Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,533
» Latest member: Araong
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,346

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
10 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,565
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
Yesterday, 09:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 482
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 86
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 188
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 118
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 897
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 766
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,488
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,674

Question Show pine logos when booting
Posted by: Pander - 06-29-2016, 05:50 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

The Raspberry Pi shows in Raspbian its logo for each CPU core. Booting PINE64 shows four Linux logo's. Can these be replaced by PINE64 logo's?

Question Driver usb wifi dongle 8192eu
Posted by: Pander - 06-29-2016, 05:47 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (8)

Can the kernel be bumped to a version that supports the driver for usb wifi dongle 8192eu?

Pine64 $15 card killed my $120 keyboard
Posted by: exa - 06-29-2016, 05:45 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (22)

I plugged my keyboard on the board and it wasn't working, I plugged it back on my computer and it doesn't work anymore I tried to reboot and to uninstall the driver but even on the computer start it didn't work , I tried on my mac too...
I now have a dead K70, never had any issue with the pi but the pine killed it...   Angry

HP_JACK not activated at power-up
Posted by: gbjensen - 06-29-2016, 02:38 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (5)

I can't get any output signal at the I2S output, hope my bug report will fix this.
But until this is solved would I like to use the HP_Jack for audio output.  

The output do only work if the connector is inserted after power-up. if the jack plug is inserted before power up, will the output not be activated. I have tested it with Remix and android.

At the schematic is there a note2: Mount R100 3.3K This resistor is a very small 0402 resistor (less and 1*2mm)
I can't see where is it should be located at the PCB. 

Do anyone know if this issue will be solved if R100 is mounted (if not mounted already)?

May 27 shipment not recieved
Posted by: lruzx - 06-29-2016, 02:22 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

I have not yet recieved my KS reward after getting notification it was shipped last month. Any updates?

backer # 6203

ABS cases - shipped or not ?
Posted by: janeku - 06-28-2016, 10:26 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

I received couple of days ago PINE64 package but inside there wasn't any ABS or Acrylic case ( i ordered ABS, but TL Lim asked me if i want acrylic one instead of ABS, and I confirmed).

On a envelope it says ABSCASE, bla, bla... but inside nothing.

I think these last shipments supposed to be with cases or I have to wait for additional package with ABS case ?

Regards.

got 2 track number shipment ?
Posted by: reopucino - 06-28-2016, 09:32 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Helo,
at 21 June 2016, i got email that say, my order has been shipped with tracking number RI902619153CN, and after that at 23 June 2016 i got email again say same with different tracking number RI902862229CN

and after wait a one week (27 june 2016) finally i got my order but after i check that only 1 PINE in my packet (1 PINE+ with 1GB ram), so i hope that other shipment its my other pine(PINE+ 2GB RAM). So, i want to ask, it's anyone here have same issue with me?

Thanks

Shipment sent back by USPS for incomplete address
Posted by: Uga_boy - 06-28-2016, 06:41 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

I had 2 orders placed on the same day, May 7,  one for a case and wifi module and a second for the motherboard. Somehow, the order for the motherboard had an incomplete street address tied  to it where the case and module was correctly addressed. End result, i got my case and module, no motherboard. I checked the tracking number on USPS and they have it listed as returned to sender on June 23. Order number 8161344. The address in my user profile on the site is correct but for whatever reason the ship to address was just the house number, no street name. Anyway i can get some help please?  Sad

I sent an email to sales@pine64.com earlier that had the tracking number and a description of the issue earlier. If i should send that to another address let me know. 

Thanks

Zoom-in within Remix?
Posted by: Bluphire - 06-28-2016, 05:31 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (1)

Does anybody know how to zoom-in while using Remix? I've tried the setting under the Experimental tab within Settings, but no dice. I've enabled large font, but it does not change the font size within Chrome, specifically within the comment section on TPB.

Matt

Welcome home, Pine64 board!
Posted by: JulianM - 06-28-2016, 12:42 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (11)

Hi together!

I received today a developer board (sponsored by TL Lim, thanks a lot!) with 1 GB RAM.

[Image: r3svi2eujq.jpg]

The first what I did was nothing like installing an OS to my microSD cards...
No, it was a much more important thing! Building a case! And not just a simple case...

I build a case with Lego!
Here is my result:

[Image: zaszw.jpg] [Image: bksbf.jpg]

[Image: zfsrw.jpg] [Image: wkskm.jpg]

And yes, I've installed a little fan in the house Big Grin
I don't know, if it's really needed, but I installed it, because I don't need it for other things.
I had to drill 4 little holes for the screws and that was it.

The fan has to be installed on GPIO 4 & GPIO 6 (5 Volt fan).

[Image: 8isih.jpg]

Ok, enough pictures from my Lego case.

I have installed... Oh, wait!
The installation of operating systems with PhoenixCard is really, REALLY strange.
This little programm seems to be buggy as hell.

I needed several tries to install the operating systems to my microSD cards.
Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Like old confused grandparents.

I was able to install Android and RemixOS yet.
- Android 5.1.1 on my Hama 8 GB class 10 microSD card.
- RemixOS on my Samsung Evo+ 64 GB class 10 microSD card.

Both systems needed a reboot after their first boot up. The systems were much faster after the reboot!

RemixOS needed ~15 minutes for the first boot on my Samsung Evo+ 64 GB class 10 microSD card.

You'll see the following pictures during the 15 minutes:

[Image: s7sjf.jpg] [Image: 4nsri.jpg]

If you see nothing (like "no signal) you or PhoenixCard did something wrong.

Android is running pretty smooth with 1 GB RAM.
RemixOS not, but that is absolutely ok, because Pine64 has announced, that you need 2 GB RAM model for RemixOS!
So, RemixOS is running fine with 1 GB. Not pretty/incredible fast, but fine.

I didn't test Android as much as RemixOS. So, I can't tell you much about the Android image.
But RemixOS is a really great system!
I have to learn something new about this Android fork.

There exist a few design bugs (like full screen permissions view in play store and the permissions are just listed on the top left), but the system runs perfectly after the first reboot.

I installed Telegram and Keepass2Android.
- Telegram works good, but has a black background in each conversation and the tablet view seems to be doesn't work (you see just your conversations or the conversation directly).
- Keepass2Android works also on it. It's a little buggy with a hardware keyboard and the software keyboard. Maybe I found solutions for different bugs with Keepass2Android.

The Rii i8 keyboard (Amazon link, no affiliate!) works also great with Android and RemixOS!
You have just to setup the correct input language (qwerty / qwertz) and you can start typing without problems!

Btw: I used the official Raspberry Pi power supply with 5V / 2A.

I'm waiting actually for my 2 other Pine64 boards (each with 2 GB RAM and some accessoires), because it hangs in the duty/post office and they needed some information.
I hope I'll get my order within the next 1-2 weeks.

Please let me know your feedback about my post Big Grin

Best regards
Julian