Fancy new CPUs
So, will PINE devices of the future be able to run Crysis?!

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/04/14...hromebook/
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
Highly doubtful. Nvidia chips are very locked down and proprietary. Their stuff doesn't work without proprietary drivers. Kinda goes against what pine & this community is trying to accomplish. Unless nvidia did a complete 180 and started opening up their designs and drivers I don't see this happening. Now if there was some kind of mobile chip from AMD that could be used where drivers are all built into the Linux kernel that could be promising.
choroot,
I have wrestled with Nvidia CPUs on regular X86 and x64 Linux and I agree, it's not an ideal situation. That could improve but it would take a lot of hours of labor to port that over to arm64 most likely.

I was at least half-kidding when I typed that, but your reply is helpful in case people start thinking they might be able to build decent gaming machines out of a PINE SBC. Maybe one day, but it would be a big change. I can run a few games on my PineBook Pro, I think freedroid and maybe dink smallwood, both fine games that have been the same for many years. Of course, there are a lot of emulator options, but I bought an RG350M for doing that and it's pretty solid. Will likely do a retro game build on one of my PINE devices just to have something connected to my TV or perhaps the 32" monitor I have with a VESA mount.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs