Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,030
» Latest member: oiyounutter
» Forum threads: 15,650
» Forum posts: 114,403

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
5 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 996
irradium (based on crux l...
Forum: Linux on Quartz64
Last Post: mara
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
PinePhone only turns on s...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: zvavybir
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 79
Reboot ending with INFINI...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: plainsman
03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
» Views: 43
Forum: Linux on RockPro64
03-25-2024, 12:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 339
signal for pinefon
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pavlos1
03-25-2024, 09:25 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 127
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1,512
PinePhone Pro Explorer's ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: zetabeta
03-24-2024, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 819
Forum: Linux on Rock64
03-24-2024, 01:07 PM
» Views: 49
Maskrom: How to tell what...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: Pavlos1
03-24-2024, 12:18 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 282

Other Payment options? & I'll buy used PinePhone 3/32 any distro
Posted by: 503d - 01-13-2021, 06:18 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hi,

since I only have known about PinePhone, I said - I must have it.
However I can't use PayPal for some key reasons, then I read Pine shipping policy, terms of use and I feel stuck...
Believe me, I searched for companies that may buy it for me in my country.
I'm watching my local market but it's invariably empty.
Now I try to go through this forum threads with "for sale" word.

Hence, I'd like to propose to integrate other payment system like adyen that supports regular remittance.
Of course I understand that it's not easy as it's said, there's a lot of other priority work and other limitations.
I just want to signalize to team that it might be a some kind of problem for others like me that can't use PayPal
e.g. young people (PayPal is allowed since 18) or paranoid people (PayPal terms are unclear).

If you are in Poland (where I'm currently forced to stay for longer) and you want to sell your used PinePhone 3/32 any distribution, also contact me.
I just need flawlessly working hardware and bootloader. 

Thanks to Pine team for developing great hardware!
Thanks to Linux people for developing safe, customizable, OSes!

Cheers
503d

4G not working properly
Posted by: Calamity - 01-13-2021, 05:02 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (2)

I own a UBPort CE PinePhone and using 2 sd card one with Mobian and one with PostmarketOS, both same issue.
With 4G activated i can't make or receive any calls but mobile data works fine. I can send SMS, but to receive them it take very long time or i have to reboot the phone.
3G is working fine instead.
My carrier is Vodafone.

Possible fix for lousy standby battery life?
Posted by: bitnick - 01-13-2021, 01:03 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (5)

I've had wildly varying results regarding how long the battery will last with the phone on standby, sometimes lasting a day + a night lying idle with a bit of battery to spare, sometimes dying within a few hours after being fully charged.

Recently I went to Software -> the "three horisontal bars" button -> Update preferences and disabled Automatic updates and Automatic Update Notifications. Since then, the phone has consistently lasted for 24+ hours on standby after a full charge.

I'm not sure exactly what these settings does - the phone still tells me there are updates available now and then (and starts flashing the blue led) - and besides, Software Updates have been broken on my phone for awhile anyway, so I can't really say if there is any missing functionality.

Just wanted to share this possible solution to the lousy standby time, since it can be a real problem! Please share your results if you try it!

Will Mobian Run On Rock64?
Posted by: Porcupine - 01-13-2021, 10:33 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (1)

I am awaiting the arrival of my PinePhone.  In the meantime I would like to explore the Mobian OS.  Will Mobian run on Rock64?

Pinebook 14 " Battery Swollen/Bulged
Posted by: billjon - 01-12-2021, 09:36 PM - Forum: Pinebook Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

My Pinebook 14" Laptop device case burst apart from 5 screws which attached the bottom to the keyboard top portion.  The faulty swollen battery broke apart both of the monitor's hinges along with its plastic screw-holes.  So the monitor is also separated from the base. 

The full device repair is not financially worth it.

My laptop was received in June 2017 and was recharged less than 100 times.

I believe the Pinebook 14" Laptop model is no longer available and is probably discontinued.

