Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,504
» Latest member: davidparker
» Forum threads: 15,842
» Forum posts: 115,299

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
Today, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 31
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
Today, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 847
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
Today, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 596
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,144
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,282
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-16-2024, 04:57 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 6,272
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Views: 1,297
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,142
PineTime charging issues ...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: gsoundsgood
09-15-2024, 02:59 PM
» Views: 175
Could not initialize Open...
09-14-2024, 12:06 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,800

Which cable for touchscreen display?
Posted by: JulianM - 02-17-2016, 07:40 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

Hi there,

which cable does I need to connect the official offered 7 inch touchscreen display to the Pine64+?
- 5 Way 12C Cable
- 5-Way to 4-Way I2C Cable
- 4 Way 12C Cable

Best regards
Julian

When are we receiving the board?
Posted by: 7777777 - 02-17-2016, 07:01 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (16)

Hi, today I incliuded and paid the wifi+bluetooth module

there is a contradiction:

we will be charged the wifi module by April when closes the lockdown date

but they also say to ship by february, so when will we receive everything?

Minor note about the RTC battery
Posted by: MichaelMeissner - 02-17-2016, 01:31 AM - Forum: Lithium and RTC Ports - Replies (12)

I just completed my backerkit survey.  On the picture for the battery for the RTC (real time clock), both the CR and the AAA battery packs just have red/black wires.  I would hope the actual battery pack shipped has the appropriate JST-PH plug to go into the pine64 board (or whatever plug you use on the board).

Upgrade to 2GB in current pledge without upgrading pledge
Posted by: balaji_pitchumani - 02-17-2016, 12:36 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (7)

Hi..

I am early february holiday backer with 1GB RAM and $19 pledge. I want to upgrade this to 2GB RAM without any impact to my delivery now..

can i do this without need for buying additional 2Gb boards?

Thanks
Balaji

2nd display via GERT VGA 666 board/hat ?
Posted by: n1tr0 - 02-16-2016, 10:11 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (5)

Hi,
I know the backer survey is scheduled to go out today with the option to add more boards. I was really dissapointed to see that the lcd panel output was switched and won't support lvds. 

I'm wondering if it's possible to use the GPIO pins to run the GERT VGA 666 board/hat for the raspberry pi as an alternative video out option? I want to run a smaller (800x600) lcd as my primary/internal display while saving the hdmi output for the secondary/external display.

Thanks

pine A64 as midi computer
Posted by: urison - 02-16-2016, 08:00 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

I have a Evolution ekeys 49 MIDI keyboard
its a midi instrument 
can I build  pine A64 be a station for that? 
(base on Linux or android)  its use a normal USB connection 
and the ekeys 49 is just a keyboard that looks like a piano keyboard
but to get music from it its need a midi  software  

Current known limitations of Pine64
Posted by: SkimMilk - 02-15-2016, 11:30 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (9)

First off: this post does not aim to discredit Pine's efforts in bringing this KS to reality.
Instead, it's to highlight the current limitations (as of 16 Feb 2016) of the Pine, so that users can make informed decisions on their pledge / purchases.

All information here are consolidated from various threads that have been discussed in this forum / from KS.
Credit goes to original posters of the information.

If i'm missing some stuff or I've not placed the correct facts here, please let me know and I'll amend them accordingly.

So here's the list:

1) HD video from Netflix (don't even go to 4K on this topic)
Looking at this article, we know that Netflix does not certify a lot of hardware for HD readiness.
So in this case, if you are looking to use Pine64 as a media center, you may be hit with this limitation.
No idea if there are any workarounds at the moment.

2) Linux: running Linux on Pine64 is not ready *yet*.
Based on discussions here, Allwinner's (I'll refer to them as AW from here on) SBCs are known to work well with Android, but not Linux.
It appears that team Pine A64 went into this thinking that they will be able to get Linux running with support from the community, and not knowing the limitations. If tllim's next meet up with AW can't get them to release all documentation to anyone who has not signed an NDA (aka the community), full Linux compatibility may be an issue (or will take a long time to get things fully working).

From the discussion in armbian, we also get to know that SoCs powered via micro usb may face power issues if one plugs in too many device / components. So this is a thing to watch for if you get sudden black outs / reboots.

