Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums



(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 21,581
» Latest member: bug1
» Forum threads: 10,654
» Forum posts: 86,031

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Unable to get PinePhone M...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: tllim
28 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 95
Working modem?
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Barugon
37 minutes ago
» Replies: 25
» Views: 1,272
LCD Display for PinceCube
Forum: PineCube Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: tllim
42 minutes ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 572
What Now for Google Users...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: z4v4l
47 minutes ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 114
Force HTTPS on forum
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
1 hour ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 83
Anyone know of a good fir...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pbpanon
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 28
PinePhone Mobian CE shipp...
Forum: News
Last Post: themontyhouse
1 hour ago
» Replies: 46
» Views: 6,410
SD card read/write troubl...
Forum: Pinebook Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: jezek
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Where is the IEMI number ...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: xalius
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 73
Play along - create a Pin...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: dgdimick
2 hours ago
» Replies: 208
» Views: 64,366

 
  SD card read/write troubles
Posted by: jezek - 2 hours ago - Forum: Pinebook Hardware and Accessories - No Replies

Hello. Some time ago I bought 2 pinebooks.

Pinebook #1 was sometimes used, different distros were tried and regularly updated. Now Manjaro Arm Sway Profile occupies his EMMC drive.

Pinebook #2 was (with few exceptions) shelved. If used, then only for browsing and not updated. His EMMC drive has still the original stock KDE neon image.

I decided to update pinebook #2 to Manjaro OS. On pinebook #1 I prepared SD card with my current favorite pinebook distro and tested ii right there on #1 if it is working. Yes, #1 booted from SD. Then I inserted the SD card to #2. It couldn't boot. Black screen. So I tried different distros, even the original one. No boot. I've also tried to flash the SD card on #2 with no effect, still no boot. Then I tried to mount the SD card, to see if files are alright and found out, that the card couldn't be mounted (card is recognized, partitions are visible in file manager, but can't be mounted cause of unrecognized file system).I even can't fomat the SD card on #2 with gparted (write error).

My experiment showed me, that if I write an image on #1 (using dd), then the SD card can be booted & read on #1, but not on #2. If I do the same procedure on #2, the SD card is not bootable nor usable on both pinebooks.

Does anybody have an idea what went wrong? Is there any other way to flash an image to EMMC without booting from SD? How can I 100% figure out if it is a HW, SW, SDcard or user related problem?

Thank you for your answers & suggestions.

Fun story: Meanwhile I've tried to run packages upgrade on #2. Something went wrong and now some packages are missing, DE is half broken (no panels or start menu) and I have to connect to wifi via CL Big Grin


Brick Anyone know of a good firewall?
Posted by: SpaceLord - 4 hours ago - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (1)

Goood morning vietnam! lol

So, I'm wanting to beef up my security a little bit, I have Cloud flare DNS on my router and ProtonVPN on my P.B.P.
I think all I'm missing is a decent firewall, If anyone has any info or tips it would be greatly appreciated. Smile


  NetworkManager
Posted by: wpeckham - 4 hours ago - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

Ran into something odd, and wonder if I am the only one.  Or, perhaps, if there is an easy fix.

I have the Pinebook Pro ANSI, Manjaro 21.02 XFCE running the Pinebook Pro kernel 5.7.19-1.

(BTW: I thought the Debian it came with was great, but I like Manjaro even better on this platform. The job on both hardware and software is just impressive!!! )

Since about three updates ago my NetworkManager has been unreliable on boot.  By that I mean there is about a 66% chance it will work just fine, but a 34% chance it will not start on boot.  All it takes to fix that is open a terminal and run "sudo NetworkManager start" and it comes up and everything is great. The next startup might be fine, or I might have to kick it up manually again. 

Any ideas?


  Manjaro Phosh beta6 is working well
Posted by: lsitongia - 5 hours ago - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I'm finding that beta6 is working well. Really, it's pretty amazing to me. I have Firefox, Thunderbird, connection to my Nextcloud server for Contacts, syncing files over Nextcloud, music, podcasts. Just about all the apps I use on my Manjaro laptop are working on my phone. Pretty amazing.

Google Fi is working for voice, text and data.

The convergence docking bar is working for ethernet, USB, HDMI.

I'm very impressed. I've wanted an alternative to the big private phone hardware companies for a long time. I've played with several alternatives on my old Nexus 4 phone. This PinePhone is very cool. It's really giving me everything I've wanted.

I look forward to a growing community of options for Linux phones, tablets and other hardware.

Congratulations!!! Big Grin


  Help me
Posted by: Hulk38 - 5 hours ago - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (1)

My pinephone bog possibility help me ? Smile thank's


  Booting Linux/Debian from the eMMC
Posted by: linuxha - 9 hours ago - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - Replies (3)

Okay, I've been searching like mad to get my RockPro64 back up and running. I figured out the serial (the jumper to select 3v3 is important). It would work for a little while then not. At least now I have a backup board but I'll put that to good use.  Big Grin

Now I've been searching the site for how to copy over the Debian image (Armbian) to the emmc and then booting from emmc. I ran this:

cat /tmp/Armbian_21.02.1_Rockpro64_buster_current_5.10.12.img.xz | xz -d | dd bs=30M of=/dev/mmcblk2

Fdisk shows:

# fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk2
Disk /dev/mmcblk2: 58.2 GiB, 62537072640 bytes, 122142720 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0xcb08aa40

Device                      Boot   Start       End Sectors  Size  Id  Type
/dev/mmcblk2p1      32768 3571711 3538944       1.7G 83 Linux



I attempted to boot (SW4 removed), SD and eMMC installed. Only boots to SD.

Pointers please
thanks


  Pine64 doesn't respect its return and refund policy?
Posted by: EverlyWyatt - Today, 02:25 AM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

Hi,

I would like to return and get a refund on my items but the support doesn't want to respect its policy about it, instead they either ghost me or bounce me around sales@pine64.org and ach claiming it's the other support that deal with this...



During one exchange they even told me to sell my items on ebay, I am still within 15 days the return and refund policy.


Any idea on how to deal with this situation?


Exclamation Force HTTPS on forum
Posted by: Danct12 - Today, 01:35 AM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

As of right now, the website can be visited without HTTPS (http://forum.pine64.org). This is a major security risk as it's possible to steal cookies over the network.


  Where is the IEMI number on my phone?
Posted by: logart - Yesterday, 05:44 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

Is there a way to probe the software for the IEMI number on my Mobian PinePhone?


  Pinephone app development
Posted by: drgr33n - Yesterday, 05:07 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

Hey guys,

I'm a proud new owner of a brand new pinephone! I wanted to start developing on the device but not sure what approach to take. I'm a bit long in the tooth when it comes to developing GUI applications and haven't done much development for many years but want to get back into tinkering.

To ease myself in I was thinking of writing a simple game like Tetris or some other fun game. I've looked at several toolkits like GTK and Qt but something else that piqued my interest was using Flutter? I found this YouTube video from the Linux Foundation and it got me thinking if this is something worth considering using for developing apps for the pinephone? This guy seems to have done a lot of the legwork to get this working for arm. I've included the video and I'm interested in hearing the opinions of more seasoned developers.