I charged the device to about 90% before I went to bed at night on Monday January 11th and the next day in the afternoon, I noticed the bulged laptop case separated and cracked from its seams. I did not smell any fumes nor did I feel any heat from the laptop as I put it away the night before.  

I am not sure if this subject has come up in another thread as my searches under the search function indicates zero threads.

E-Note Device (E-Ink, E-Paper, Project Idea)
Posted by: Sirius - 01-12-2021, 07:17 PM - Forum: General - Replies (9)

Dear All,

I was just curious if you might consider also working on an e-note device in the future. More recently I have observed an increasing amount of e-ink note taking devices like the reMarkable, Ratta Supernote, Onyx Boox Note Air, Quaderno, Quirklogic Papyr, Sony DPT-RP1 etc. Those devices are great because they consume less electricity (more environmentally friendly) and are a great substitute for paper, especially in education. Unfortunately, however, most of these devices (those 13'' displays) seem very expensive and are not that easily accessible (which might be important especially for students, that seem to be the ones most in need for these devices).

Therefore, I would like to ask you if you have thought about this as one possible project to be worth working on. If not, do you know of any project that is currently working on an open hardware e-note project? One of the main advantages of such an open source e-note might be that you could insert your own sd-card as done in the following example with the reMarkable:
http://www.davisr.me/projects/remarkable-microsd/

He has also worked on a free OS for the reMarkable:
http://www.davisr.me/projects/parabola-rm/
[/url]

I am very grateful for any comments on this!

All the best,
Sirius
[url=http://www.davisr.me/projects/parabola-rm/]

Audio Stops Working
Posted by: Shane - 01-12-2021, 07:04 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Any music or podcast I play from any player (including Podcast app) cuts out every 10 - 15 seconds.

Most players just give up on the first cut out.

SMPlayer will keep trying. It cuts out and then skips back a second and then keeps playing until the next cut out.

I discovered that if I connect Bluetooth that Bluetooth will disconnect along with the first cut out.

I had previously started a thread about Bluetooth issues, but I deleted it because I think this is closer to the problem I am having.

I also noticed that Lollypop says:

gst-plugins-good ext/pulse/pulsesink.c
gst_pulseringbuffer_commit()
/gstplaybin:player/gstplaysink:playsink/playsink/GSTBi.... 

No issues with calls.

Geary crashes during start after recent update
Posted by: p1trson - 01-12-2021, 04:39 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hello folks,

I was so happy how nicely is geary working in mobian.

Did today apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, and since then geary fails to start. the error is

Code:
*[wrn] 23:31:27.0612 geary:application-certificate-manager.vala:74: No GCR slot URIs found, GCR certificate pinning unavailable
![crt] 23:31:28.0963 GLib:Did not see expected message GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_weak_unref: couldn't find weak ref *
*[wrn] 23:31:28.0963 GLib-GObject:invalid (NULL) pointer instance
Trace/breakpoint trap

I consider this pretty important, since it was the only client so far working nicely and being really usable.

Attached is the relevant par of dpkg.log

Any idea? How to at least restore it.

Attached Files
.log   todays_upgrade_dpkg.log (Size: 106.74 KB / Downloads: 259)

Sudden Pinebook Pro boot problems
Posted by: ndp - 01-12-2021, 11:40 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (3)

My Pinebook Pro has suddenly developed boot problems.

I have Danielt's Debian installed on emmc and it was working fine until today.

Now when I press or hold the power button nothing happens.

If I insert a MicroSD card with a distro installed on it and press/hold the power button the following happens:

1. I get a red light

2. Next I get a green light and the PBP boots the image installed on the emmc rather than the image on the MicroSD card.

Any Ideas on how I can fix it so I can:

1.boot from emmc without the presence of a MicroSD card.

2. boot from SDcard when one is installed.

eMMC 128gb
Posted by: flailingeffort - 01-12-2021, 09:28 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (1)

Looks like the 128gb eMMC does not list compatibility with the RockPro64. Any reason that it can't be used, or are there known issues with it?