Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,157
» Latest member: sarah
» Forum threads: 15,699
» Forum posts: 114,625

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
New PineTab2
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: frtodd
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 55
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: alaraajavamma
6 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 130
Anyone else having CPU ha...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 01:27 PM
» Views: 72
No wIfI after Mobian upda...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: 98cwitr
Yesterday, 06:45 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,221
Android ( Stock or TV ver...
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: Blackheat45
05-09-2024, 02:49 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 6,386
Android Images (ROCK64)
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: Blackheat45
05-09-2024, 02:40 PM
» Replies: 74
» Views: 169,702
Where to find spare parts...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: mdk
05-09-2024, 02:12 PM
» Views: 75
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
05-09-2024, 03:08 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2,672
link for supported pineph...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: Eugo
05-09-2024, 03:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 309
power button not working
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: Vista8720
05-07-2024, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 43

Trackpad Adjustments for Xorg
Posted by: ReleaseTheGeese - 01-24-2021, 12:10 PM - Forum: BSD on Pinebook Pro - Replies (3)

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully adjusted the trackpad acceleration? The pointer moves a bit too slow for my liking.

A command exists for the synclient on Linux: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Pinebook_Pr...d_settings. But that's a different driver on a different OS, of course.

A quick look at sysctl didn't bring up anything that looked to do with the trackpad.

I'd appreciate any help.

Regards,
RTG.

Question Manjaro arm + sway - battery indicator broken
Posted by: mfashby - 01-24-2021, 10:02 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (6)

Hi!

I have a pinebook pro, and I'm running manjaro ARM with sway window manager and it's great Big Grin

...except the latest update broke the battery indicator, and I've no idea how to fix it. It now shows 100% all the time, occasionally flipping to 0% now and then.

Sway seems to use WayBar for the status indicators, and I found the manual for that here: https://github.com/Alexays/Waybar/wiki/Module:-Battery. This seems to indicate it uses the values in /sys/class/power_supply/cw2015-battery/ to read the battery level. Doing that myself seems to give me a sensible looking answer (laptop has been on for a couple of hours)

[martin@martin-pinebook ~]$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/cw2015-battery/capacity

Is anyone else experiencing the same? anyone know how to fix it..?

Downgrading waybar fixed it, and it looks like someone already opened a bug report.
https://github.com/Alexays/Waybar/issues/966

Pinephone = Linux-only smartphone?
Posted by: kuleszdl - 01-24-2021, 06:57 AM - Forum: General - Replies (6)

Hi,

I find advertising the Pinephone as "Linux-only" on the main website a bit irritating. I mean. it's a relatively open device and capable of running any systems that get ported to it. And it is supported by SailfishOS, Android to some degree as well. Suggestion: Change it to "Linux-first".

Can't access MicroSD
Posted by: kvndy - 01-23-2021, 10:50 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

I can't access any MicroSD inserted into my KDE-Plasma Community Edition PinePhone. I'm not trying to boot off them, I just want to access them as storage. I've tried two cards, a 64G and 128G. Both were formatted as ext4 from my laptop. They do not appear in the results of `lsblk` from the terminal in my PinePhone. I've also tried booting from a Mobian install but that seems futile if I can't access an SD card as storage. Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Cards are inserted in the upper slot.

Batch #2 - DOA Pinecil?
Posted by: emc2cube - 01-23-2021, 09:50 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (2)

While I opened a ticket to get an official answer to this issue, I'm also posting here in case there is a quick fix / known issue.

I received today my Pinecil from the 2nd batch. When plugging it to any power source (tried a few PD USB-C, and 12V DC barrel, or from the computer) the screen either stays black, or for about 1 out of 3 plugging events I'm getting a "random dots" pattern

[Image: SVb67iG.jpg]

Reading around in the forum / wiki:
- I updated the firmware to the most recent one (following http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12803 as the MASS_ERASE error was present for me too)
Same issue after successful update. Pinecil is detected in DFU mode as you would expect.
- I can also confirm that this device is making an annoying rattling noise http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12859 that seem to be coming from the DC barrel / USB-C side of the device. Opening it up did not reveal anything loose there, but confirmed the location of the noise. Not sure if normal (but slightly annoying to say the least) and unlikely to be linked to my issue as both DC barel or USB-C powering seems to result in random dots pattern.

