Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,112
» Latest member: Kozmo2k4
» Forum threads: 15,682
» Forum posts: 114,549

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 09:22 PM
» Views: 26
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 09:21 PM
» Views: 18
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 77
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,227
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 137
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,110
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:40 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,887
AI posts
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,003

WiFi/BT Interface?
Posted by: bigmacattack - 12-12-2015, 12:10 PM - Forum: Wifi/BT Module - Replies (3)

What interface type is being used for the WiFi + Bluetooth card? Is it only intended to work with Pine64 manufactured cards, or also 3rd-party cards?

With the Pine64 board having 4K video support, it would be preferable to me to have an 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0 BLE option.

For others, Zigbee, 6LoWPAN, AM/FM/DAB etc. might be preferable. What other radios might be possible/will be available?

Ham RAdio
Posted by: ChasFred - 12-12-2015, 11:27 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (28)

Greetings, Just wondering if there are any Ham Radio operators here with plans to use this with their station operation.

K5CYA

Please, please, please do PoE
Posted by: bill - 12-12-2015, 11:11 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (10)

I sent this to the kickstarter email as well but please consider doing this with POE.  this box would be perfect for a bunch of wired network connected stuff and the ability to power them from the ethernet switches without individual power supplies would be fantastic (and something that the Pi guys have not done)

PoE is not that hard to do and would save people who have powered switches a lot of headache running both Cat5/6 wires and the little USB dongles to power the thing.

Allwinner
Posted by: kikimonster - 12-12-2015, 08:10 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (23)

http://linux-sunxi.org/GPL_Violations

I'm in no way an expert, but on paper they're good, however due to open source practices their GPUs never perform as well as their specs imply. How is this being taken into account? How will this impact my experience with your device?

Touch Display Detail
Posted by: manny89 - 12-12-2015, 02:10 AM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (8)

Can you provide some addition details on the upcoming 7inch touch display such as: 

• Capacitive or Resistive Touch? 
  • TN or IPS?
  • Transmissive / Reflective / Transflective?
  • Viewing Angle?
  • PPI  (pixel density)?
  • DSI / LVDS or HDMI interface?
  • 18bit / 24bit color?
  • Refresh Rate?
  • etc.. 
Maybe just a link to the data sheet would be best. 

Thanks, 

-MG

Plex server
Posted by: arghne - 12-12-2015, 01:44 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (59)

How do you guys think Pine A64 will hold up as a plex server? 
I guess the 2gb ram version would be the best for this...

Plex server
Posted by: arghne - 12-12-2015, 01:44 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (48)

How do you guys think Pine A64 will hold up as a plex server? 
I guess the 2gb ram version would be the best for this...

Question How about developer and OSS friendlyness?
Posted by: milo - 12-11-2015, 08:22 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (4)

How about developing software for the board?

I'm curious if the board would be any good for system development and prototyping. Most of the site focuses on "end user" applications and systems, while I'm only interested in the board as a basis for combined hardware/software development. A few detailed questions that come to mind here:

Can I get the sources for the images and compile them myself?

Is there support for Yocto and OpenEmbedded?

If I configure and build my own mainline kernel for this board, will I still be able to decode video in hardware?

Enclosures
Posted by: versetti - 12-11-2015, 06:57 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (2)

I was just wondering what the dimensions for the board are, so I can work towards making an enclosure. I have looked and I haven't been able to find it around here.

Pi-2 bus memory map
Posted by: Gravis - 12-11-2015, 06:08 AM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (3)

will the Pi-2 bus be memory mapped to the same addresses as the original?  it would be a killer feature if you could use unmodified code for the Pi-2 on the pine 64.