Switch found in the box
Found this switch in the bottom of the box, Shouldn't it be attached to the Pine ?

[Image: 2016_03_30_13_26_47.jpg]
Some of the backers didn't want the switch, some did, so they ship optional. You could probably snap it into place on the area for Power, pointed out in this image on the far right side: http://wiki.pine64.org/images/7/7d/Pine6...nector.png

If you can solder, i would definitely do that. If you can't solder, it may or may not work. The button is totally optional, if you want to unplug it everytime to turn it off, go ahead. I'm using the button though Smile
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
Yer I thought it was for one of those things, Just couldn't work out why it was just in the box Smile

Makes no difference though as I can't get an OS on it yet to need an on/off switch Smile
People hated the idea of a switch, so is optional to put it in.

TechieManny   Shy

Why wouldn't you want a switch Smile
(03-30-2016, 09:29 AM)montyflange Wrote: Why wouldn't you want a switch Smile

Exactly! It was understood that the switch would come once they got to $1M in kickstarter sales, at no additional cost! Some vendors online have special microusb cords that have switches inline, because many people wanted it for their SBC's.

I'd like to hear the story from someone who doesn't want the switch, i can't understand it but i'm open.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
I love the power switch idea just was a little disappointed that the next backer email said that some backers didn't like the ideas. I was like what! But I think they started the productions for it at the time.

TechieManny   Shy

Perhaps they wanted to connect a remote switch or a relay to automate the power on/off operation.
I received my pine the other day. 2gb version.

There was a little button floating loose in the box along with the pine board.

Did anyone else get the same thing?

If so, what should I do with it. I am assuming it is some sort of add on power button.

Thanks,
Adam
(04-03-2016, 02:10 PM)pine.adam Wrote: I received my pine the other day. 2gb version.

There was a little button floating loose in the box along with the pine board.

Did anyone else get the same thing?

If so, what should I do with it. I am assuming it is some sort of add on power button.

Thanks,
Adam

You have assumed correctly! Smile

Time to whip out that soldering iron...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Switch for Pine64 512MB Board MonarchOfLight 0 2,502 10-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: MonarchOfLight
  Script Not Found error using PhoenixCard Ghost 4 20,698 07-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Ghost