Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,153
» Latest member: keensolution
» Forum threads: 15,698
» Forum posts: 114,618

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Anyone else having CPU ha...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: 98cwitr
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
No wIfI after Mobian upda...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: 98cwitr
2 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,193
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 04:21 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 94
Android ( Stock or TV ver...
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: Blackheat45
Yesterday, 02:49 PM
» Views: 6,374
Android Images (ROCK64)
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: Blackheat45
Yesterday, 02:40 PM
» Replies: 74
» Views: 169,386
Where to find spare parts...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: mdk
Yesterday, 02:12 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 60
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
Yesterday, 03:08 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2,636
link for supported pineph...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: Eugo
Yesterday, 03:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 303
power button not working
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: Vista8720
05-07-2024, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 36
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: traut
05-07-2024, 08:53 AM
» Views: 170

How well will this UI work for desktop?
Posted by: jcun4128 - 01-23-2021, 02:49 AM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Looking at the demo videos/docs/guide it seems like this is mainly intended to be used for mobile.

If I wanted to use it while docked/as if it was i3-wm how far will I get? Will I need to do stuff like use xrandr to show/position the external monitor?

I did figure out how to properly flash the images onto the SD card so it actually boots/isn't skipped.

But I figured I'd ask before I got into it.

Thanks for any thoughts.

edit: Oh and I was curious about the idle RAM usage. Mobian is surprisingly not as bad as I thought eg. I saw a number just over 500MB. Is Sxmo significantly lower than that? I got a 170MB figure nice.

Protonmail in geary
Posted by: r7s3TgmyQv2R3z - 01-23-2021, 02:02 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hello,

I'm trying to add my protonmail account in the geary but so far without success.
Running the latest version of Debian:

Was one already able to do the following:
- run a protonbridge client
- add a protonmail account in geary (or any other mail app) using the config from the protonbridge

Or
- running a mail client with a protonmail account and bypassing the protonbridge

Looking forward to get this running!

Thank you

Br

Information No ~/.config directory
Posted by: MungFuSensei - 01-22-2021, 11:24 PM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I just installed sxmo on my new pinephone and it appears that there is no ~/.config directory. Thus, there is no hooks, so I can't receive incoming calls. I can't seem to find said hooks directory on the git page. I was able to see that I am successfully getting the call by running modemmonitor.sh (or whatever it's called) via ssh, but again, the phone doesn't do anything when the call is incoming. 

Anyone know where I can get these files?

Is the PinePhone only Pine-device with hardware switches?
Posted by: harrm - 01-22-2021, 11:07 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

Hello,

I tried to do some comparison between various Pine-devices available, (a comparison chart between all the Pine-doohickeys would be cool) and search the forums but I ended up with an impression that the PinePhone is the only device with hardware switches?

Does Pine64 has any plans to implement those to other devices? Say laptop or tab / anything with camera/microphone/etc would warrant having at least some of those handy switches alone.

Which config file contains the APN specification field?
Posted by: Harambest - 01-22-2021, 09:06 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Settings > Cellular Networks > SIM Cards

• data populated
  • phone is able to make and receive calls
  • phone is able to send and receive texts
Settings > Cellular Networks > Access Points
  • blank screen
  • no input field
Plasma v5.20.80

I'm not seeing any matches on -i apn under /etc.

What would be the right Pinephone OS for me? (mainly from Ubuntu background dev)
Posted by: jcun4128 - 01-22-2021, 08:00 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (7)

I was expecting to be able to just do stuff like sudo apt install htop etc... but that did not happen.

At this time I still haven't figured out what is the equivalent thing of apt for KDE Plasma Mobile eg. is it yum/pacman/etc...

I did see there is Ubports... I might try that. I'm coming from web development side I was intending to use VS Code for example and run Node locally but maybe I completely misunderstood what this phone can do right now? I think VS Code can run on ARM.

I also noticed the dock doesn't charge my phone. I'm still trying to get video output from the dock to an external hdmi monitor, was looking at some threads.

I think I will have to get an SD card/try different OS's that way.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. At this time I'm more interested in the dock-computing aspect than an actual phone eg. sms.

Nav buttons and status drawer no longer visible (KDE Community Edition)
Posted by: heatsink - 01-22-2021, 07:43 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (6)

Hello all.

I just received my PinePhone and I'm mostly impressed with it so far. I have run into a very early snag, and I'm not sure how to correct it. After going into the Discover app and having it update to the most recent set of packages, I find myself without nav buttons along the bottom or the status drawer at the top. As a result applications go full screen and I cannot exit or navigate away from them without plugging in a keyboard.

The time, battery, and wifi status are visible on the lock screen, but I gather now that is a separate application.

Has anyone else seen this? If you have, is there a way to correct it or do I need to start looking into how to reload the OS entirely?

Thanks!

Not getting to 21v with Anker PowerPort Atom III
Posted by: Timpanogos Slim - 01-22-2021, 07:29 PM - Forum: Pinecil Hardware and Accessories - Replies (5)

Out of curiosity, i plugged my Pinecil into my Anker model A2322 60w USB-C PD brick with a 2M USB-C charging cable that was sure advertised as being capable of 60W PD, and says so on it, whatever that is worth. I bought these for my Pinebook Pro originally. Plugged the brick into my kill-a-watt power meter. 

The display shows 15v on it, and the KAW shows it drawing 28W. Just to see if it was holding back unless/until it needed the juice i put the tip inside a spare "V6" style 3d printer printhead heatsink and held it in front of a fan. It struggled and continued to just get 15v. 

Is this a bad cable maybe, or perhaps this is a firmware issue? This pinecil is from the 2nd production run, just received today.

DTMF tones not sending
Posted by: hiimtye - 01-22-2021, 06:24 PM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - Replies (3)

tried to login to my voicemail but couldnt send dial tones so i had to log in using my landline

also the menu is noticeably smaller than the main menu for in call and some others, but its especially noticeable while i try to dial with my construction worker hands in the short timeout for the vm prompt

Pinecil rattle?
Posted by: Timpanogos Slim - 01-22-2021, 02:58 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (2)

Just received my pinecil from the 2nd production run, and something is loose inside it? 

It's not just the buttons - if i hold both of them down and shake it, i can still hear something moving around inside it.

Couldn't resist. Exploratory surgery suggests that the only thing that could possibly be loose is the outer contact ring in the DC barrel, which is perfectly fine because it's a spring.