Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,111
» Latest member: lissajonees
» Forum threads: 15,681
» Forum posts: 114,548

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 37
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 70
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,221
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 136
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,104
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:40 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,882
AI posts
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,001
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 633

LVDS support
Posted by: Flood_of_SYNs - 12-12-2015, 10:00 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (2)

I saw on the pine64 wiki that the block diagram for the CPU/SOC shows LVDS 1366x768 as a display option.
I am interesting in using that interface, is it accessible on one of the headers?
[Image: A64_Block_Diagram.png]

Linking the boards to make a server?
Posted by: Ramlatus - 12-12-2015, 09:06 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

I'm new to the whole non-prebuilt computer thing. Can these be linked/networked to build a simple server to host things like a minecraft server or something similar? How many would it take to do this?

I/O expansions - what are your plan(s)?
Posted by: Vroomer - 12-12-2015, 05:35 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (7)

title says it all. What do you plan to attach to the I/O expansion ports?

eMMC memory
Posted by: hazerty - 12-12-2015, 03:34 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (8)

hello I can see in the datasheet A64,  up to three SD/MMC controller and comply  to eMMC standard V5.0

the question is, can I add eMMC memory? 8GB,16gb or 32GB with eMMC module ?

Thanks you.

Welcome to the gaming portion of the forum!
Posted by: KryPtAlIvIaN - 12-12-2015, 02:34 PM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - Replies (4)

Hello everyone!

I will help moderate this portion of the forum. If you guys need any help, don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

This area will be dedicated to gaming, whether it be retro or current. Feel free to post questions, projects, or your thoughts. I do ask all of you to be kind and mature to one another.

Again, welcome everyone and I cant wait to see what this community can achieve with their new Pine A64!

KryPtAlIvIaN

H.264 Video Encoding?
Posted by: bigmacattack - 12-12-2015, 12:35 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

The Pine64 FAQ mentions that H.264 video *encoding* is supported. How is this achieved? Via an attached camera? Or can it also be achieved via the HDMI port?

HDMI 3D, ARC + Ethernet Channels?
Posted by: bigmacattack - 12-12-2015, 12:32 PM - Forum: HDMI Port - Replies (4)

I see that HDMI CEC will be supported, but what about some of the other features of HDMI 1.4 such as 3D, the Audio Return Channel (ARC) and the Ethernet Channel?

PoE Daughter card Option?
Posted by: bigmacattack - 12-12-2015, 12:26 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

By the looks of it the Pine64 boards don't support this, but I wanted to bring it up in discussion.

Have you guys thought about having the Pine64 boards be able to interface with a PoE 802.3af/at daughter card?

My hope would be that if the cost of the board can stay roughly the same, but be able to interface with a PoE 802.3af/at daughter card for those interested, this would greatly increase the board's versatility.

I for one would absolutely love this.

Optical SPDIF via 3.5mm Jack?
Posted by: bigmacattack - 12-12-2015, 12:19 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (26)

By the looks of it, the Pine64 boards don't support Optical SPDIF via the 3.5mm Jack, only SPDIF via the 'euler' bus connector. Is this correct?

The low-cost "Chromecast Audio" device supports optical SPDIF via its 3.5mm jack, so my thought is that the physical component isn't too expensive (if you can find the source for it). It would be nice to have/tout SPDIF support without having to create a daughter card.

What are your thoughts?

WiFi/BT Interface?
Posted by: bigmacattack - 12-12-2015, 12:10 PM - Forum: Wifi/BT Module - Replies (3)

What interface type is being used for the WiFi + Bluetooth card? Is it only intended to work with Pine64 manufactured cards, or also 3rd-party cards?

With the Pine64 board having 4K video support, it would be preferable to me to have an 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0 BLE option.

For others, Zigbee, 6LoWPAN, AM/FM/DAB etc. might be preferable. What other radios might be possible/will be available?