Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,112
» Latest member: Kozmo2k4
» Forum threads: 15,682
» Forum posts: 114,549

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 09:22 PM
» Views: 25
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 09:21 PM
» Views: 18
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 44
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 74
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,226
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 136
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,107
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:40 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,886
AI posts
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,002

JingOS
Posted by: Computer semi-expert - 01-18-2021, 07:44 PM - Forum: PineTab Software - Replies (6)

Check out this beautiful-looking distro: https://www.jingos.com It looks like it would be a good candidate for the PineTab.

The site says that JingOS will be available starting January 31st. It will be available in an x86 build from the get-go, plus they apparently intend to build their own ARM tablet.

Read Jason Evanghelo's article on JingOS here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasone...-os-sure-looks-like-it-was-designed-by-apple/

HamPi.
Posted by: jbloodwo - 01-18-2021, 07:34 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

So I have never relally done anything with ansabile how difficult should it be to “fork” hampi over for use on the pinebook pro? I was thinking it might be a fun project.

< and > as characters in C?
Posted by: ab1jx - 01-18-2021, 06:16 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (4)

I was trying to write a filter to locate some things in HTML and I was quite surprised by this.  If I do strstr() to search for <label> it's not found, but grep or search in the mc file viewer can find it.
I even tried putting them in as ASCII codes: snprintf(lbl,20,"%clabel%c",0x3c,0x3e); and it doesn't find them in the HTML.  If I look at the HTML in hex mode of mc's file viewer they seem to be normal ASCII, not unicode.

This is nothing specific to a PBP except that I'm using gcc under Daniel Thompson's Bullseye on one.  I tried escaping them by putting a \ in front of each one, that doesn't work.  I'm pretty sure I've searched for HTML tags in C years ago, I don't remember this strangeness.

Kdenlive or other video editing software?
Posted by: ImmyChan - 01-18-2021, 04:24 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

I'm tempted to get a PineBook Pro once the new batch goes up for sale and I'm curious, can the PineBook Pro do some light video editing? I'll be coming over from a ThinkPad X220 and on that machine I'd sometimes do some light editing, stuff like putting a few video clips together and maybe adding some light effects all while using proxy clips in Kdenlive. Is the Pinebook Pro capable of doing that? If not it's not a deal breaker I'm just curious

SIM Card Install
Posted by: pineme - 01-18-2021, 04:23 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (4)

Hello, I have a ATT nano sim card and have the micro adapter. I have tried several times to insert the sim card into my PinePhone 64 with no success. I have searched online to see if there is something I am doing wrong.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

OpenSuse for ROCKPro64: testimage
Posted by: hemertje - 01-18-2021, 01:35 PM - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - Replies (2)

OpenSuse for ROCKPro64: testimage

Hi all,

Guillaume Gardet (OpenSuse) created an Tumbleweed test image for our RockPro64, have a look here:

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:ROCKPro64-RK3399

Be Aware, This image has not been tested yet
Try and use for your own risk

Please test and share your comments here so we can have an OpenSuse image...  Smile

Cheap way to secure back - elastic band?!
Posted by: andystratton - 01-18-2021, 06:08 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTime - Replies (4)

Hello Everyone
  Here's a couple of pictures of how a strong elastic band can hold the back in place on your wrist - and when you put the watch on charge, you can slip the band round the charger (not shown) - though the back tends to remain the charger when you take the watch off charge.

Hope this helps - Andy

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XTN8tDkLirKYUPnz8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/frVnhw9DwigeRB5r9

Modem Firmware: update manually or wait?
Posted by: sfb - 01-18-2021, 04:01 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

Hi there, I don't think this is really a mobian issue, nevertheless: We were told the other day that linux is running on the modem and that this will facilitate firmware upgrades. Now I wonder: Would I still need to upgrade as described here https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11815
or has this method become obsolete and I'd rather wait for a proper firmware?

The answer might be somewhere but I didn't find it? Anyone else knows?

RSS feed doesn't seem to care about sfeedrc
Posted by: hiimtye - 01-17-2021, 08:29 PM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I was looking for a podcast app and then I realized that there's an RSS script by default, so I went ahead and made an sfeedrc by copying the existing one. I edited it to contain only the ones I was interested in, and added my own. when I run the RSS script, it tells me the status of each of the feeds from my sfeedrc, but when it comes time to show the list of feeds, it's the list of feeds from the default sfeedrc. I'm dumbfounded by this. the feeds are downloaded into ~/.sfeed/feeds and I made sure that the old entries from the original run of the script were removed so it's only my feeds listed.

power button opens, but doesn't close svkbd
Posted by: hiimtye - 01-17-2021, 08:28 PM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - Replies (5)

using the power button to pop out svkbd works, but pressing it again results in a second instance of svkbd opening. I suspect this is due to switching to svkbd-mobile-intl instead of the sxmo version, but I'm not positive. it just happens to correlate to when it was switched over.

further, the instance of svkbd that is started at boot to log in is owned by root, and requires sudo to kill it.