Start-Up Advice
Hi all

I had some of the same troubles getting my board to boot.

Plugged board into HDMI input on TV and booted right up.

I also had the issue with red power LED turning off. I swapped out the power supply with a spare
5V supply from an old cell phone to resolve that.

I'm running the Debian OS, downloaded from Pine64 Wiki site. I tested without ethernet plugged in. The boot process pauses for about 2 minutes as it looks for an active LAN connection. After that, login prompt displays and all seems OK.

Hope this helps!
(05-15-2016, 10:55 PM)irobot Wrote: Hi all

I had some of the same troubles getting my board to boot.

Plugged board into HDMI input on TV and booted right up.

I also had the issue with red power LED turning off. I swapped out the power supply with a spare
5V supply from an old cell phone to resolve that.

I'm running the Debian OS, downloaded from Pine64 Wiki site. I tested without ethernet plugged in. The boot process pauses for about 2 minutes as it looks for an active LAN connection. After that, login prompt displays and all seems OK.

Hope this helps!

Yup, the OS waits for an Ethernet connection. If you plug in the Ethernet cable it will boot up quicker.

Side note: please check what amps the 5V puts out --- 2A or more is preferable. Some cell phone chargers have lower outputs. If you use a charger with less than 5V 2A you may run into problems when the system experiences load.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Session fails to fully start after unexpected power off during initial upgrade Avron 0 1,876 03-18-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Avron
  advice requested for purchase Ikke 5 7,222 02-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Where do I start? dhewko 6 7,627 06-16-2016, 03:55 AM
Last Post: dhewko
  Can't get it to start up yourhighpriestess 31 41,237 04-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Last Post: artus