Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,526
» Latest member: Garesdq1d
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
1 hour ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 31
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
Yesterday, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 736
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 62
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 38
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,316
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,643
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 144
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,440
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 152
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85

Boot Loop
Posted by: mmeadows - 04-28-2016, 06:21 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

Hey All,

I've tried the Ubuntu image and the Android image. Android gets to the starting app screen then immediately bounces back to the previous splash screen and loops. Ubuntu begins to load then shuts down.

I've tried 3 different power supplies (now using a raspberry pi 2.5 PS) I have no network or peripherals connected. I've tried 3 different displays.

I'm using the 2Gig board. Any help would be appreciated.

what is the root password for debian?
Posted by: piahoo - 04-28-2016, 06:11 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (5)

i was able to run Debian Linux with Mate GUI 20160422 by lenny.raposo with Longsleep kernel (yaay) and login using following credentials 

• username: pine64user

• password: password

however, after issuing:

pine64user@debianpine64:~$ su root

Password:

it keeps asking me for password

any ideas?

Overlapping partitions on latest RemixOS image
Posted by: EricL - 04-28-2016, 05:51 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (7)

Hi all.

So, I've been tearing my hair out trying to get RemixOS to behave on the PINE A64.  I tried downloading the latest image from here, which has changed in the past day or so and thankfully doesn't require PhoenixCard anymore.  However, it seems geared to 8GB MicroSD cards and I can't for the life of me figure out how to expand it.  Both Parted and GParted complain of overlapping partitions, so a simple resize of the filesystem doesn't work.  What's more, removing and re-creating the partition doesn't work, because the first block is actually overlapping with the last block of the extended partition.  This thing has the most bizarre partition table I've ever seen. Short of hacking away at the partition table with a hex editor, is there any way I can clear the overlapping partition problem?

Any luck using GPIO's ?
Posted by: Skivholme - 04-28-2016, 05:06 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi,

Did anybody had any luck using the PI GPIO ?

As far as i can se the GPIO module is not added in the kernel? /sys/class/gpio does not exist..

Is there a way of adding it?

generall network interface issues
Posted by: Sandman01 - 04-28-2016, 04:31 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (9)

Hi

My name is Mario and I'm new to the Pine64 but I'm familiar with
2 RaspberryPi1 B
2 RaspberryPi2 B
1 RaspberryPi3 B
1 LattePanda (x86 dev board)

I received my The PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM 2 weeks ago and I'm still unable to use the Pine because of the overall stability,... issues.
1st the pine needs a power supply >= 2A
Ok mine has 2A and it works, my second one with (nominal rated) 2,4A won't work stable

I managed to get the images booting (most of them) but all images are unable to connect to my network (dhcp server running on my router for IPv4)
also my additionally order WiFi module creates bootloops on all images exept arch linux which do not detect the module (so also no networ)

Is there an test I can process to check if ther is something wrong with my whole board?
I prefer ubuntu linux images to make my test and ther the eth0 interface is shown

Code:
ifconfig

however no inet (IPv4) network address if assigned to it
The ethernet cable and the router work like a charm because (I use  the cable also for my other dev boards)
Also tried to set the ip static in

Code:
/etc/network/interfaces

but without luck, tha adress is assinged correctly but no connection could be astableshed by tesing to ping my router (internally activated to answer on pings)

Code:
ping 192.168.1.1

would be nice if someone could give me a few opportunities what I can test to get any network up and running because without network the Pine is useless (no updates, Android,....)

BTW:
For my boot loops with the WiFi module I will make an additional battery pack that shall support my power supply or test an supply that is pluged in over the RasPi connector because Power supplies for micro USB are mostly limited to max 2,4A (due to standard USB cable requirements limited crosssection)

best regards,
Mario Holzinger

PineA64 Getting Started Guide
Posted by: khgoh - 04-28-2016, 03:50 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (12)

We have created a Getting Started Guide on out Wiki page. Please refer to the link below,
http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Pa...t_Guide.5D

HDMI Overscan / Underscan
Posted by: Dygaer - 04-28-2016, 03:42 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Currently the screen clips off edges of the console. Is there a way that I can change the over scan setting in the /boot/uEnv.txt file? The Raspberry Pi has something like this with their /boot/config.txt file using the following settings.

These are the one's that I would be interested in using with the uEnv.txt file.

• DISABLE_OVERSCAN
    Set to 1 to disable overscan.
  • OVERSCAN_LEFT
    Specifies the number of pixels to skip on the left edge of the screen. Increase this value if the text flows off the left edge of the screen; decrease it if there's a black border between the left edge of the screen and the text.
  • OVERSCAN_RIGHT
    Specifies the number of pixels to skip on the right edge of the screen.
  • OVERSCAN_TOP
    Specifies the number of pixels to skip on the top edge of the screen.
  • OVERSCAN_BOTTOM
    Specifies the number of pixels to skip on the bottom edge of the screen.
  • FRAMEBUFFER_WIDTH
    Specifies the console framebuffer width in pixels. The default is the display width minus the total horizontal overscan.

[Image: IMG_1080.JPG]
[Image: IMG_1081.JPG]

Bluetooth not working
Posted by: reesh95 - 04-28-2016, 01:29 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - No Replies

Hi,

i have run into a problem where the ubuntu image is not detecting the bluetooth adapter . I had ordered the stock wifi + BT module that fits into the pine64 and wifi is working properly. what can i do to solve this ?
Thanks in advance

No sound. Need help to resolve
Posted by: jsyu - 04-27-2016, 11:17 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

Received my 2G board yesterday. Tested with Unbuntu, Arch Linux and Android, all works fine except there is no audio output from on-board audio plug. Don't know whether this a hardware flaw or a software issue. Should I send it back for RMA or there is anything I can do to fix? Please advise.

using dd to clone image
Posted by: jproffer - 04-27-2016, 06:29 PM - Forum: Archlinux - Replies (2)

Hi all,

I'm trying to burn arch to a microsd via 

Code:
dd if=arch-pine64-bspkernel-20160403-1.img of=/dev/sdg1 bs=1M

the image burns fine, but once i eject/reinsert the microsd, my OS cannot mount or recognize the FS on the microsd.  Any help?
I run arch linux with XFCE here, and my kernel supports all the common FS's up to ext4fs, reiserfs, and ntfs.