTPUT  (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
  IPv6:
    Chain INPUT  (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
    Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
    Chain OUTPUT  (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)

I tried to replace it, but it seems to be impossible,-
# apt -s remove --purge  iptables
  The following packages will be REMOVED:
    iptables* mobian-base* mobian-phone-base* mobian-phosh-base* mobian-phosh-extras* mobian-phosh-phone*
  0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 6 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
as that whould remove the phones GUI as well.

In the moment it looks to me that I could just disable and mask iptables and install and enable nftables.

Did I miss some documentation? Any ideas are appreciated.

Keep well and fit,
MicSpabo

Plasma Mobile phone rings first ring from suspend!
Posted by: dcinoz - 02-22-2021, 03:43 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - No Replies

Coming from Mobian, I installed Manjaro Plasma Mobile 20210221 yesterday.

Amazingly, it seems the modem manages to wake up the phone from suspend when an incoming call comes in at the first ring.
From a VOIP SIP account, the phone lit up before I heard the first ring on the calling phone, then the incoming call accept / reject appeared on the locked screen. That is amazing!

Mobian rings after 11 seconds from the same line (screen lights up / sometimes blinking blue led then 11 s later it rings / shows call screen).

Tested by using

Code:
systemctl suspend
and checked the phone was in suspend as SSH was no longer possible.

I was curious as to whether having the phone on charge might delay / prevent the suspend, it doesn't.

Mobian has been missing incoming text messages, also, I wonder how good Plasma Mobile is. I don't get too many sent to me, so let me know your experience.

Hopefully all distros will benefit from this huge improvement.

Note that initially I had several calls that just lit up the screen, without showing the accept / reject option. Restarting the phone seems to have solved that. I've had the phone on mobile (no date) all day and when I've done my test calls it has (magically) woken the phone up and starting ringing immediately! Happy days.

FYI IMS is disabled on the modem side as my MVNO does not have access to VoLTE yet. Shouldn't make a difference, one would hope.

Anyway, thought I'd share the excellent news. If all incoming text messages trigger a notification, too, that would be a miracle Big Grin .

I haven't actually checked the calls actually work, I hope so.

Question eink display, digitizer?
Posted by: ashleymills - 02-22-2021, 01:25 AM - Forum: News - Replies (7)

Regarding the rumblings about the 10" eink display, is the proposal currently to have a touch digitizer too?

I've got a boox note 3 and the great thing about it is that it runs a full android distribution. It feels strange using a computer with normal responsiveness but with an eink display., but it works.

So I suppose that's what made me wonder whether the plan is to have a digitizer for the display available? So that people could make their own "enhanced" ebook readers?

What do people think?

Ashley

CON15 part number and mate
Posted by: hazelnusse - 02-21-2021, 11:36 PM - Forum: RockPro64 Hardware and Accessories - Replies (3)

I'm looking to use CON15 to power the board instead of the 5.5x2.1 barrel jack. Does anybody know the part number that is on the board and what the correct mating part number is? The schematic has this labelled as "XH_2.5mm"  -- I think they are 2.54mm/0.1" but would like to know the exact part so I can purchase the right mate.

Is there a BOM I missed somewhere on the Wiki?

Question SoC behind the LCD?
Posted by: KC9UDX - 02-21-2021, 08:37 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (17)

Since the PBP top and bottom are already so thin, I wonder if it would be possible for future Pinebooks to be designed with the main board in the top half in stead of the bottom.  I don't know if anyone else has ever done this (except tablets with attached keyboards).  It would make cooling far better.

PBP and Thermals
Posted by: Braillynn - 02-21-2021, 06:38 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (1)

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums, first post, so if this question has been asked before, I do apologize. Anyways, I've got a few questions regarding the Pinebook Pro and its heat output. Can you upgrade the thermal pad with either paste or a better thermal pad for better heat dissipation? Can you just apply a small heatsink directly to the SoC? When it comes to the NVME add on, can you have a heat sink on the M.2 NVME drive and have it fit?

Thank you for your responses,

Braillynn

Mobian App Menu File Location?
Posted by: reGisterGan578 - 02-21-2021, 12:22 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (2)

Hi, I would like to add my own apps (not from the package manager) to the app menu, but I don't know where it would be. Any help is thanked.

[SOLD] Pinebook Pro for sale - ISO keyboard - UK only
Posted by: c6Q$! - 02-21-2021, 09:19 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

ITEM IS NOW SOLD.

I'm selling my Pinebook Pro. Great machine, and with only light use since I received it in 2019. It's one of the first batch which came with the 128Mb eMMC. It's currently running a fresh install of Debian (MrFixit build) and ready for a new owner.

The good
Excellent cosmetic condition.
Keyboard does show usual wear but works fine.

The bad
The rear left rubber foot is loose - a known problem caused by the adhesive becoming warm near the power supply input. It's currently held on with double-sided tape, but this is fragile and annoying. I'm not game to glue it with anything more permanent and will leave this choice for the new owner.

A few extras
Nice padded slip case.
Pine64 nvme adapter - I bought it as an option but never installed it.
Pine64 UK power adapter - I asked nicely and Pine64 sent me one!

Shipping within the UK only. Sorry EU/US/AUS friends.

Price £100 including shipping. Paypal or UK bank transfer.

I'll update this post if/when it sells.

Thanks!

Latest dev build of plasma manjaro not booting
Posted by: paju1986 - 02-21-2021, 09:06 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (10)

Im unable to boot the lastest dev builds with plama mobile Manjaro, the phone stays with the screen off and nothing happends