Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,113
» Latest member: joe1
» Forum threads: 15,682
» Forum posts: 114,552

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
4 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 39
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
7 hours ago
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1,925
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
Yesterday, 05:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
04-26-2024, 09:22 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 54
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
04-26-2024, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 84
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,232
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
04-26-2024, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 138
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
04-26-2024, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,119
AI posts
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,022

Random crash + network loss
Posted by: r7s3TgmyQv2R3z - 01-21-2021, 02:28 AM - Forum: SailfishOS on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hello,

The following situation is occurring on SF 3.4.0.24

First of all after some minutes of inactivity, the wifi network is lost and can only be enabled again by turning wifi off and on.

I get quite often a crash of the OS when I put the phone away for a couple of minutes.
=> When trying to unlock the phone, the phone doesn't react anymore (sometimes the led is blue/green but not red).
It can only be solved by a hard power off and then a normal boot.

Anyone knows what the issue might be or how to solve it?

Thanks.

Br

Dead PinePhone 64 - does not power on at all
Posted by: thatent - 01-21-2021, 12:36 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (9)

I have used my PinePhone Pine64 Manjaro Community Edition for four days. I was having an awesome time with it, trying out different distros and UIs. Everything worked beautifully at first and I'm well impressed with the current status of usability of the phone.

Now, the phone is dead - absolutely dead: no LED action, no screen (not even backlight), nothing happens anymore.

How it started:
The problem started when I had the phone running Mobian+Phosh.

I had it docked on USB keyboard/mouse, HDMI and power (although the battery did not really seem to charge, it was losing charge %).
I had updated some packages and installed some new ones.
In the terminal I gave the command: sudo reboot.
At this point the charge on the battery was probably down to a single digit (5% maybe?)
I left it in the dock.

The phone started to reboot and even power on again. On the external monitor, a very hazy version of the Mobian logo appeared (so it started to boot).

Then all went black and the phone has been dead since.

Current situation
Nothing works.
I tried the reset pin, multiple times for over 15 seconds. Removed and replaced the battery a couple of times. Held the power button multiple times for over 10/15secs.

There is no indication that anything at all is still going on in the phone.

I left the phone charging overnight (the whole night), and still no luck this morning.

The only thing that is still happening is that the phone draws power (when I connect it, I can hear coil whine starting on my cheap charging station, and when I connect it to my power bank it shows dots indicating something is sucking power from it - both charging methods were used without any issues during the first four days).

I am at a complete loss as to what's going on and I don't know what to do next... it would be a real shame if this was it and the device is now dead.

I hope anyone can help. If you have any suggestions as to what I could try or do next, please let me know!

Cheers.

Rainbow PinePhone WIFI: PineCone user installable?
Posted by: PineUser-1337331 - 01-20-2021, 02:28 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (2)

Hey folks,
I hope you are all healthy and well.
Since the wifi on the pinephone requires non-free drivers (realtek iirc), I obviously would rather wait for the version with the pinecone included.
But since I am impatient and want to start developing apps (and get rid of my android), I am wondering:
can I, once it has reached usability, change the wifi card? I couldn't find out how the wifi card is connected to the mainboard.
I don't have any skill in soldering, so that's out of the question.

Thank you all for your time!

pinebook.kde.org.uk no longer has release file??
Posted by: supermassive - 01-20-2021, 06:28 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - Replies (1)

E: The repository 'http://pinebook.kde.org.uk bionic Release' no longer has a Release file.

I got this error when I've tried to update repository.
When I access to http://pinebook.kde.org.uk there is No file.
What should I do?

Purchase without VAT for EU-VAT-ID holders
Posted by: LaF0rge - 01-20-2021, 05:38 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

Every few months I try again I am tempted to buy a Pine product like the PinePhone, but I am unable to buy it compliant to the EU VAT legislation.

Whenever an address in the EU is specified, automatically VAT is added to the order. 

