Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,497
» Latest member: Skinjewells
» Forum threads: 15,841
» Forum posts: 115,293

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
6 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,099
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
8 hours ago
» Replies: 30
» Views: 6,221
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,273
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,136
PineTime charging issues ...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: gsoundsgood
Yesterday, 02:59 PM
» Views: 154
Could not initialize Open...
09-14-2024, 12:06 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,744
How boot Alpine Linux
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-14-2024, 09:36 AM
» Views: 139
Pinebook Pro Recovery wit...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials
Last Post: bds
09-13-2024, 07:01 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 871
PinePhone doesn't boot an...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: lapin
09-13-2024, 10:09 AM
» Views: 197
Registering via protonmai...
Forum: General
Last Post: fishingtested
09-13-2024, 09:24 AM
» Views: 114

Light Assembly Require?
Posted by: hienhuynh1982 - 12-29-2015, 08:21 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello,
I want to back the project with the reward "The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen". But I don't know what does "Light Assembly Require" mean ? Please explain it to me, will I need to buy another tool/hardware for it?
Regards,
Huu Hien

Linux accelerated graphics
Posted by: nomadewolf - 12-29-2015, 08:07 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Will we have linux accelerated graphics on this board?
Is this something that is planned?
Will i be able to view FullHD videos on youtube flawlessly using linux or will i be limited to the Android build for this?

Cheers.

UEFI for PINE A64
Posted by: matwey - 12-29-2015, 12:05 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (15)

Hello,

It is unclear from the site. Is UEFI boot supported on the board?

Steam OS?
Posted by: Silvervox325 - 12-29-2015, 10:44 AM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - Replies (10)

Does anyone know if the Steam OS (Linux-based) will run on the Pine?  

I'm hoping to build a tiny, cheap Steam Machine that can run platformers, old RPGs, etc. Any thoughts?

Can you?
Posted by: poolhayes2000 - 12-28-2015, 07:51 PM - Forum: DC Power In - Replies (3)

I'm trying to get to a stage where I can use all my peripherals with all my boards (not that I've used any yet) so as not to duplicate and have unnecessary parts lying around doing nothing, so my question is:

Can I use my Raspberry PI Power unit to power the Pine 64?
Also I will order the Camera and Screen, will these also work with the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks
Graham

USB HDD Power
Posted by: eender - 12-27-2015, 06:06 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (5)

Hey Guys,

I just wondered if i want to attach a external usb HDD to the PINE64 do i need a powered usb hub or not ?

Because the HDD i own, only got one usb cable and no power supply

Inexpensive USB Microphone Option
Posted by: Ron Piggott - 12-25-2015, 11:47 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (4)

Hi Everyone

I've found this inexpensive USB microphone and headset

I won't know if this is compatible until I receive my 'Pine 64'.  I wanted to share this to encourage those who need a microphone there are inexpensive options for those who are willing to wait a few weeks for a shipment coming from China. 

Ron

Android Image and Linux BSP Available for download
Posted by: khgoh - 12-25-2015, 06:12 PM - Forum: News - Replies (3)

Hi,
We have posted the latest Android Image and Linux BSP for Pine A64 board in our Wiki at link listed below,

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Pa...e_Download

You are welcome to download and check it out.

Regards.

revision board
Posted by: hazerty - 12-25-2015, 12:38 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (8)

I would like to know what is the revision board will be sold to backers?

and if we can to know the evolution between the board, Rev A/B/C or upper if exist..?

thank you

Pine64 will be supported by HypriotOS (a Debian Jessie based OS for running Docker)
Posted by: Quintus23M - 12-25-2015, 05:39 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

Hi,

as soon as I get my pledged PINE A64+ board, we'll build a new version of HypriotOS to run on it.

HypriotOS is based upon the latest Debian Jessie and is build as a ready-to-run Linux distribution and includes the complete Docker Tools pre-installed. One of our main goals is it, that the users can download a complete OS Image and flash it to a SD card image or into the device and can instantly start using it. Until now we support the Raspberry Pi family, but plan to extend to more 32- and 64-bit boards soon. http://blog.hypriot.com

As I understand, PINE A64 is currently only supporting a 3.10 kernel (maybe a 3.18 or 4.x kernel later in 2016). That's not a real concern as I have already Docker running on other 3.10 kernels on ARM64 boards.

So, if anybody wants to get HypriotOS for the PINE A64, please send us your feedback on our Gitter channel https://gitter.im/hypriot/talk or tweet at @HypriotTweets your thoughts and ideas on this project.

And it would be great to get a direct contact and support from the PINE A64 team, this could speed up things for development for sure.

Dieter
@Quintus23M