Can't get it to start up
        Got it yesterday and I was looking forward to seeing what it can do. I created the bootable card and set up everything to get it to go. I put the Ethernet cable, the monitor, a mouse and finally the plug to my tablet. The plug has a thick cord and is powerful enough to run anything. Including my Pi2. 

So the red light comes on, the monitor tries to get a picture and then.. NOTHING. No picture, no nothing. Help?
Try booting with only power and HDMI connected to see if thats the problem. Otherwise there has been reports of the Pine being picky with the screen connected.
(04-15-2016, 11:41 AM)yourhighpriestess Wrote: Got it yesterday and I was looking forward to seeing what it can do. I created the bootable card and set up everything to get it to go. I put the Ethernet cable, the monitor, a mouse and finally the plug to my tablet. The plug has a thick cord and is powerful enough to run anything. Including my Pi2. 

So the red light comes on, the monitor tries to get a picture and then.. NOTHING. No picture, no nothing. Help?

I had the same. Got mine yesterday too. Tried all the available images, but nothing appeared on my monitor. I thought it would be broken. Then I searched this forum, and it's a known issue. I use a HDMI to DVI converter cable, to connect to a monitor. It won't work. Very dissapointing! I connected it to my TV, by real HDMI, and I had a picture. So I know now that the board works, and eventually I want to use it as a multimedia player, but for now it's useless!

Too bad.... as long as I can't use DVI, I can't work with the Pine 64!

I have with two RPI's, which work perfectly when connecting to a DVI monitor.
I think I have the same display as you. Is it connected via an HDMI to DVI adaptor?
(04-15-2016, 11:46 AM)Tarjei85 Wrote: Try booting with only power and HDMI connected to see if thats the problem. Otherwise there has been reports of the Pine being picky with the screen connected.

Still nothing. Even put in the plug without the monitor and THEN plugged in the monitor. I'm trying to run lollypop on it. Should I try a different OS?

(04-15-2016, 12:34 PM)pbeesley Wrote: I think I have the same display as you. Is it connected via an HDMI to DVI adaptor?

yes. Never had a problem before.
(04-15-2016, 12:34 PM)pbeesley Wrote: I think I have the same display as you. Is it connected via an HDMI to DVI adaptor?

Mine is, I guess yourhighpriestess too, as I also use a Samsung monitor.
FYI I have 4 TV's in the house and the Pine works on only 1. Thats with 3 different hdmi cables and NO adapters.

Quite obviously they have an issue to address. We can only wait, and scream loudly.
Your experience mirrors my own... I flashed the android image to my SD card with the win32 disk imager method which I have used to great success on several raspberry pis. I tried 2 different micro USB power supplies, a LiPo battery, a PC power supply with an adapter to connect to pin 2 and 6 on the e bus. All to no avail. I was about to give up but after reading dozens of threads I went back to the SD card. Verified my SD card with H2testw which it passed. Re-flashed using the phoenix utility. The flashing failed two times but was successful on the third. At least then I got the Pine64 Logo. Still working on it but I am now at least confident that I can get it to boot.

Try the Phoenix Card burn method...
(04-15-2016, 05:28 PM)quintonc Wrote: Your experience mirrors my own...  I flashed the android image to my SD card with the win32 disk imager method which I have used to great success on several raspberry pis. I tried 2 different micro USB power supplies, a LiPo battery, a PC power supply with an adapter to connect to pin 2 and 6 on the e bus. All to no avail. I was about to give up but after reading dozens of threads I went back to the SD card. Verified my SD card with  H2testw which it passed. Re-flashed using the phoenix utility. The flashing failed two times but was successful on the third. At least then I got the Pine64 Logo. Still working on it but I am now at least confident that I can get it to boot.  

PhoenixCard does seem to be a weak link in the chain, right next to inadequate power supplies.
(04-15-2016, 05:28 PM)quintonc Wrote: Your experience mirrors my own...  I flashed the android image to my SD card with the win32 disk imager method which I have used to great success on several raspberry pis. I tried 2 different micro USB power supplies, a LiPo battery, a PC power supply with an adapter to connect to pin 2 and 6 on the e bus. All to no avail. I was about to give up but after reading dozens of threads I went back to the SD card. Verified my SD card with  H2testw which it passed. Re-flashed using the phoenix utility. The flashing failed two times but was successful on the third. At least then I got the Pine64 Logo. Still working on it but I am now at least confident that I can get it to boot.  

Used Phoenix to write it and nothing. I'm thinking about Win32 Imager now.

This is new..

When I wrote Android back on it and plugged it in, the screen is black and the power light on the monitor flashes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Session fails to fully start after unexpected power off during initial upgrade Avron 0 1,914 03-18-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Avron
  Where do I start? dhewko 6 7,725 06-16-2016, 03:55 AM
Last Post: dhewko
  Start-Up Advice irobot 1 3,653 05-16-2016, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Luke