Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,526
» Latest member: Garesdq1d
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
1 hour ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 31
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
Yesterday, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 736
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 62
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 38
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,316
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,643
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 144
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,440
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 152
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85

Question Pine64, Ubuntu Xenial, ownCloud
Posted by: jean_bruder - 04-28-2016, 01:36 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (5)

Dear Pine64 users,

My fresh installed Pine64 is running Ubuntu Xenial after some strange crashes when trying to do a system upgrade : I had to made all the update using the serial console ... Now, everything is working fine, except ... ownCloud !

Apache2 is installed with PHP7/MySQL. A simple PHP file displaying the phpinfo() informations works fine.

Now ownCLoud 9 is installed and properly configured, according to the online owncloud installation manual. The setup seems to run fine (using the MyDSL DB), but the system become unresponsive on both the SSH remote console and the serial console when the owncloud pages starts to get displayed. No way to get any debug messages.

How can the system get debugged in order to try to understand what happens ?

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Jean

Pine as a Pi-hole ... Does that make it a PineHole?
Posted by: tomd - 04-28-2016, 01:23 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (13)

Just a quick writeup on how I got Pi-Hole running on a Pine A64 512MB.  I am by no means a professional or expert, just know enough to really mess things up!  If I screwed anything up or am doing anything the hard way, please don't hesitate to correct me!

What is Pi-hole?
pi-hole - A black hole for Internet advertisements (designed for Raspberry Pi)
https://pi-hole.net/

Install Ubuntu following damikeh's How To

Boot it up, personally I would suggest changing the default password and possibly adding another account, and changing the hostname but that's just my personal preference.

Update the repos and check for upgrades by running

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Then I installed my preferred CLI txt editor (nano) though any should work.  While we are at it, going to install PHP which we will need for Pi-hole Web Interface

Code:
sudo apt-get install nano php7.0-cgi php7.0-fpm

This may prompt you asking if you want to continue, respond with Y for yes.

Now we need to setup out network with a static IP address.  I'm using the built in ethernet and am setting my IP to 192.168.1.240 and my router is located at 192.168.1.1 and we will use Googles DNS servers
Code:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0

By default this will probably look something like
Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

But we want it to me more like (changing any values as needed for your local network)
Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.240
gateway 192.168.1.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.1.0
broadcast 192.168.1.255
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

Now we need to restart the network so changes take effect, this should be able to be done without restarting the board itself, but none of the usual ways seem to be working for me so we can just reboot the board
Code:
sudo reboot

Now once we login we can check and make sure out network settings are working by running ifconfig
Code:
tomd@marvin2:~$ ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 36:c9:e3:f1:b8:05
         inet addr:192.168.1.240  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
         inet6 addr: fe80::34c9:e3ff:fef1:b805/64 Scope:Link
         UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
         RX packets:20537 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
         TX packets:19598 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
         collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
         RX bytes:6151787 (6.1 MB)  TX bytes:3605516 (3.6 MB)
         Interrupt:114

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
         inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
         inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
         UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
         RX packets:264 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
         TX packets:264 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
         collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
         RX bytes:19785 (19.7 KB)  TX bytes:19785 (19.7 KB)

If all went well, our inet addr should now match our desire static IP!

Now getting Pi-hole on the rest of the way is easy!
Code:
curl -L install.pi-hole.net | bash

It will take a few as it downloads and installs necessary packages, it will get made that PHP5 packages aren't available but we already install PHP7 so it seems to work for me! 
Just follow all the prompts, I left the network interface stuff alone since we already configured that and once the installer finishes, it should be ready to go!

Next you'll need to change the DNS server your computer or device is using to the IP you set for your Pi-hole (192.168.1.240 for me).

Then to access the Web Control Interface, point your browser to

http://192.168.1.240/admin/index.php

You should get a page similar to mine

[Image: pinehole.jpg]

Let me know if this helps anybody out!  If you have problems, I'll do my best to help troubleshoot but am no means an expert on this!

Aerb Wireless Air Mouse/Keyboard
Posted by: RAGE Sonix - 04-28-2016, 01:00 PM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (1)

Received Aerb Wireless Keyboard airmouse these in the mail.

Works flawless for Pine64 running Kodi TV.

