Manjaro ARM 20.04
(06-20-2020, 03:50 PM)anoctis Wrote: Wanted to chime back in that the issue seems to come and go for me, so it might be hardware related! It came back this morning before cutting out again this afternoon. This time, however, restarting NetworkManager worked.

Will monitor the issue over the coming week(s).
Thanks for your input!! It'll help get things working smoothly! :-)
(06-19-2020, 03:55 PM)spikerguy Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 09:05 AM)theplaidtieninja Wrote: Is there a way to set the default screen brightness for with the machine powers on?

I'm running stock Manjaro Arm 20.04 with all current updates. I love the PBP, but my only real papercut issue is that the screen is really low brightness every time I turn it on. Obviously I can just change it with the keyboard, but it'd be nice if the brightness just defaulted brighter. Is there a way I can change this default value?

Thanks

Yes you can.

Open Energy Saver application from start menu.

There you will see Brightness Level increase as per your convenient and press apply. from next boot it will follow this setting.

Good Luck
Thanks, I was looking for that also.
(05-21-2020, 04:55 PM)spikerguy Wrote: Manjaro ARM 20.04 

Original Manjaro Forum Thread

Please do watch the updates section for regular updates and its discussions.
Manjaro ARM Stable Branch Updates
Manjaro ARM Testing Branch Updates

We have moved to dual partition for Pinebookpro since 20.04, we advice everyone having any older installation than 20.04 to reflash to 20.04

Thanks to @Strit for all his time & effort and @tsys for sharing the Mainline Kernel patches.

Please share your experience & feedback's. It really helps the developers

Thank You.
Manjaro ARM Team.

Is this for pine64 phone? or for laptop?
Welcome to Longer Vision
https://www.longervision.ca
Hi all.
Manjaro Arm for the Pinebook Pro has frequent releases. Version 20.06 appears to be available for download.
What is the best way of using these? Do you recommend upgrading or re-installing to emmc? If using the latter, I guess we could keep our data files on a usb stick for example, but then we face reconfiguring kde of xfc. Alternatively upgrading our existing system may keep our desktop settings but may introduce new bugs.
What works for you?
(06-28-2020, 04:53 AM)S265 Wrote: Hi all.
Manjaro Arm for the Pinebook Pro has frequent releases. Version 20.06 appears to be available for download.
What is the best way of using these? Do you recommend upgrading or re-installing to emmc? If using the latter, I guess we could keep our data files on a usb stick for example, but then we face reconfiguring kde of xfc. Alternatively upgrading our existing system may keep our desktop settings but may introduce new bugs.
What works for you?
What do you mean by new bugs? Manjaro is a rolling release Distro. There should be no issue in just upgrading the existing installation. 

I have upgraded to it yesterday with latest packages on unstable and Testing branch and had no issue with it. Users on stable should not have any issue which will affect the usability of the device.

Thank You.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(06-29-2020, 02:44 AM)spikerguy Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 04:53 AM)S265 Wrote: Hi all.
What works for you?
What do you mean by new bugs? Manjaro is a rolling release Distro. There should be no issue in just upgrading the existing installation. 

I have upgraded to it yesterday with latest packages on unstable and Testing branch and had no issue with it. Users on stable should not have any issue which will affect the usability of the device.

Thank You.
My PBP 20.03 advises the system is up-to-date. How do we get the 20.06 release?
A couple of months ago, I installed Manjaro 19 on my PBP. This install however, would not receive any updates. I finally figured out that the update server has been changed. So I corrected this and was able to manually upgrade to 20.4. At reboot however, I was stuck at the red LED and a black screen. I was still able to boot other distributions from SD though.
I now flashed the latest Manjaro 20.4 installer image to SD using etcher, inserted it and turned PBP on. LED would turn red then green, I can see the Manjaro bootlogo and the spinning circle but nothing else happens (waited a good 20 minutes).
Any idea what to do next ?
Thanks for your help,
(07-19-2020, 02:39 PM)polypode Wrote: A couple of months ago, I installed Manjaro 19 on my PBP. This install however, would not receive any updates. I finally figured out that the update server has been changed. So I corrected this and was able to manually upgrade to 20.4. At reboot however, I was stuck at the red LED and a black screen. I was still able to boot other distributions from SD though.
I now flashed the latest Manjaro 20.4 installer image to SD using etcher, inserted it and turned PBP on. LED would turn red then green, I can see the Manjaro bootlogo and the spinning circle but nothing else happens (waited a good 20 minutes).
Thanks for your help,
As per the Pinebook Pro wiki on the Manjaro Arm EMMC Installer:

Pitfall: When using the EMMC installer from SD card, you may get stuck on the bootsplash animation forever. But that's just the image masking the TUI (text mode user interface) installer. Just press escape after like some seconds or so, and you will have an easy-to-follow installer. See forum post: manjaro-arm-installer to eMMC.

Hope this helps!
(07-19-2020, 04:16 PM)TDC_PBP Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 02:39 PM)polypode Wrote: A couple of months ago, I installed Manjaro 19 on my PBP. This install however, would not receive any updates. I finally figured out that the update server has been changed. So I corrected this and was able to manually upgrade to 20.4. At reboot however, I was stuck at the red LED and a black screen. I was still able to boot other distributions from SD though.
Thanks for your help,
As per the Pinebook Pro wiki on the Manjaro Arm EMMC Installer:

Pitfall: When using the EMMC installer from SD card, you may get stuck on the bootsplash animation forever. But that's just the image masking the TUI (text mode user interface) installer. Just press escape after like some seconds or so, and you will have an easy-to-follow installer. See forum post: manjaro-arm-installer to eMMC.

Hope this helps!

Thank you this was part of the solution. I also had to re-flash the image to 16GB SD card. I used a 32GB card initially which was larger than the eMMC so the TUI installer would not find a suitable image. Manjaro up and running again.
I knew that I should wait on the update, now I only have sddm and, luckily, a vt
But I still have no X, enter my password, and nothing happens
Partly my fault, the update is so slow, went to sleep and would not wake
So, after an hour hard power off. Since the db would not open, eventually deleted lock file
The error msg could be better. Tried to finish update, no wifi (all in vt)
The usual nmcli wouldn't work, had to do "nmcli con up <ap name> -a"
A systemd thing I think. So, after update finished, still same,,
sddm won't do anything after password, there is vt access (all buttons in sddm functional)
journald is not all that helpfull
Suggestions?
Solved,, startplasma-* and xsessions/plasma.desktop zero size
reinstall of plasma-workspace was needed
Not sure how this package slipped thru the checksum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 168 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,606 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 214 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,914 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 291 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,913 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 709 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez