Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,527
» Latest member: kirimayne
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
3 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 32
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
Yesterday, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 736
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 62
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 38
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,320
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,643
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 144
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,440
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 154
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85

Only reach command line
Posted by: dr5mn - 04-30-2016, 02:19 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

Hi

I finally got my Pine64 2GB board. The creation of an SD card went quite smooth, thanks to all the contributions and people who created the images.

I loaded the longsleep Ubuntu 20160421 image, and it booted up without any pains. 

My question is: I only get to the command line. It does not boot through to the GUI. I ran sudo apt-get update and it updated all packages.

Any suggestions?

Enclosure for under $10
Posted by: S.A.RN. - 04-29-2016, 11:51 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (5)

I made it by buying a thin sheet of acrylic at lowes under $8. Cut and drilled it. So far no problems. Running remix os with kodi (about the only thing I know how to do. New to all of this)

[Image: image_zpstrinouqn.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsxy9yg65v.jpg]

NETGEAR WGR614 case mod
Posted by: NondescriptMember - 04-29-2016, 07:31 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (4)

I purchased a nice clean white Netgear WGR614 wireless-G router at a yard sale for $5.00.  The guy wasn't sure if it worked, but I had other plans for it anyway.  I thought it seemed about the right size for the Pine64.  I just got the 2GB board in yesterday, so I've begun toying with the router case.  The board actually fits right inside the security screw posts of the router's case.  I had to stand it on risers and spreaders to "trap" the board within the height of the case.  I have pictures, but I don't have an image hosting account.  Do they still offer free image hosting accounts?  If anyone can point me in the right direction with images, I'd be happy to share them.  Until then, I'll find some that already exist (of the router).

[img][Image: SDC10666_ebay.jpg][/img]

The security screws are located under the rubber feet.  The board is a bit snug with regard to access to the ports.  There is plenty of room for the air mouse/remote w/keyboard's tiny USB dongle on one end of the case.  The other end has exactly the same amount of space, but I'm going to have to purchase some right angle cables for HDMI, Micro USB power, and Ethernet.  I've located what I think will work, but I won't know until I actually order them and get them in.  The router case has an access panel on one of its longer sides (the back).

The router also has a rotating antenna, but I'm not sure I need the WiFi antenna sticking out of the case--nor am I sure that I could solder the router's antenna onto the WiFi module's antenna or if that would even work.  Unfortunately the router's antenna was soldered to the router's board rather than attached the way the WiFi module's is.  Otherwise I could have just switched the leads over.

[Image: wgr416v9_411.jpg]

I've had a lot of issues with my Android build, and I'm not sure at this point that I want to purchase those cables--unless I can get this thing to work first.  I really just wanted a dedicated Kodi box with Ethernet capability (to make streaming more robust).  It appears that Ethernet is problematic with an Android build as well, but I hadn't got that far.  The read rate from my bootable Class 10 Micro SD card seems to be extremely slow.

What drew me toward a router case is the ventilation that the cases offer.  I may have to go a bit bigger though.  There are a lot to choose from.

These are from Picasa, but I'm not sure if they are shareable:

The first shows the risers and spreaders I used to fit the board vertically inside the case.
[Image: DSCF0294.JPG]

This shows the relationship of the board size to case size--and how little room there is at either end for connectivity:

[Image: DSCF0296.JPG]

Disc Image File when extracting....
Posted by: reed2hooah - 04-29-2016, 06:57 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

Hi-

I am only seeing a disc image file when extracting the phoenix card and the actual Android 5.1.1. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Raspbian on the Pine 64 ?
Posted by: cookeys - 04-29-2016, 03:27 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (3)

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if this is plan to launch Raspian on the Pine, because many tutorials made for the Raspberry ( unfortunally there is no tutorial to makes projects on the Pine64 yet Undecided ) works on Raspbian ?

Thanks for your time

Have a nice day

Cookeys

Question Camera / Lcd / Battery documentation
Posted by: soufyen - 04-29-2016, 12:29 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

Dodgy   Undecided   Sad   Huh
Is there any documentation about LCD and Camera ?
and the battery ?
Rolleyes   Confused   Undecided   Huh

Google Play Store (or services)
Posted by: mrjohnnycake - 04-29-2016, 11:40 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (4)

I have Remix up and running and it looks like the play store came pre-installed.  But no matter what I try to download it either gives me an error or just keeps thinking.  Wi-fi is working fine so it's not an internet connection issue.

Do I need to side-load something to make it work properly?

Thanks.

March shipping timeline?
Posted by: rwhiteside90 - 04-29-2016, 09:34 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (1)

Hello,

I'm waiting on my March 2016 shipment to still come. It's now almost end of April. I'm moving in 2 weeks time. I either need a full refund or to be able to update my shipping information. 

Thanks!

pine64 512MB network unusable
Posted by: Manilow - 04-29-2016, 08:05 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (16)

Hello all,

I received my pine64 (512MB) and my pine64+ (1GB) and realize, that the pine64 is unusable!

While the 64+ has only a slow network (there are other threads about that), the pain64 network is not usable.  I  installed the debian image (longsleep 20160421), as that seems to be the only viable option for the 512MB version.
Network connectivity is somewhat close to not existent.  Downloading files from internet is below 25 kB/sec, while the same file loads from other PCs with 30MB/sec.
Local ssh connections are hanging after pressing enter several times, while entering commands you have to wait sometimes for the single letters to appear on the console.
Ssh sessions are disconnecting after some minutes.
Watching the connection with wireshark , I see many duplicates and out-of-order packets coming from the pain64.
I tried almost every meaningful interface setting with ethtool, setting it to 10MB 100MB full and half duplex, but that does not help.

I thought, that the the pines could be a very good alternative to raspberry pi, because the network interface has direct connectivity to the SoC, but that seems to be wrong.

Any Ideas?

some issues
Posted by: bnayal - 04-29-2016, 04:45 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (15)

Hi,

I got my pine64 2gb model.
After checking all the images, I find that the ubuntu is the most stable (debian also worked good but Remix and android were aweful, crashed all the time).
1. I am trying to run a video from youtube and it lags so much.
Any idea how to solve it?

2. Network files are also not working at all. I think the wifi module is very slow. I tried connecting usb dongle 9tpl link wn723n, chipset is RTL8188EUS) but ubuntu didn't recognize it.