Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,504
» Latest member: davidparker
» Forum threads: 15,842
» Forum posts: 115,299

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
Today, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 31
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
Today, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 847
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
Today, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 596
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,144
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,280
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-16-2024, 04:57 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 6,272
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Views: 1,297
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,142
PineTime charging issues ...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: gsoundsgood
09-15-2024, 02:59 PM
» Views: 174
Could not initialize Open...
09-14-2024, 12:06 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,800

Is there any module for GPS and 4G LTE ?
Posted by: chathudan - 01-06-2016, 05:06 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

Are there any supported module for GPS and 4G LTE ?

Windows 10 IOT
Posted by: Sirjaz - 01-05-2016, 08:37 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (26)

Is there any plans to support windows 10 IOT?

External DAC
Posted by: kresten_ - 01-03-2016, 11:18 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (178)

Hello Pine64 forums

Once we have a proper linux version running, i would love to see an external I2S DAC (like hifi-berry)

Should be quite cheap to make - possibly via kickstarter so NRE costs of PCB making/assembly can be shared amoung many users.

If people are interested I'm willing to help with/do most of the hardware design.

What do ppl think ?

Regards

Minimal 64bit ARM RootFS for Debian and Ubuntu
Posted by: umiddelb - 01-03-2016, 01:58 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (46)

Hi,

I've prepared two tar archives containing a minimal 64bit ARM root filesystem for Debian Jessie (login: debian, passwd: 111111) and Ubuntu Trusty (login ubuntu, passwd: 111111). You can find the scripts for creating the root filesystems and some additional information about the tar archives here. Once the kernel image / modules and the boot loader are available for the PINE64, I'll try to build a complete image.

Cheers
Uli

Custom fees
Posted by: drag00n - 01-02-2016, 05:10 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (10)

Hi,

I would like to know what is going to happen about custom fees. I (amongst other good things) ordered A64+ because on the Kickstarter page I read:

Quote:Global Logistics

We are working with highly experienced logistic partners to help us mitigate any issues that may arise with our fulfillment. If shipping issues come up, their expert knowledge will help us navigate through difficulties and help us get PINE64 into your hands. We will be fulfilling from multiple distribution warehouses to reach global coverage and currently plan to ship to every country in the world. TL's previous company Syabas Technologies behind the Popcorn Hour media box has shipped more than half a million units globally.

From this single phrase
Quote:We will be fulfilling from multiple distribution warehouses to reach global coverage and currently plan to ship to every country in the world

I understood it was being sent from several warehouses, and it included one or more in Europe to avoid custom fees to people inside EU.

Please, be clear about it, because customs can be a very expensive add to my cart... Is Europe going to have at least one warehouse or we must be ready to face that problem?

Best Regards,
drag00n

Linux Distro Support
Posted by: beard - 01-02-2016, 07:01 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (20)

Hello,

I was curious on Debian support.
I currently have a stable build running.
Was wondering if you'd be able to support either;
ARM64, ARMEL, ARMHF?

If you need images to try I've got a few stock ones, and some modified ones like the image below.

[Image: c66ucRh.png]

~ B

Kodi
Posted by: Iona - 01-01-2016, 11:04 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (18)

Will Kodi run on the Pine64 ?
it is clearly annouced, but all messages from kodi,osmc and openelec dev's says the same thing : we won"t do anything with Allwinner hardware

Quote:When AllWinner wish to play ball with the open source community, they will get much better vendor support. I don't see that changing for a while though, with recent moves from AllWinner going as far as renaming symbols in ffmpeg.

Without modern kernel support and good open source support, we would not be able to deliver the experience that people have come to expect from OSMC on this new piece of hardware
Quote:forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192817 

It uses Allwinner chipset which is poorly supported by xbmc and there is no hardware acceleration. 
Pretty sure it will never be supported by OpenELEC.

Questions about GPIO
Posted by: igna09 - 12-31-2015, 04:31 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (11)

Hi,
will we able to use gpio ports via web pages stored in a web server running on the pine A64+?

Different ways to control Pine.
Posted by: jfox815 - 12-31-2015, 12:29 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (4)

Just trying to list all the options for controlling Pine. 

Hardware
USB Keyboard/Mouse
IR receiver
HDMI-CEC
etc.

Software
IP control? - I know that Kodi can be controlled this way but will the "built in" media player that I've heard Pine mention be able to be controlled through ip control?

Thanks.

Hardware pins
Posted by: Tremoneck - 12-30-2015, 02:54 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (8)

Hi,
how will we be able to access all the different Pins on Linux and will we be able to access the different Hardware interfaces in Android?