Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,843
» Forum posts: 115,303

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
2 hours ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 6,296
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
6 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 638
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
Yesterday, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 52
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 858
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
Yesterday, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 608
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,148
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,291
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,307
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,142

Wifi/BT module with/without an antenna?
Posted by: lianaboy - 02-18-2016, 01:59 AM - Forum: Wifi/BT Module - Replies (8)

Hi everybody,
just a quick question - does the Wifi/BT module contain an antenna? The Pine64 shown in the youtube videos has some kind of an antenna/wire.... Just wondering whether I should buy an external antenna with U.FL connector or it comes with the module... there is no info about it on the survey page...
BR,
Peter

Lockdown Date in April?
Posted by: Evad74 - 02-18-2016, 12:16 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (10)

I received the survey, and of course added several items.

I originally pledged $36 to receive the 64+ with 2GB, and I believe they were to ship yet in Feb.  I just did my survey and of course added some items.  I thought I was careful not to add anything that would delay shipment, but upon completion I see the survey confirmation I received says estimated lockdown date of 04/15/16.  After that my card will be charged and items will be shipped.....  Did I add something that bumped my ship date?  I went back into it and none of the items I added said anything about delayed shipping.  

Here's what I added:
64GB MicroSD Card - 64GBAND
Qty: 1 x $18.24

USB Keyboard HUB.
Qty: 1 x $10.99
HDMI to VGA Adapter With Audio
Qty: 1 x $6.24
Wifi 802.11BGN/ Bluetooth 4.0 Module
Qty: 1 x $9.99
PINE64 5V 2A Power Supply - USA
Qty: 1 x $6.24
RTC Backup Battery - AAA
Qty: 1 x $4.24

I'm sorry to bother, but I'm excited and don't want to wait for April to receive my board.  I'd rather remove something from my cart.  Am I understanding this correctly? 

BTW, after I went back into my selection to double check for anything that indicated delayed shipping I simply closed the web browser tab without re-confirming.  I didn't undo my submission did I?

Thanks,
  Evad74

4K Media Package Enclosure
Posted by: Inuyasha - 02-17-2016, 11:22 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (2)

Not sure if this has been answered anywhere, but is the acrylic case with the 4 pegs/supports the one that is included with the 4K Media package? This is what is says for my pledge:

Items included in your pledge
$59 Reward

The PINE A64+ 4K Media Computer You will get the PINE A64+ 1GB unit along with 8GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with Android 5.1. IR receiver and remote control, PINE64 Power Supply, and the PINE64 Enclosure. You can upgrade to a 2GB model later for $10. (Light Assembly Required) (No wifi/bluetooth - we will offer a list of compatible wifi/bluetooth modules you can use to connect later).

As you can see, it doesn't specify which case is included.

What about pixy Support
Posted by: Zoidiano0 - 02-17-2016, 08:01 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (2)

pixy  on roboticx on the pine64 can make us our live much easier

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8sl3nMlYxM

Page:

http://charmedlabs.com/default/pixy-cmucam5/

what do you think good idea/??

PINE A64+ 1GB spec
Posted by: binsil09 - 02-17-2016, 06:38 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

on PINE website and kick-stater show that PINE A64+ 1GB have Gigabit Ethernet.
However, on Backerkit survey it show that PINE A64+ 1GB only have 10/100 Ethernet.
Please verify and confirm if PINE A64+ 1GB have Gigabit Ethernet or not

A64+ Board 1GB 

- 1.2 Ghz Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit Processor. Executes both 64 and 32 Bit for scalable high performance. 
- Dual I/O expansion slots
- Dual Core Mali 400 MP2 Graphics card
- 1GB Memory
- Integrated Display engine with HDMI 1.4 output up to 4K
- 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11BGN Wireless Module Port. (Module optional +$9.99)

SKU: PA641GB 
UPC: 765738739355 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cable for LCD
Posted by: sbentjies - 02-17-2016, 01:20 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (21)

I have ordered the 7" LCD with my board which lists a 4 Lane MIPI DSI Ribbon Port. What cable do I need to connect it to my board?

Thanks,

Add on Module on Survey
Posted by: cowell33 - 02-17-2016, 12:23 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

Hi

I had pledged the campaign ($29) plus 7 dollars shipping fee.
I got a survey email and go to the website.. I saw there is option (PINE64 Boards) which we can add Pine64 board.
My question is whether I need to choose/add the board, or not since I have a pledge (2gb board) already...
Again I just only need one board for now....

Is the survey only for add-on module only? So we do not need to add the board! The board will be come with the addition modules which I add...

Thanks.

-C

Ship to Multiple Addresses
Posted by: Bob123456789 - 02-17-2016, 10:39 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Hi.

Is it possible to have parts of my order shipped to different addresses?

Thanks.

Waterproof Case question(s)
Posted by: johnvan - 02-17-2016, 09:14 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (13)

Hi.  Does the aluminum case have room for the battery and touch screen as well, or does it just hold the board? 

Also, are there any specs for the waterproof case's dimensions, especially in terms of weight?  I didn't see any in the backerit store. 

I'm a writer/photographer that does a lot of work in wilderness locations.  Excited to get this and see what I can do with it in the Yukon this summer!

Thanks to the Pine team...and please try to ignore the haters!  This is literally the best kickstarter project I've seen in terms of notifications, flexibility and overall professionalism.

cheers,
johnvan

Question Regarding Wifi Modules to be used for Wifi Use Only
Posted by: Bob123456789 - 02-17-2016, 09:00 AM - Forum: Wifi/BT Module - Replies (6)

I have received my survey and have a question about the wifi modules.  There are two available:

1. Wifi + Bluetooth $9
  2. Wifi only $13
I don’t understand which is better for wifi only use (I don’t need Bluetooth).  Are there differences such as power and range?  I see that the wifi only module has the ability to add an external antennae which should give it more range.

Without knowing these difference it would make more sense to buy the lower cost one and get the added functionality of Bluetooth in case you need it in the future.