Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,474
» Latest member: sallytrees
» Forum threads: 15,831
» Forum posts: 115,247

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Serial Output Garbage aft...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: foresto
1 hour ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,404
OS Options for Pinetab2
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
9 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 98
PinePhone's LED is blinki...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: zvavybir
Yesterday, 02:39 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
Could Someone Give Advice...
Forum: General
Last Post: WilliamThompson
09-05-2024, 09:42 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 172
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: WilliamThompson
09-05-2024, 09:40 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3,313
PineTime charging issues ...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: tllim
09-05-2024, 10:53 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 75
Office applications for t...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: Peter Gamma
09-05-2024, 09:22 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 198
3 days in, slow/stuck or ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: lgmpbp2
09-05-2024, 08:49 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 2,338
Pinecil on Amazon?
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Jeb
09-05-2024, 08:23 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,276
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
09-05-2024, 08:07 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,073

PicoCluster Question
Posted by: T_ech - 02-01-2016, 04:36 PM - Forum: Cluster Computing - Replies (5)

IK that PicoCluster is mainly used for web servers and businesses but can this be utilized as just a personal computer? Basically what I am asking is that are the P64 clusters 3 different computers that do not share the same power or can you just run one OS and just get more processing power out of it, also if you can use it as a PC, can you run an OS on it and how hard would it be?

IK that is a lot to think about and I am sorry.

P.S. How expensive would the cluster cost? Wink

Question Autodesk Inventor
Posted by: matt - 01-31-2016, 10:36 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

I'm wondering if the pine64 can enhance my laptop to use autodesk inventor in storage and performance. Also could I double the storage and performance by simply getting 2?

Recalbox
Posted by: fdeschape - 01-31-2016, 06:44 PM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - Replies (29)

Hello everyone,

My current favorite OS for the rpi2 is RECALBOX. It is easy to use and its the best one ive seen to run n64 on using the rpi2. My guess is that with the 64bit and 2gb version (which i kickstarted) it would run perfect. 

Anyone know if it will be difficult to make recalbox work on the pine a64+ 2 gb? If not I do not mind retropie or Lakka.

Air mouse Shown in FruitNinja Video on the kickstarter campaign
Posted by: AlanB - 01-31-2016, 02:17 PM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (11)

On the kickstarter campaign page there is a video of someone "Testing Fruit Ninja with an optional Air Mouse!"
From the video itself, it seems that is a very responsive 3D Air mouse.  I would like to purchase that exact unit and give it a try.
What is the brand and model number of that specific Air Mouse?

motor shield?
Posted by: hazerty - 01-31-2016, 02:19 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (12)

have you planned motor shield for3D print or other?

Lego Case
Posted by: Kiryu - 01-30-2016, 11:59 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (67)

I plan on building a Lego NES case when I finally get mine. Will probably need to run to the lego store at some point to get the pieces I need, but would anyone happen to know the parts list to make something like this?

LVDS Questions
Posted by: MikeJewski - 01-30-2016, 11:16 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (5)

It is said on the wiki that the plus model can drive an LCD through LVDS up to 1366x768. My question is how would the pine64 react to the inverter needed with older LCD displays from laptops. Also, would it be able to drive an LED LCD screen through this display port?

New module: POT board
Posted by: Crispin - 01-30-2016, 07:30 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (25)

Hi all,

Very cool to see the new modules being talked about and shown.

I saw the latest Kickstarter update and was wondering what the role of the "12C POT board" was? What is this and what would it be used for? Or is this one of those "if you have to ask then it isn't for you"-type scenarios?  Smile

Cool

NAS, Plex Server
Posted by: Crispin - 01-30-2016, 07:22 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi all,

I've been imagining all the areas I might be able to put a PINE64 to good use around the home, and so far I'm predicting I'm going to need at least half a dozen of them! Sounds like a few fun weekends ahead...

Does anyone know if there is the ability/opportunity to use a PINE64 to run a small NAS operating system (and connect it up to a few USB hard drives)? Or is this not a good use-case, perhaps because a SATA connection is needed?

The other idea I had was to run Plex Server on a PINE64 as a back-end (and of course use another PINE64 for a front-end) - does anyone know if that would be possible? Or would it suffer from the same lack of SATA speed for media retrieval? I was hoping it might be fine for 1-2 simultaneous streams?

Cool

PicoCluster
Posted by: Crispin - 01-30-2016, 07:11 PM - Forum: Cluster Computing - Replies (4)

Hi all,

I am intrigued by the partnership with PicoCluster and what this might enable for end-users in our homes.

Does anyone have any ideas/plans on what clustering PINE64s might enable? Or does it simply make one's PINE64 unit more powerful/fast, as opposed to adding more features?

Cool