Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,534
» Latest member: DarciFoxe
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,347

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
1 hour ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 223
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Today, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,566
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
Yesterday, 09:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 483
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 88
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Views: 189
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 119
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 899
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 766
desktop and lockscreen
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 77
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,490

(ARCHIVED) Debian Mate (3.10.102 BSP)
Posted by: janeku - 06-30-2016, 09:53 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (15)

Hi,
I find some issues regarding this Debian version. When i click on upper right corner where connection information is, and after that i request connection information, it says error connection and there is no active connection. I tried to do snapshot of this situation and again there was an error saying PNG type is not supported and therefore it can not make any screenshots.
Also iceweasel started blocking when accessing You tube, just stood there and the only option is to do xkill.
All these things happened after installing last kernel.
At this moment i do apt-get upgrade in order to see if everything is ok.
Maybe these issues with kernel should be fixed as soon as possible.
last option is to re-burn original ime and trying not to upgrade latest kernel Smile
Longsleep, do you have any answer to this ?

Remix OS not working with projector
Posted by: MikeJewski - 06-30-2016, 09:09 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (1)

I attempted to connect my Pine running Remix to a projector, only for it to not work, and be met with a screen saying "frequency out of range". I found out that there are multiple reasons for this, but a possible one is if the refresh rate is set above 60Hz. Is it possible to see/change the refresh rate of Remix OS? The Debian image is working just fine.

Widescreen gaming in Google Play
Posted by: DwyerSP - 06-30-2016, 08:37 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello. I'm not terribly familiar with the Android OS, so please forgive my ignorance...

That said, I'm attempting to play a game I downloaded from the Google Play store, or whatever (Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius). It seems to work fine, but it seems it can only be played vertically. And since I have my Pine A64 plugged into a TV, this is a problem. Is there a relatively simple option to change the orientation on games, or am I stuck having to play this game with my head sideways?

Thanks, 
Sean 

Question PPS-GPIO
Posted by: Sebastian - 06-30-2016, 06:05 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (11)

Hello Forum,

i want to set up a stratum 1 server on the pine, with the Adafruit GPS-Board. On the Pi it's no problem, because i don't need to make big changes.

What I have done so far on pine:

Code:
$ git clone --depth 1 --single-branch -b pine64-hacks-1.2 https://github.com/longsleep/linux-pine64
$ curl -sSL https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image/raw/master/blobs/pine64.dts > linux-pine64/arch/arm64/boot/dts/sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dts
$ make menuconfig

The pps-part in the config looks like this:
Code:
#
# PPS support
#
CONFIG_PPS=m
CONFIG_PPS_DEBUG=y

#
# PPS clients support
#
CONFIG_PPS_CLIENT_KTIMER=m
CONFIG_PPS_CLIENT_LDISC=m
CONFIG_PPS_CLIENT_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_PPS_CLIENT_GPIO=m

#
# PPS generators support
#
After build dmesg shows:

Code:
# dmesg | grep pps
[   14.067625] pps_core: LinuxPPS API ver. 1 registered
[   14.092242] pps_core: Software ver. 5.3.6 - Copyright 2005-2007 Rodolfo Giometti <giometti@linux.it>

But where the pin is defined?
The pps-source is connected to Pin 18 on the board.
That's all what I have found:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation...s-gpio.txt
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/ta...?rev=44392

For me that sounds like rocket science. :/

Could somebody "take me by the hand" please, and tell me what is the next step?

(And please, excuse my bad english.)

Tracking Number?
Posted by: UrbanGecko - 06-30-2016, 05:31 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

Hi guys  Smile

I've been waiting patiently hoping to get some kind of news, however, haven't heard anything. I've also been checking kistarters comments daily reading "literally" every comment from about 353 or something like that, seen the good and the bad there, lately though so many people have been getting theirs, kind of making my burn even more for this thing.

Could you please let me know what the status of my order is? I'm backer number 15,785. I've also checked backerkit daily, or multiple times a day for the last couple of months, and nothing has updated there. I was part of the March tier.

Really dying to get this now.

Please let me know whats happening

Regards
Micah

Home Automation.
Posted by: MokaMx_GDL_DE - 06-30-2016, 01:48 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

Hello...

I would like to automate some things in my house.. 

I got the I2C POT Board with light and humidity sensor. so beginning with Humidity Reading to determine to open Windows or close them and with Light sensor Open or Close the Window Shadow.
Since Here where I live summer is dark upon 10 PM but in winter is Dark since 4 PM I want to be controlled by Light Sensor.

I have the Phillip Hue at Home and I can control it via SSH. I could control also the Light in the house. 

I got Ubuntu Mate to start and verify everything is working, and also Android works fine 

is there someone trying something like it?! i would like to share experience and not trying and re-invent the wheel.

Question OS Updates/Progress
Posted by: InCognito - 06-30-2016, 01:22 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (17)

There does not seem to be anywhere to check for updates on progress being made to bug fixes or future releases for the Android OS. It just feels like the Pine was released and that was it, no further progress needed. Could we perhaps get some form of newsletter or post for possible future updates and releases for all OS's not just Android? I enjoy my Pine a lot but with no update in over 3 months it looks like there is not much going for it. Sad

How to get control of GPIO pins from Remix?
Posted by: gbjensen - 06-30-2016, 12:03 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

I would like to make a very small app or script to Android / Remix.

It shall set a GPIO pin high for 0.5 to 1 second and the low again.

Why? I would like to reset the HP_Jack connector status and thereby be able to use the audio output without doing the unplug-plug manual sequence after power up. (with a relay or analog sw. will I shortly connect pin 3 and 4 at the jack connector.)

A manual short circuit of pin 3 and 4 (and release again) activates the audio output af the HP_JACK connector.

So:

• How do I get started making a simple app or script to android?
  • How do I get control of the GPIO pins from android?

XFS Support?
Posted by: utdrmac - 06-29-2016, 04:55 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

I can see a commit to enable XFS as a module but I cannot find the module.

Code:
root@pine3:/var/log/ceph# find /lib/ -name "*xfs*" -print | wc -l

root@pine3:/var/log/ceph# modprobe xfs
modprobe: FATAL: Module xfs not found in directory /lib/modules/3.10.102-0-pine64-longsleep

Is there some other way to install XFS support?

Thanks @longsleep for your continued hard work!

Question Plugging in the Camera into CSI
Posted by: BigBear59 - 06-29-2016, 03:40 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

I just got my "PINE A64+ Board 2GB" & the "Himax 5 Megapixel Camera Module".
Does anyone have instructions on how to open the CSI connector and inserting the flat cable?
or just a pic of installed camera.

Thanks