Boot from SD and edit screen res on native OS?
I played around with a Mangaro image on SD and all was well.  Tried changing don't size for these poor old eyes and worked.  Also found screen resolution change option.  So... I booted back up on the default internal image and tried the same.  Found both settings.  I set the screen resolution ton1024x768, as was the next visually larger size... Set to system wide and applied then rebooted.  Now, after logging in (with larger fomt on login window).... It boots to a blank screen.  No curaer, not mouse pointer.  It occasionally does a light flash, like it's trying a different resolution, but now change.  I don't have a USB to HDMI adaptor, so am stuck.

I can still boot to Mangaro, however.  can iount the internal drive, and change a config file to get back to theddefault resolution1292x1080?

Thanks in advance
Dennis
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro
you don't want to change the resolution. keep this at FHD. you can use scaling if supported by the window manager.
MATE does support HiDPI scaling. Install/open MATE Tweak. Start around x1.15 and work your way up as needed.
(01-26-2020, 05:37 PM)xmixahlx Wrote: you don't want to change the resolution. keep this at FHD. you can use scaling if supported by the window manager.

Very good... Thanks for the tip!  Is my process, listed above, correct to get the resolution set back tondrlefault?  As, right now .. booting from the default OS, I just have a black screen. :-( I would need to know what file to make the change in, however. I can probably being around until I find it. I've done a reasonable amount of work on Linux, but pretty much only on working systems. :-)
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro
I am not sure about how manjaro does this... we're you using kde or xfce?

my first thought is to jump to a console and load a different window manager and see what happens... my go-tos are fluxbox and sway.

"system wide" sounds like a config file
(01-27-2020, 05:57 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: I am not sure about how manjaro does this... we're you using kde or xfce?

my first thought is to jump to a console and load a different window manager and see what happens... my go-tos are fluxbox and sway.

Yes... That's what I'm looking for. . the display/monitor config file where the change I made in the default is .  I'm booting to Manjaro on SD card, then using terminal to go to the internal drive where the default OS is located.  I assume it's in it's /etc folder.  I thought I had found it, edited the Tex file, saved, then shut down and pulled the SD/Manjaro card and attempted to boot from the internal drive again.  Still no go.  I can log in, and it seems to finish booting , but don't get a desktop screen after... Just a blank screen.

I can't make any changes in the GUI when booted from Manjaro, as it will only effect Manjaro on the SD... Not the internal OS config.  So, I am booting from Manjaro to make a manual change on the default internal drive.  Does that make sense?
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro
(01-27-2020, 06:32 AM)dhosh Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 05:57 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: I am not sure about how manjaro does this... we're you using kde or xfce?

Yes... That's what I'm looking for. . the display/monitor config file where the change I made in the default is .  I'm booting to Manjaro on SD card, then using terminal to go to the internal drive where the default OS is located.  I assume it's in it's /etc folder.  I thought I had found it, edited the Tex file, saved, then shut down and pulled the SD/Manjaro card and attempted to boot from the internal drive again.  Still no go.  I can log in, and it seems to finish booting , but don't get a desktop screen after... Just a blank screen.

I can't make any changes in the GUI when booted from Manjaro, as it will only effect Manjaro on the SD... Not the internal OS config.  So, I am booting from Manjaro to make a manual change on the default internal drive.  Does that make sense?

Per this post, you need to make your edits to the xrandr config.
(01-27-2020, 08:01 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 06:32 AM)dhosh Wrote:

Per this post, you need to make your edits to the xrandr config.

Very good!  I'll look at the post tonight.  I did make a change to one of the files in that folder, and it didn't work... But I'll read the list and re-attemot.  I likely missed something!

Thanks!
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 219 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  uboot wont boot to SD card after upgrade jbradley419 7 545 01-19-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Video Flashing/adjusting on boot and reboot jbradley419 0 216 01-16-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: jbradley419
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,943 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM soupgirl 3 540 12-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Various freezes during boot & while running several Linux distros - hardware error? donuts 1 489 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Cannot boot to Kali SD card after uboot upgrade jbradley419 4 1,025 09-19-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Does latest Tow-Boot install/work correctly for everyone? tophneal 4 1,611 08-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Black screen by start up bluedemon382 10 2,708 07-27-2023, 07:49 AM
Last Post: dstallmo
  Boot into NVME drive, no wifi, sound, buttons... PaulQ 0 737 07-13-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: PaulQ