However, VAT *only* incurs for purchases made by indiividuals, or by businesses that do not have an EU-VAT-ID.

For all other businesses (from freelancers to large corporations) inside the EU, VAT does not apply, and the "reverse charge" mechanism is applied.

These are standard rules of taxation all across the EU, and they have been like this for decades.  Yet, the Pine shop does not allow me to order in compliance with those rules.

I would like to have either one of the following two options:

1. to order directly from a non-EU country, using INCOTERMS DAP (Delivered At Place).  This way the payment of duties and VAT is the responsibility of the recipient, and not the sender. I can take care of the EU import handling myself (which I am doing almost every day for incoming shipments).  I am a registered importer with customs ID (EORI number) - or
  2. to order via the existing process (which seems to be DDP via a freight forwarder in Poland?), where i am able to specify my EU-VAT-ID during the checkout process, so that the order will be shipped under the normal "reverse charge" rule that applies to VAT inside the EU for decades.

Back plate.
Posted by: jbloodwo - 01-19-2021, 08:01 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (2)

I know I saw this in the past.... I would love to be able to order replacement back covers with the different logos from the special editions. Even though i ordered the KDE edition, I m thinking I may land on mobian and would love to have the @ on my phone without dropping another 150.

Sad Others can't hear me when I call
Posted by: BalMolagmer - 01-19-2021, 04:03 PM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I didn't change anything. Mid-call suddenly no one can hear me anymore. It's done that a few times before but rebooting or toggling modem off and on fixed it, but not anymore. Huh

I've tried maxing all the volume under Audio, I've tried pressing all the different options mid-call, I've tried updating, nothing. At best I can be heard for a few seconds. The other lines say they can hear when I push buttons (speakerphone, tones, linejack, etc) but nothing from me.  Sad

Question Order not possible to Austria
Posted by: harry75 - 01-19-2021, 02:28 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (4)

Hello Pine-Team !

Unfortunately I cannot place an order.

I get the following error message from store:
There are no shipping options available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help.

I've played with a lot of variations, but without success. In the past I had already ordered 2 times on same address. 

Thanks for your support!
Harald

Midnight Commander on Mobian
Posted by: rp3 - 01-19-2021, 05:43 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share my experiences with trying Midnight Commander on Mobian:
(It is a terminal-based twin pane filemanager)

I installed it from Kings Cross by:

sudo apt install mc

I then ran it from Kings Cross by typing:

mc

it seemed to run fairly well, and also worked with touch input.
It has many functions built-in, such as an editor, working with permissions and file-ownership etc.

(Note: It also seemed to add 2 new icons to the desktop, which did not seem to do anything?)

Some tricks I have found useful are:

It seems to be able to be run from sudo for special reasons, perhaps to delete files owned by root etc.
Choosing to  zoom in/out from the terminal it is running in can make more room on the screen to see filename etc.
choosing to display the twin panes one on top of the other instead of side by side is helpful for reading long filenames (I was able to change it via a menu option)
Sometimes the phone needs to be changed to landscape mode for a few seconds to see an option.
Pressing F10 should exit the program, and return to the terminal.
(F10 should be accessible from the on screen keyboard, by pressing second key from left at bottom, then enabling "terminal" mode, then pressing the second key from right at bottom (marked   >_  ).

Hope this is interesting to someone! -regards.

speaker replace and no screen
Posted by: mascarade01 - 01-18-2021, 08:06 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (2)

Hi eveyone!

I recently replace my loudspeaker for my pinephone postmarketos.
I use the Nokia N91.
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#S...ne64_store

When i start the phone, i see the green light showing up (12 secondes) and the screen doesn't display.
If i press the power button the black of the screen come more "light" and i press again to get it back to "dark" black.
No *tic* from the hardware when it boot. (like when starting the camera apps)
I can hold the power button to shutdown..

Can someone have any idea what i can do next?

Thank!