Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,474
» Latest member: sallytrees
» Forum threads: 15,831
» Forum posts: 115,247

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Serial Output Garbage aft...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: foresto
2 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,404
OS Options for Pinetab2
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
10 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 98
PinePhone's LED is blinki...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: zvavybir
Yesterday, 02:39 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
Could Someone Give Advice...
Forum: General
Last Post: WilliamThompson
09-05-2024, 09:42 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 172
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: WilliamThompson
09-05-2024, 09:40 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3,313
PineTime charging issues ...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: tllim
09-05-2024, 10:53 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 75
Office applications for t...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: Peter Gamma
09-05-2024, 09:22 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 198
3 days in, slow/stuck or ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: lgmpbp2
09-05-2024, 08:49 AM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 2,339
Pinecil on Amazon?
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Jeb
09-05-2024, 08:23 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,276
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
09-05-2024, 08:07 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,073

Kali Linux
Posted by: monmoonmooonmoooon - 12-16-2015, 04:03 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (17)

Hey guys,

I have a few questions, I already ask them by PM in Kickstarter, but since I dont receive yet the answer I will ask it here.

1 - Will Pine64+ run Kali Linux? I know they have a ARM version, but since ARM64 is new, will you guys talk with them?
2 - Will exist a version with 4GB Ram? I am asking this because for Kali, more ram is better
3 - Will the box with Pine64+ bring a charger?

Thanks in advance

Driver support
Posted by: fredhdx - 12-15-2015, 04:58 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi, just curious how well are the drives for PINE? I plan to use it either as smart TV station/game station/external drive wifi server. Therefore the driver support is extremely important. The hardware looks pretty good. Who is going to be responsible for developing the drivers?

And just a comment on price: with all necessary components added up can I guess the system overall will add to near 200+?

cheers

RAM size: 1 GB or 2 GB?
Posted by: null - 12-15-2015, 04:28 PM - Forum: System Memory - Replies (3)

I want to buy the Pine A64+ model but I don't know if I should get the model with 1 GB or 2 GB RAM.

I'm new to single board computers, despite I have quite good experience with microcontrollers and also with PC programming (Java and C/C++), so the feeling I'm getting is that maybe sometime I'll need more than 1 GB of RAM and if one day I run a custom application with 4K support that would consume a lot of RAM and leave just a few RAM space for other thing running on the board.

So, is 1 GB of RAM enough? Tell some examples of projects that would consume more than 1 GB of RAM if you can.

Skype and Hangouts
Posted by: DynamoBen - 12-15-2015, 02:08 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (19)

Curious if Skype and/or Hangouts might work with this SBC. It appears to have enough horsepower to run both. Thoughts?

USB Controller
Posted by: Iona - 12-14-2015, 04:01 AM - Forum: USB 2.0 Ports - Replies (11)

Dear all Wink

How many USB Controller have the Pine64 ?
The two USB 2 port are shared in the same controller or not ?

Cases and Enclosure Question
Posted by: jj@pine64 - 12-13-2015, 11:14 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (67)

A lot of you have asked regarding cases and enclosure information. 

a series of 2-3 case designs will be available in January for free download of the STL design files if you choose to print it yourself. 
however, cases will be available purchase as well after the Kickstarter end. 
You'll be able to add it on when we send the final survey. 

Thanks.

camera port details?
Posted by: gourmand007 - 12-13-2015, 05:21 PM - Forum: Camera Module - Replies (6)

Wondering which camera interface is brought out --MIPI or parallel? 

What are the connector's technical details? Any chance you could post the schematics?

Thanks!

Retropie
Posted by: rogerba - 12-13-2015, 10:10 AM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - Replies (22)

So I'm guessing that throwing my SD card with retropie and games all loaded onto it, isn't really going to work? I'm still super excited and looking forward to getting my board I pledged for! And more than excited to see how this emulation station turns out! 
I would be a contributing factor in this if I actually knew what I was doing but my experience is so limited, it's pathetic, and usually end up googling for hours just to find what single line of code I have to change to get what I want working.

Question Game Controllers
Posted by: samandiriel - 12-13-2015, 04:31 AM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - Replies (25)

This might be more appropos for the hardware thread, but here it is anyway: what game controllers would work best with the PINE? Either on Linux, or Android.
I know that I've tried several controllers with various flavours of Linux and Android, and not been overly thrilled at the results out of the box.

LVDS support
Posted by: Flood_of_SYNs - 12-12-2015, 10:00 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (2)

I saw on the pine64 wiki that the block diagram for the CPU/SOC shows LVDS 1366x768 as a display option.
I am interesting in using that interface, is it accessible on one of the headers?
[Image: A64_Block_Diagram.png]