Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,497
» Latest member: Skinjewells
» Forum threads: 15,841
» Forum posts: 115,293

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
6 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,099
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
7 hours ago
» Replies: 30
» Views: 6,221
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,273
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,136
PineTime charging issues ...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: gsoundsgood
Yesterday, 02:59 PM
» Views: 153
Could not initialize Open...
09-14-2024, 12:06 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,744
How boot Alpine Linux
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-14-2024, 09:36 AM
» Views: 139
Pinebook Pro Recovery wit...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials
Last Post: bds
09-13-2024, 07:01 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 871
PinePhone doesn't boot an...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: lapin
09-13-2024, 10:09 AM
» Views: 197
Registering via protonmai...
Forum: General
Last Post: fishingtested
09-13-2024, 09:24 AM
» Views: 114

Linux distributions on PINE64 ?
Posted by: joe - 02-10-2016, 08:48 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (46)

Hi , 

PINE64 total of have which linux ?

1. Ubuntu
2. Debian
3. Archlinux
4. Centos
5. Fedora
6. Other ......

Thank !

OpenELEC on PINE64
Posted by: ikalbeniz - 02-10-2016, 08:42 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello,

I am thinking on porting OpenELEc to PINE64. I will create a fork with a new PINE64 folder under project folder to setup the board build/toolchain.

Has someone already started with this work? The idea is to redo as less as possible.

Thanks.

Redis Cluster
Posted by: ataylorm - 02-10-2016, 07:59 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

My first project is to try the Pine64 as a Redis Cluster by using several boards.  Redis is limited by network connections, ram, and to a very small extent disk space.  Because it's very easy to shard and cluster Redis, I think that that Pine64 would actually make a great Redis cluster.  Each board could be running a master instance and a slave instance for another master.  While the limited 2GB of RAM is still an issue with the Pine64, if you had say 10 boards, you could have essentially 10 masters and 10 slaves sharding the database thus giving you 10Gbps network throughput and 40 cores running only about 25 watts.  Sure you won't store the entire Google database, but compared to a standard server, the cost / watt performance should be extremely good.

Question Fan controll
Posted by: Tarjei85 - 02-10-2016, 04:02 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

I was wondering if it is possible to have fan-speed-controll automated on the pine. I got my hands on a fan similar to this and was planing to combine this with a 20x20 heatsink, but I dont want the fan to go on 9k rpm all the time.

In "worst case scenario" I guess I have to make a custom case for the pine so there is room to make a controll-unit using an Arduino nano but I hope there is an easier way to do this.

For the record I am going to go with Android as OS.

Music Enabling Bluetooth a2dp sink profile on pine64+
Posted by: Perekuras - 02-09-2016, 12:48 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hey everyone!

I have this thought of instaling pine64 into my car instead of the  crappy standart casette radio. I would really love to have the functionality to stream music via bluetooth from my phone to the pine64 and answer phone calls through it. the problem is streaming audio from android-to-android devices. i don't want to use an app for that. SO.. the question is: is it possible somehow to enable a2dp sink profile in the pine without third-party apps? I am no android developer but found some info on the web that lollipop suports a2dp sink.

Does anyone know any tutorials on this topic? is it possible for a non-developer to do?

any and all input is greatly appreciated Big Grin thanks.

LCD Panel
Posted by: MikeJewski - 02-09-2016, 10:21 AM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (1)

Has anyone been able to find any large LCD screens that utilize the MIPI connection that the Pine has? I have been looking around, but can't seem to find anything. Also, any idea how large of a screen the Pine can drive without requiring an external power source?

micro SD speed
Posted by: stephen fleming - 02-08-2016, 05:30 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (12)

I was reading that the new Odroid C2 has a micro SD clock of 83MHz and a bus speed of SDR50 (up to 50 MB/s), and that the Raspberry Pi has a micro SD clock of 50MHz and a bus speed of SDR25 (up to 25MB/s). What is the micro SD clock and bus speed of the Pine 64?

LCD panel with RGB LEDs
Posted by: Ghost - 02-08-2016, 03:27 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (3)

Kickstarter backer RaspiBit, in the comments section, says:

"Guys please, add a directly pluggable lcd panel + RGB LEDs to show info and notifications, it would be a mix between this two things:

Adafruit Blue White 16x2 LCD 

Ledborg from Piborg

Now that we all are waiting for longer, it would be really nice to get such addon with the board."

I think he wants a combination of this and this. I said I would ask about it on his behalf.

Mesh node
Posted by: Madroxprime - 02-08-2016, 01:50 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

If some one is interested in turning their Pine into a science fair project, a Mesh network node would be fun*.

*May not be applicable for all definitions of fun.

ETA Linux image?
Posted by: psypro - 02-08-2016, 11:37 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Pine64 corp when will you have Ubuntu linux ready?

You promised I think in one of the videos a demonstration of Linux on pine64. It would be good to see it now, especially since the delays.