Linux support is actually quite a big thing to me. I had been hoping to be able to run Linux on the Pine.
If Linux could run properly, a LOT of children and schools from the poor / developing communities can really benefit from this.
Imagine empowering them with the power of computing at such a low cost.
I really hope Linux development can take off.

3) No HDCP 2.2 support
This is not on the Pine64 due to licensing (5 figure fee per annum according to tllim)

4) Ram limit
Currently, this SoC can only support up to 3GB of ram. Whether this option will be available during Backerkit release, we do not know.
For 2 or 3GB on Android, I think that's more than enough.

That's all for now.

This is my first SBC purchase and I'm just trying things out. If Linux can take off, then I'll most likely have plans to distribute these.
Worst case scenario that it doesn't, then I'll just use the Pine64 as an entertainment unit for my kids. Smile

Information Pine64 Head Unit
Posted by: Zoidiano0 - 02-15-2016, 02:26 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (100)

Hi Guys i know that the Board's has not been shipped yet but there is a common project for some of the members  and that is
to build a DIY Car Head Unit

[Image: 2pts07q.jpg]

this is a main project or a common goal to build this with our Board

i was talking with some people interested and this is the list of  some of the features that we think this HeadUnit Should have:

- AUDIO

- 4x50W RMS Audio Output ( with a better DAC  of course )

Better DAC

to join to our Amp's Systems Wink

- GPS (USB, Serial)

[/url]
-
ND-105C

- BU-353-S4 (added by @dalasu)

- Here is an other solution to be able to use our own phone or tablet as GPS Source
     [url=Here is an other solution to be able to use our own phone or tablet as GPS Source App added By @ipsw]App   added By @ipsw
PDT: U Dont lose BT conectivity on either ( tablet/ phone or pine )

- USB "POWERED HUB" (so we can power all kind of devices no matter the load (but care about the bandwidth)

- D-Link DUB-H7 (added by @dalasu)

- NOISE ISOLATOR

DC/DC Converter with Galvanic Isolation 5V/3A (added by @dalasu)

- SDR Radio http://sdrtouch.com/ for more info

- if we can get some help of a developer we can get audio streaming Android to Android Connection to play music from out own phone or of a friend ("Bluetooth"), Like a normal bluetooth head unit

- CAN and OBDII Capabilities
Torque

- Integrated Security System with the Pine64 and some RF peripherals
like  a 2 ways alarm systems but  better Wink and we also can use a cellular service to send a text sms if something happens to out car   or simply via 915mhz RF

- Rear Camera Support  by using an external composite video receiver

Camera: Esky EC170-06

Receiver: Vktech
Receiver: Easycap DC60 STK1160 (Amazon.com) (added by @dalasu)
Receiver: Easycap DC60 STK1160 (ebay.com) (added by @dalasu)

- And of course if is possible have access to  ANDROID AUTO

ok if there is some questions and features to add to the list  please leave a comment and give your opinion about this project
and if someone can give a try of some of the products that i have mentioned in this list or if u know about some others that can work for us post it so i can add it to the list and we can have more options and so improve this project Big Grin
thanks!

Host website on Pine server
Posted by: Ernst - 02-15-2016, 12:48 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (6)

Hi there,

I would like to use my Pine as a server to host my website. Does anyone know a easy way to do this?
I found a way to do it with a Raspberry Pi, can I use the same steps as they do?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Host-you...pberry-pi/

Thanks

LCD color depth + touch controller
Posted by: manny89 - 02-15-2016, 10:53 AM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - No Replies

Hey there @tllim (et al.), two questions regarding the LCD/touch screen. 

Question 1: I'm trying to find/confirm the color depth of the LCD screen. Looking at the LCD datasheet, it's unclear if the screen supports 16 bit (5:6:5 or 5:5:5), 18 bit (6:6:6) or the full 24 bit (8:8:8) true color palette. Obviously, 24 bit would be ideal. 

• Can you confirm the pixel color specs and the display controller being used for the display? 

This is important as we're creating graphics to be rendered and need to know what color resolution will be supported. 

Question 2: Last month I was hoping to see specs related to the touch controller being used. 
  • Is there a selection made and a datasheet available for the capacitive touch controller? 

TIA, 

-MG