Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,087
» Latest member: saifuroptimizer
» Forum threads: 15,672
» Forum posts: 114,509

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Slarm64 on PinePhone [Uno...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: donchurch
6 hours ago
» Replies: 35
» Views: 24,469
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: conifera
Yesterday, 04:58 PM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 1,770
Install Tow-Boot on the S...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials
Last Post: alchemist
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 7,975
Help needed to understand...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pelecanus
Yesterday, 07:59 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 56
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
04-18-2024, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
After upgrade on 08.03.24...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: Corkonian
04-18-2024, 01:22 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 620
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Gooberpatrol66
04-17-2024, 10:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 56
GloDroid (Android-14)
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: GaryM
04-17-2024, 08:39 AM
» Views: 104
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
04-17-2024, 07:50 AM
» Views: 37
Pinebook Pro Initial Impr...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 443
» Views: 585,292

New vibration motor not working
Posted by: Zebulon Walton - 01-15-2021, 06:33 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (5)

I posted about this in the Debian on Pinephone board a little while back, since I use Mobian, looking for a vibration mtor test command but since it's more of a hardware issue maybe someone else will know something about it...

Back when I replaced my cracked screen I managed to damage the vibration motor on the USB-C side board by prying it up in the wrong place and breaking it apart.

I recently bought a replacement USB board with vibrator and installed it but still am not getting the confirming vibration when turning the phone on etc. Is there a command or program in any of the Pinephone distributions that can be used to manually test the vibration motor to see if it can work at all? (Charging is working through the USB port so I know the board is connected.)

No bmp and stepcounter :(
Posted by: Martin87 - 01-15-2021, 03:31 AM - Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime - Replies (14)

Hi

yesterday I got my three PineTime's. Installed was the firmware 0.7.1. I connected it to Gadgetbridge and the PT got the time.
So far so good Smile

The problem is that bmp and the stepcounter not work.
I updated to 0.10 but it do not help.

Have I to activate something?

Have anyone an idea?

M.

Flip phone, low power, long battery life
Posted by: vandys - 01-14-2021, 08:37 PM - Forum: General - Replies (8)

Hi!  I have a Pinetab, RockPro64, and Pinephone.  Love them all.

The Pinephone is big, and burns hard on its battery (even w. CRUST).  Please consider a flip phone with a battery-sipping processor (MAX32660, STM32L151C6, etc.) very modest RAM/flash, lightweight screen (like Nokia 8110).  Still open source, but probably not Linux--certainly not Phosh or friends!  But capable of running for days, or weeks, or months.  Thin software stack, maybe based on ChiBIOS or such?

You already have one commenter here looking for a sub-Smarthphone.  This is my take on the idea!

TIA

Article: Mynewt GPIO ported to PineCone BL602 RISC-V Board
Posted by: lupyuen - 01-14-2021, 05:31 PM - Forum: General - No Replies

Here's how we ported the BL602 RISC-V Hardware Abstraction Layer to Apache Mynewt on PineCone ... Starting with GPIO

Mynewt GPIO ported to PineCone BL602 RISC-V Board

Manjaro img doesn't survive most recent updates
Posted by: tophneal - 01-14-2021, 01:47 PM - Forum: PineTab Software - No Replies

Shamefully, it's been months since I've booted my PineTab. However, I opted to change that last night. Unfortunately, all my SD installs (Arch, Manjaro, and Sailfish) refused to boot. Sad

I got Arch resolved (wrote latest img to SD and updated.) Sailfish I'll come back to (with questions.) Which brings me to Manjaro. I wanted to post here to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Once i flash an SD with the Manjaro PineTab dev img, I can get pacman to update the keyrings, but after that I hit an inevitable "crash-and-burn."

After the keyrings are updated, pacman checks for and finds the latest updates from Manjaro's repo. I know there's been plenty of changes since the img was originally released, so I tend to run them in a tty. However, it never survives the full upgrade. Each time I attempt the upgrades through tty (~3 and counting) right around the update of the kernel (to 5.10) the tab is cutting off. Screen and backlight keyboard go off, until I hold the power button. Obviously, when it comes on and does what one might expect after an incomplete kernel upgrade: nothing.