I will update that topic when I'm hearing some news from the ticket, but hopefully someone else got the same issue and have a fix for it.

Replacement Power Cord recommendation?
Posted by: nathanielwheeler - 01-23-2021, 04:15 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (3)

A few months ago, I dropped my Pinebook Pro.  Not from very high, about desk level.  The system continued operating as normal, but I found that the power cord had snapped.  I have tried ordering replacements based on the specs of the DC cord listed on the website, but none of the replacements have fit in.

Does anyone have any power cord replacement recommendations?  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Notes on PostmarketOS
Posted by: wd5gnr - 01-23-2021, 03:48 PM - Forum: PineTab Software - Replies (1)

Finally got tired of trying to fix the autorotate on Arch, so I decided to go with PostmarketOS. Installed Jumpdrive on an SDCARD and mounted it on my Linux box. Got a strange error the first time I ran pmbootstrap -- but not sure why. Running it again seemed to fix. There were error messages about qemu-arm64-static.  

However, once I got past that I got locked into a death spiral where it tried to set up my password but it had not set up my user. I went into the chroot and edited /etc/passwd to add my ID as user 1000 (this was a mistake). This let me get through setup.

However, all was not well. I couldn't get KDE to start. Turns out my home directory wasn't set up for user 1000 but 10000. So a quick reboot into Jumpdrive to edit that did wonders. I also added a group 10000 with the same ID and added myself to /etc/sudoers because I was locked out of root otherwise.

That did the trick. All works well but no autorotate. However, manual rotation works fine. The Vivaldi arm64 build does not work Sad But otherwise seems good and also seems snappier than arch did. Network ok, sound ok, touchscreen ok. Did have to unmute and twiddle the mouse settings for sanity, but nothing major.

Using sway along phosh
Posted by: fdlamotte - 01-23-2021, 02:55 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

As a sway user on desktop, I've been trying to use it on my pinephone. One of the shortcomings is that on mobian, most of the phone related functions are (well) integrated into phosh and I didn't want to loose that. 

Sway use on the pinephone is mostly interesting in docked mode or when a keyboard is plugged in ...

I've identified 3 ways to achieve sway integration 

1 - run sway on a tty
 2 - run sway inside phosh
 3 - replace phoc with sway as phosh compositor

1 is trivial, you switch to a tty (Ctrl+Alt+F1 on the keyboard), log in and launch sway. It works well but is not really integrated. For instance, when you receive a call you need to switch to phosh terminal, and so I quickly abandoned this solution

3 seems to need some work and might not be feasible due to the way phoc and phosh seems to be tight together through D-Bus things ...

2 has always had my preference, and I didn't know why it never worked when I tried it, since as sway can be used as a wayland client, it should be as easy as typing sway in a terminal. Today I gave it another try and figured out what was wrong. Before launching phoc it restricts WLR_BACKENDS to drm and libinput. And sway was using this variable. So to run sway this way all you have to do is type WLR_BACKENDS=wayland sway ... and it magically works.

Then to use it fullscreen I associated toggle-fullscreen command to Alt+F11

There are still some issues, one is that sway don't get the good keys from the squeekboard that runs in phosh. But this way, you can keep a full desktop in a corner, pop it up when connected to a screen or just to a keyboard, and I find this quite interesting ...

Hope it will be of some help to some of you

Regards,
--
FdL

Yet another Epic Pine Store fail
Posted by: KNERD - 01-23-2021, 11:35 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (41)

I ordered a PinePhone replacement LCD screen which is only $30 USD
The person/persons who shipped up put the total declared value of $65. Te $65 USD included the cost of $35 for shipping via DHL
The problem with this is where I had it shipped, they charge a tax plus collection fees of anything over $50.
They wanted fees of nearly totally the the shipping and price for the LCD.

You people need to get your crap together. I rejected the packed. I submitted a ticket for them to send another with the CORRECT declared value.

Hopefully this won't turn into a PayPal dispute like I have seen in many other threads.

Hall Sensor
Posted by: schuschu - 01-23-2021, 08:59 AM - Forum: Pinecil Hardware and Accessories - Replies (4)

Hi,

Since the schematic kindly tells me that the hall sensor is not populated I was wondering if it was sufficient to just solder one on the board (since the firmware apparently anyway checks via i2c if its presenet) or are the caps also omitted?

Best,
schuschu