Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,151
» Latest member: Vista8720
» Forum threads: 15,696
» Forum posts: 114,610

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
1 hour ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2,564
link for supported pineph...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: Eugo
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 293
power button not working
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: Vista8720
05-07-2024, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
05-07-2024, 11:33 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: traut
05-07-2024, 08:53 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 142
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-06-2024, 09:27 AM
» Views: 644
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Richy_T
05-06-2024, 08:32 AM
» Views: 113
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
05-06-2024, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 100
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 398
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 159

Can you?
Posted by: poolhayes2000 - 12-28-2015, 07:51 PM - Forum: DC Power In - Replies (3)

I'm trying to get to a stage where I can use all my peripherals with all my boards (not that I've used any yet) so as not to duplicate and have unnecessary parts lying around doing nothing, so my question is:

Can I use my Raspberry PI Power unit to power the Pine 64?
Also I will order the Camera and Screen, will these also work with the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks
Graham

USB HDD Power
Posted by: eender - 12-27-2015, 06:06 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (5)

Hey Guys,

I just wondered if i want to attach a external usb HDD to the PINE64 do i need a powered usb hub or not ?

Because the HDD i own, only got one usb cable and no power supply

Inexpensive USB Microphone Option
Posted by: Ron Piggott - 12-25-2015, 11:47 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (4)

Hi Everyone

I've found this inexpensive USB microphone and headset

I won't know if this is compatible until I receive my 'Pine 64'.  I wanted to share this to encourage those who need a microphone there are inexpensive options for those who are willing to wait a few weeks for a shipment coming from China. 

Ron

Android Image and Linux BSP Available for download
Posted by: khgoh - 12-25-2015, 06:12 PM - Forum: News - Replies (3)

Hi,
We have posted the latest Android Image and Linux BSP for Pine A64 board in our Wiki at link listed below,

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Pa...e_Download

You are welcome to download and check it out.

Regards.

revision board
Posted by: hazerty - 12-25-2015, 12:38 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (8)

I would like to know what is the revision board will be sold to backers?

and if we can to know the evolution between the board, Rev A/B/C or upper if exist..?

thank you

Pine64 will be supported by HypriotOS (a Debian Jessie based OS for running Docker)
Posted by: Quintus23M - 12-25-2015, 05:39 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

Hi,

as soon as I get my pledged PINE A64+ board, we'll build a new version of HypriotOS to run on it.

HypriotOS is based upon the latest Debian Jessie and is build as a ready-to-run Linux distribution and includes the complete Docker Tools pre-installed. One of our main goals is it, that the users can download a complete OS Image and flash it to a SD card image or into the device and can instantly start using it. Until now we support the Raspberry Pi family, but plan to extend to more 32- and 64-bit boards soon. http://blog.hypriot.com

As I understand, PINE A64 is currently only supporting a 3.10 kernel (maybe a 3.18 or 4.x kernel later in 2016). That's not a real concern as I have already Docker running on other 3.10 kernels on ARM64 boards.

So, if anybody wants to get HypriotOS for the PINE A64, please send us your feedback on our Gitter channel https://gitter.im/hypriot/talk or tweet at @HypriotTweets your thoughts and ideas on this project.

And it would be great to get a direct contact and support from the PINE A64 team, this could speed up things for development for sure.

Dieter
@Quintus23M

Bluetooth Keyboard - Mouse
Posted by: Ron Piggott - 12-24-2015, 09:56 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (3)

I am going to set up my 'Pine 64+' with 'Lubuntu' (Linux).  For this application I will need a keyboard and mouse.  I am seriously considering using Bluetooth for these. 

This would also give me the option of adding additional Bluetooth peripherals in the future.   However I have no experience with Bluetooth.  

I have two questions:

1 - Can these automatically pair each time the computer is turned on so I don't need another keyboard or mouse to enable these?  

2 - Will the Pine 64+ Bluetooth be USB based or something that plugs in to one of the expansion slots?  I would ideally like to keep the USB free for other things.

Ron

wifi cast
Posted by: hazerty - 12-24-2015, 10:39 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

I would like to know If wifi board is capable to cast from cellphone to TV, like chrome cast?
via DNLA or other?

I would like control the board with my cellphone.

Thank you.

power Circuit
Posted by: polo - 12-24-2015, 06:37 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (28)

Is will possible to control the startup/shutdown of the Pin64, i think about a button connecting to some pin that manage software shutdown and  power circuit ?

Bootable eMMC ?
Posted by: pierzogad - 12-23-2015, 02:54 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

Would it be possible to add some 8GB eMMC module?

With the option to boot from SD and fallback to eMMC. So you could transfer system to eMMC and had option to update it from SD if something goes wrong. 
From what I saw Allwinner finally published sources for bootloader, so it should be doable - don't know how it would affect price though.