Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,497
» Latest member: Skinjewells
» Forum threads: 15,841
» Forum posts: 115,293

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
6 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,099
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
8 hours ago
» Replies: 30
» Views: 6,221
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,273
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,136
PineTime charging issues ...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: gsoundsgood
Yesterday, 02:59 PM
» Views: 154
Could not initialize Open...
09-14-2024, 12:06 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,744
How boot Alpine Linux
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-14-2024, 09:36 AM
» Views: 139
Pinebook Pro Recovery wit...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials
Last Post: bds
09-13-2024, 07:01 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 871
PinePhone doesn't boot an...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: lapin
09-13-2024, 10:09 AM
» Views: 197
Registering via protonmai...
Forum: General
Last Post: fishingtested
09-13-2024, 09:24 AM
» Views: 114

.NET on PineA64?
Posted by: BostonBay - 02-11-2016, 03:41 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

http://docs.asp.net/en/latest/getting-st...linux.html

Anyone thinking about this?  I am wondering...  Wouldn't need to rewrite my code from C# to C to use some of my utilities.

-Ken

Meteor Detector
Posted by: BostonBay - 02-11-2016, 01:53 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (6)

I think a cluster of these would be perfect to comb through thousands of night sky photos every day to identify meteor strikes.

In proper terminology, my 'cluster' will not run MPI or other clustering software.  It will be a group of independent work nodes.  The basic workflow is:

Get three sequential images where the middle one has not yet been processed.
Process the photos (convert from Canon RAW format; adjust brightness, contrast, etc...; compare the images; look at middle image for meteor signs like streaks or other irregularities)
Report results back to the main MySQL server.

Other computers in this class (like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc...) just don't have the horsepower to do this well.  I have tried this on a single 64 bit computer running Windows 7 but this shows bottlenecks in processing, OS Context Switching and network/HD access.  I believe having several Pine64s crunch through the images will work much better.

If this work well and I have time and money for the additional hardware, I may use the same methodology to search for asteroids.  We shall see.   Wink

Is the following air mouse supported?
Posted by: UrbanGecko - 02-11-2016, 11:09 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (5)

Will the following LG SMART air remote work with the pine?
http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video-acce...gic-remote

Please forgive me, but I'm incredibly ignorant as to how and what is compatible with your IR receiver.

Thanks in advance!

Raspberry Pi projects on Pine64
Posted by: cookeys - 02-11-2016, 10:31 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi,
I bought the pine a64 on Kickstarter and i would like if projects made for the Raspberry Pi will be compatible with the pine ?

Thank you !

Cookeys

Big Grin Super Mario case [NOW WITH UPDATED STL-FILE (April 27.)]
Posted by: Tarjei85 - 02-11-2016, 09:17 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (37)

Was playing around with the idea of making a SuperMario themed casing for my Pine.
The casing will be made in 3mm acrylic and the overall dimmensions of it will be 135x135x135mm.

I was not able to attach image, but if you follow the link under you can see the "prototype" of the case from my OneDrive album.

The album can be found here...

(The last image is side by side my Lumia 925 as reference to the size of the casing)

Because of the design there is ALOT of room for "shields" and addons to the Pine.

Needless to say this is going to be used as a gaming console...

UPDATE 27. April 2016:
             New STL file is uploaded to my Google Drive account.
             Newest update is raising the cutouts 5mm to make sure there is room for the soldering points underneath the Pine
             The file can be found HERE!

HDMI media PC and smarthome
Posted by: greasycajun - 02-10-2016, 05:57 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (8)

I purchased a Pine64 through kickstarter and am and interested in using this PC as a multi purpose device.  I will utilize it as a HDMI media PC with Kodi, but I would also like to use it as a zwave controller.  I was wondering if this is possible.

I see the simple ability to use this PC to turn on/off lights, fans and scenes.  But being that this PC will be connected to my 70" TV as a monitor, I figured I could get multiple purposes from it.

My second questoin is if it will have an IR port built in.  I have a logitech Harmony Elite home remote that I would also like to use with this awesome new computer.

Any other advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Upgrade to 2Gb the PINE A64+ IoT Package
Posted by: bluegene - 02-10-2016, 04:03 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

Hi to everybody Smile

I pledged 59$ for the IoT package, would it be able to upgrade to 2 Gb later?

Thanks Smile

Touchpanel information about heat and connection length
Posted by: MostHated - 02-10-2016, 03:22 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (2)

Hello,
    Any idea if the Pine as well as the screen are suitable for automotive temperatures? I wanted to make mine a "carputer" and mount a touch panel in my truck permanently. I know some electronics will become ruined in the Florida heat because of this though, (it is not recommended to leave normal tablets in your vehicle all the time, etc). Also, is the touch panel connection extendable so I can mount the pine under the dash, and have the screen be where the radio would normally be?

Thanks!

1080p Netlfix on Pine64
Posted by: ribiaco - 02-10-2016, 01:57 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

Is it going to be possible to stream 1080p Netlfix on Pine64 on any OS? Don't mind if it's Linux, Android or Remix OS.

Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Posted by: WLR - 02-10-2016, 12:35 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

There were requests to embed PoE on the PINE 64 board. Doing so would take a lot of valuable real estate on the board. It also adds complexity to the power circuits and general board layout. Given the size of the board, I think we'd all agree that the design & functionality choices made by the PINE 64 team have been good ones.

So... As it stands now the best way to get PoE is to do it is externally.

It was suggested in another thread to use the "extra" pairs in the CAT 5/6 cable by splitting them out. This compromises the 802.11 specs, but likely will work for short cables. There will be a significant voltage drop on long cables. Putting in higher voltage supplies to compensate will work, but the voltage drop will vary depending on current draw which can be an issue in some applications. That said, it'll work, but there can be significant power issues doing this.

The better and (IMO) correct way would be to use an external 802.3af compliant power device (e.g. something like a TP-LINK TL-POE10R) paired with a POE switch (e.g. something like a TP-LINK TL-SF1008P) or a 802.3af injector. 802.3af allows 25 watts, the previous standard was 15.4 with 12.95 watts available, so 2 amps @5v is no issue.

NOTE: the power out of the TP-LINK device is a barrel connector, so one would need to make a cable or use something ready made like this http://tinyurl.com/usb2m.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with TP-LINK, but have used these devices in the past and they worked well.

Just my $0.01 worth.