Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,534
» Latest member: DarciFoxe
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,347

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
1 hour ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 223
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Today, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,566
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
Yesterday, 09:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 483
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 88
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Views: 189
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 119
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 899
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 766
desktop and lockscreen
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 77
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,490

RemixOS is the only thing stable for me
Posted by: mantes - 06-29-2016, 03:21 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Hello,

Just wanted to start a thread about my experience with the PINE64. So far the only thing that is stable for me is RemixOS. When using Android and Linux my unit likes to crash. Specificially when messing with wireless and BT. On Linux I could only get the BT Manager to load once but then it crashed and wouldn't load anymore. With android once I connect to wifi it crashes and then boots to the same crash until I reload the OS on the micro SD. Using android I was able to get the touch screen and LCD that I got with the kickstarter package to work but being that Android is the only thing that you can load where the LCD works, makes it pretty much useless as when I use wifi it crashes. Running remix I connect a BT mouse and keyboard and connect a touchscreen via USB using the HDMI out. I was also able to use the power button that came with the kit. I installed it in the power slot, however it seemed like I only got it work once but it's not soldered so it may not properly be making the connection for it to work. I did have to hold the power button for a few seconds before it came on. Anywho, that's what's up.

Thanks
-Michael

Touch Screen monitor/module
Posted by: riahim - 06-29-2016, 02:00 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (4)

Hello. I'm looking to buy a touchscreen monitor/module for a project. However, the official 7in one in the store is too small.
My question basically is, would any type of touch screen monitor work or are there restrictions? 
Essentially I want to create a project similar to this but that monitor is quite outdated/hard to find.

DOA board?
Posted by: HellFire - 06-29-2016, 01:08 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

Got my board a few weeks ago and no matter what I do, I never get any video output.

I've tried each of these on multiple cards:
Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160415 [BETA], PhoenixCard image
Android 5.1.1 Image (HDMI Video Output) Release 20160505, PhoenixCard image
Ubuntu Linux Image [20160530] based on Longsleep work, build by
Pine64, written with Win32 Disk Imager

Each time I've left it for at least 20 minutes, and nothing.
I've also tried 3 different power adapters and USB cables. 5.2V/2A, 5V/2A and 5V/1.8A

Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Crashes when using a 4to External HDD
Posted by: fab4real - 06-29-2016, 01:03 PM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (15)

Hello, i'm using a PineA64+ with 2gb ram, with Android 5.1.

I tried to plug my Lacie 2d 4to External HDD (USB3 but support USB2).

i previously formatted it in Fat32 from DiskUtility on Mac.

But when i plug the external hdd, it's seen by the Pine a64 but after approximately 5 to 10 secondes, the mini computer crashes (automatically  reboot)

Did anyone succeed with pluging an external hdd, or a large external hdd ?

How can i find logs or something to resolve this issue ?

Any help appreciated ! 

Thanks

Enabling wifi
Posted by: c4tich - 06-29-2016, 10:50 AM - Forum: Wifi/BT Module - Replies (10)

I need help with enabling wifi. I connected the module and I made sure it was correctly connected, I'm using xubuntu xenial and ethernet works ok. Pine can't seem to be able to find any wireless signals. How do I configure the wifi module?

WiFi nano adapter EDIMAX
Posted by: chrissiles - 06-29-2016, 09:55 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (7)

Anyone knows if this WiFi adapter will work with the Pine64???, im still waiting for my board to arrive but i have successfully used this adapter on my RaspberryPi2 and other boards, i want to be ready when the Pineis here.

http://www.edimax.com/edimax/merchandise.../ew-7811un

Video encoding h.265/HEVC
Posted by: tomaThoma - 06-29-2016, 09:38 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

I have tvheadend running on a raspberry pi B+ which is automatically recording tv shows. But these need much space because they're mainly MPEG2 coded.
So my plan is to use another single board computer to transcode them to h.265/HEVC (using ffmpeg, from experience it's the most reliable programm).

My question is, if the Pine 64 is strong enough to do this task (video properties: 720x576, 25 fps MPEG-TS, audio isn't important and can be passed through. I'd use the x265 library with preset fast). It doesn't have to be real-time, 5-10 fps would be enough.
If there's no other choice h.264/AVC would also work, but I definetly prefer h.265. Does somebody have experiences or can try, what the Pine 64 can do?

Another 2GB board up and running
Posted by: junyo - 06-29-2016, 08:04 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Posting this as a data point for anyone still waiting on their Pine.

Received Saturday, unboxed and setup last night. The 2GB board was slated for Remix OS. The hardest part was getting a working image on the SD card; the links and documentation around that could be a lot clearer, but 50/50 my fault for not digging into the forum. Had to dig out a Windows machine to run PhoenixCard SW, then realized 90% of the way through there were card size specific DD images.

Went against protocol/common sense and plugged in all my peripherals on the first boot; wireless shield and air mouse dongle. Pine64 logo>pulsating Remix OS screen for 5 minutes>Desktop. Sync'd the C120 mouse/keyboard; keyboard worked, mouse functions did not. Plugged in a USB mouse and started seting up the OS. Wireless works and I connected to my main LAN; wireless speed was... not great. Play Store works, Youtube and Chrome need immediate updates. Switch the wireless to my office LAN, it's slower, but the signal is much stronger. At this point, about 30 minutes after that first boot, I'm up and running and everything but the mouse on the C120 is working, with no extraordinary effort on my part. Leave it to burn in overnight. 

This morning, running Netflix, Sling TV, Amazon Music with no issues. Watched a Youtube video on the C120, realized that the mouse function has an on/off switch, try that, mouse is working. The documentation with the mouse sparse and badly translated to the point of unlessness. Since i'm still waiting on the ABS cases, I'll either have to keep waiting or make my own to get this unit setup in it's final location. Will see how my luck holds out on my 1GB.

Overall, for a Kickstarter project, moderately happy so far. The obvious fulfillment issues, status communication and poor documentation are net negatives, but understandable growing pains. The hardware itself seems pretty solid for what it is, and at this stage - for me at least - is relatively plug and play. Thanks to all the people that got theirs before me and smoothed off a lot of the rough edges.

Question Where to report bugs on Ubuntu for PINE64
Posted by: Pander - 06-29-2016, 06:00 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (4)

Where is the best place to report bugs and feature requests for Ubuntu longsleep for PINE64?

Bug Map menu key to menu in XFCE
Posted by: Pander - 06-29-2016, 05:56 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (6)

When booting Ubuntu, the default terminal with CTRL+SHIT+F1 is too large for my screen. I cannot read the line I am typing on and miss also the beginning of the lines on the left side. This needs to be fixed, but as a safe fallback, I would like to use the terminal in XFCE.

However, with only two USB ports, many times I have the keyboard in one and a USB wifi dongle in the other. This prevents me from adding a mouse. The mouse I will only use to start a terminal in XFCE. To overcome this problem, please by default map the menu key on the keyboard to the menu action, that is the same as a right click with a mouse. Then with the keyboard I can select a terminal and do what I need to to.

I know this is for some a very specific case, but this mapping will make it so much more easy to work with the systems without the screen is fitted properly and a mouse is connected.