Only downside, can only program the 4 colored buttons and the power button. Overall, very happy.

http://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Wireless-Keyb...B00K768DHY

HDMI->DVI Works "solution"
Posted by: Luke - 04-28-2016, 11:51 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

So I managed to get HDMI->DVI working today after a lengthy conversation with Baryluk yesterday night. I have previously experienced a problem where colour black would be displayed as pink on my monitor using a HDMI->DVI connection. This happened over a cable that had a HDMI connector on one end and a DVI on the other.  Today I bough a converter that plugs in on the end of a regular HDMI cable and I am no longer experiencing the problem with colour black being correctly displayed. For those of you in the UK/ EU - this is the converter I got: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Genuine...+converter

I've seen some posts about this on here so I figured its worth sharing.

Information No idea what your Pine is doing? Serial console!
Posted by: hyperlogos - 04-28-2016, 11:30 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

Short, short form:

• Connect the GND wire to Pin 6 or 9 of the EXP connector.
  • Connect the RX wire to Pin 7 of the EXP connector.
  • Connect the TX wire to Pin 8 of the EXP connector.
  • Connect to the COM port at 115,200 bps.
I used a CH340G USB to serial which I bought for talking to ESP-01 ESP8266 boards. You can use basically any USB to TTL Serial. I used PuTTY to talk to the serial, which Windows helpfully told me was COM13 when I connected it. Since my USB to serial has a female header, I used three male-to-female jumper wires to connect it to the EXP header. Pins 7, 8 and 9 are right next to the memory card slot. I used pin 9 as ground.

When I plugged in the power connector, I got to see the full boot process, including formatting of the memory card.

I got the information here: http://elinux.org/Pine64#Serial_Console

In the case of the latest (20160303) Android release, there is a root shell attached to this port. If you have no video, you can execute a safe shutdown here with "reboot -p". I have not tried Linux yet, but I would anticipate a normal login prompt there after boot.

Team viewer Host - stuck activating
Posted by: mkyb14 - 04-28-2016, 10:28 AM - Forum: Remix OS - No Replies

Anyone else trying to setup remote unattended access and have success?

I've been trying to get Teamviewer Host to work, but it will not get past the activating TeamViewer screen on Remix.  on my desktop it does show the device, but will fail in any attempt to connect.

rebooting didn't fix it, so for now, I'm stuck on how to leave this device on and access remotely using RemixOS vs going back to standard linux (no android apps).

Question Arch Killing long running node/npm processes before finishing
Posted by: faddah - 04-28-2016, 10:14 AM - Forum: Archlinux - Replies (4)

hello all,

when i run certian longer processes in node.js/npm, like an update ($ npm update -g) or to search for an npm package ($ npm search elm), it starts the process on my Pine64 A64+ w/ 2 GB board, but then half- or even three-quarters of the way through, it just kills the process before it completes; particularly, i noticed, when it's waiting for info to come back across the 'net through the ethernet port, with —

Killed

then it just gives me the command prompt again, process never completes. this happens no matter how many times i re-try it.

is there anyway to change a setting, somewhere, that will extend the amount of time before these processes are killed? any help would be much appreciated, please. thank you and advance. 

best,

—  faddah
     portland, oregon, u.s.a.

Remix OS seems sluggish
Posted by: lenwe33 - 04-28-2016, 09:58 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (6)

Hello everybody.

I received my pine64 2 gig board and installed RemixOS.
Everything works great.
Bluetooth keyboard works.
WiFi works

I even installed HBONow  through Google Play and watched a couple of movies.

The problem Im having is that its a little sluggish. Im not sure if its because Im using an 8gig microSD or what?
Anybody have any suggestions?

miracast receiver
Posted by: uberal - 04-28-2016, 09:38 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hej,
Is miracast already implemented in the actual release so we can use pine to receive a video and audio from a tablet or smartphone?
If not: how to apply for this? Is there a feature request?
Cheers

cluster computing
Posted by: jproffer - 04-28-2016, 08:40 AM - Forum: Cluster Computing - Replies (20)

I'm using my pines as a computing cluster with 4 nodes (4 per node), plus one dedicated to delegation.

Currently powered by a homemade USB power hub (17 port) and a computer PSU. Re-doing the USB hub to a cleaner implementation, 2 8-port cards