I just got my PBP dock, so I'm going to yank this SD out and try to chroot and fix it from the Manjaro install there. (I'm not done yet!) Got it mounted, but pacman reports there's nothing to do. Guess that wasn't it. crap. Trying again with a fresh install of the img, just after first boot. It updating everything successfully through chroot, but now the tab refuses to boot from the SD with Manjaro on it.

Before I raise flags over on Manjaro's forums, I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else has experienced an issue like this.

System keeps turning modem off -2 part issue?
Posted by: KNERD - 01-14-2021, 01:32 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (1)

SO I have the Manjaro community version, and I have updated, but the modem keeps getting turned off by the OS. I say OS because I also am trying out UBPorts on an SD card, and not having this issue.

Upon boot up, the modem is up and connected to the carrier then within a minute is shutdown.

It seems the OS has ON/OFF switches to turn things on and off. The inside area will turn blue while in the ON position, and turn the background color of the screen when in the OFF position.

Checking the power settings, I see the ability to turn off modem, WiFi, and Bluetooth are all turned to the ON position in which I interpret to mean while in the ON position, the system can can turn those off. However, when going to the OFF position, those devices will be shut down. So now I am confused about that.

Any ideas what is going on?

pinebook pro refinement/improvements?
Posted by: derzahl - 01-14-2021, 09:47 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (7)

Has there been any upgrades or improvements to the pinebook pro in the last year?  I really like the idea so I bought one in 2019.  The build quality wasnt great (bezel around the lcd was uneven and bubbled up separating from the lcd in parts) and after opening up the bottom the speakers were just laying there, nothing holding them into place.  The bottom cover did also not fit properly and had to be forced pretty roughly for it to lay flat in one corner so all the screws could be put back in.

So I ended up selling it.  Figured Id wait until they hopefully worked out the kinks and then get an ANSI version.  The other big thing i really disliked was the touchpad. poor accuracy, hard to click... Can someone give me a status update since in the last 12 months?  Thanks!

Anyone know how to start a terminal at current dir with Nemo?
Posted by: rp3 - 01-14-2021, 05:40 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hi, I'm just using the default filemanager included with mobian, and I often would want to quickly start a terminal in the folder I am currently in.

I can find some options which should work, but no luck so far. I have enabled an icon on the taskbar of nemo which should start a terminal, but nothing happens.

In browsing the web, I found reference to this in regard to enabling a terminal in nemo, but I don't know how it would apply to mobian:
gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.default-applications.terminal exec <terminal-name>

I also found reference to "nemo-terminal", but I don't know how to install it (or if I should).

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards to all!

Pebble Smartwatch (inc source code)
Posted by: biketool - 01-14-2021, 04:39 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

For many smartwatch users the Pebble is still the grail wearable device.
Maebble on the N900 and perhaps other Maemo devices brought intergration to the last great Linux phone before Pinephone.
Maebble provides basic integration of SMS, time/date, and music control to the N900, but that is really all I need from a smartwatch which works on it's own as a great watch with useful timers, compass, alarms, and health monitor watch apps as well as fun/useful watchfaces even when not connected and lasts a week to a charge, that epaper display is great unless your device has the screen tearing issue occasionaly and you need to replace the zebra strip.

here is the maemo garage page for Maebble, it is just some python2 and bash scripts and some conf files
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maebble/

it is based on libpebble
https://github.com/Hexxeh/libpebble
https://github.com/pebble/libpebble2

probably only needs tweaks on where to get notification and how to send back/forward/pause/volume/ for system music control

If function can be translated from dialler for pebble and gadgetbridge apps(both FOSS) we could have a full featured pebble(and other watches) suite on the Pinephone.
sources(android)
https://github.com/matejdro/PebbleDialer-Android
https://codeberg.org/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/

I realize that right now basic function for a full daily driver stable buils with basic functionality as a phone comes first; but I want the links available in the forum all together for the future.

What Pine Phone Operating System For A Daily Driver?
Posted by: K_Research - 01-13-2021, 09:17 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (45)

Hello just checking in I need to find a distro for my Pine Phone that is working so I can make a daily driver out of it, my requirements right now is to make calls and use texting and a functional camera for pictures I can live without taking videos.

1. Phone working make receive calls
2. Texting
3. Camera

Be nice to have mp3 player and a video player.

Suggestions ? I need a daily driver as my current phone will no longer work at the end of February so its either get my Pine Phone working or buy a De-Googled Android.

Thanks in advance.