Manjaro ARM 20.04
(06-16-2020, 09:02 AM)q4osteam Wrote: @spikerguy
Thanks for the reply and info. You can add Q4OS 3.11 to the list of "OS Images that do NOT boot". Although we cannot perform testing on our PB sample, as it always boots just fine, we have released Q4OS 3.11 image update ".r3", with a possible fix included, see https://sourceforge.net/projects/q4os/files/testing/ . We would appreciate a testing of the image and a possible feedback.

I had to repair the SD card with GParted.
"An error occurred while accessing '3.8 GiB Removable Media', the system responded: The requested operation has failed: Error mounting /dev/mmcblk1p1 at /run/media/rock/c2991671-3b1e-47d7-8196-723096d2366b: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mmcblk1p1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error"

It boots, but after 5 minutes nothing happens.
I see the backlight is on and I see a response (led light) when I press Caps Lock.
Is there any way to get S3 suspend working on the latest Manjaro? That's really the only thing holding it back from being perfect at the moment (other than needing to downgrade the wifi firmware package).
(06-16-2020, 08:31 PM)PRStoetzer Wrote: Is there any way to get S3 suspend working on the latest Manjaro? That's really the only thing holding it back from being perfect at the moment (other than needing to downgrade the wifi firmware package).
Yes you will have to flash bsp uboot and then the S3 suspend will work fine.

Install the package using this command and then follow the instruction.

Code:
sudo pacman -S uboot-pinebookpro-bsp

Do not do this if you don't have experience with uboot or basic dd linux commands.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(06-17-2020, 03:43 AM)spikerguy Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 08:31 PM)PRStoetzer Wrote: Is there any way to get S3 suspend working on the latest Manjaro? That's really the only thing holding it back from being perfect at the moment (other than needing to downgrade the wifi firmware package).

Code:

Do not do this if you don't have experience with uboot or basic dd linux commands.

On mine s3 suspend works fine the first time but it fails to suspend to s3 afterwards (until a reboot) and fallback to s2idle.

Anyone experiencing the same ?
(06-17-2020, 03:43 AM)spikerguy Wrote:

Code:

For whatever reason this does not work on my first run 64 GB ISO Pinebook Pro. It no longer boots to the EMMC, but it will boot to SD. I reflashed the EMMC and tried again, but got the same results. I'll just stick to S2 for now, but I'd really like to be able to close the lid and leave it for a few hours or overnight without the battery draining.
Is there a way to set the default screen brightness for with the machine powers on?

I'm running stock Manjaro Arm 20.04 with all current updates. I love the PBP, but my only real papercut issue is that the screen is really low brightness every time I turn it on. Obviously I can just change it with the keyboard, but it'd be nice if the brightness just defaulted brighter. Is there a way I can change this default value?

Thanks
(06-19-2020, 09:05 AM)theplaidtieninja Wrote: Is there a way to set the default screen brightness for with the machine powers on?

I'm running stock Manjaro Arm 20.04 with all current updates. I love the PBP, but my only real papercut issue is that the screen is really low brightness every time I turn it on. Obviously I can just change it with the keyboard, but it'd be nice if the brightness just defaulted brighter. Is there a way I can change this default value?

Thanks

Yes you can.

Open Energy Saver application from start menu.

There you will see Brightness Level increase as per your convenient and press apply. from next boot it will follow this setting.

Good Luck
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
So I'm having an issue with the WiFi that I'm fairly sure is NOT related to the kill switch. Or at least not in the way others have experienced it. To clarify - I have made sure that the killswitch is in the off position (2 blinks) and rebooted, and also tested with the reverse (3 blinks) to make sure there was no issue here.

Issue: It randomly disconnects while working, and cannot reconnect even with reboots + cycling the kill switch.
The odd thing is that it shows WiFi networks in the area, and attempts to connect them, but cannot do so successfully.

It is resolved by reinstalling the OS, so seems like its software related. Has happened to me so far on the factory Manjaro KDE that it shipped with, and with Manjaro i3 ARM 20.04

One time it happened without any input from myself (saw it disconnect sitting on my desk while working on my primary), another it happened while doing something unrelated in vim.

When I run inxi -Fxz, I get the same "No ARM data found for this feature" that happens with the kill switch issue.

Looking at journalctl -u NetworkManager, I see:

dhcp4 (wlan): request timed out
device (wlan0): state change: ip-config -> failed (reason ip-config-unavailable, sys-iface-state: 'managed')
manager: NetworkManager state is now DISCONNECTED
platform-linux: do-change-link[2]: failure changing link: failure 52 (invalid exchange)
device (wlan0) set-hw-addr: failed to set MAC address to [MAC here] (scanning) (NME_UNSPEC)
device (wlan0) Activation failed for connection "Homelab"

Restarting the service with systemctl restart NetworkManager.service doesn't work either.

Any idea what could be causing this?
(06-19-2020, 03:55 PM)spikerguy Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 09:05 AM)theplaidtieninja Wrote: Is there a way to set the default screen brightness for with the machine powers on?

Thanks

Yes you can.

Open Energy Saver application from start menu.

There you will see Brightness Level increase as per your convenient and press apply. from next boot it will follow this setting.

Good Luck
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Don't know how I missed it.
Wanted to chime back in that the issue seems to come and go for me, so it might be hardware related! It came back this morning before cutting out again this afternoon. This time, however, restarting NetworkManager worked.

Will monitor the issue over the coming week(s).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 166 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,605 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 213 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,912 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 291 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,913 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 709 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez