Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,112
» Latest member: Kozmo2k4
» Forum threads: 15,682
» Forum posts: 114,549

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 09:22 PM
» Views: 26
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 09:21 PM
» Views: 18
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 77
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,227
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 137
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,110
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:40 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,887
AI posts
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,003

I totally destroyed my Pinebook Pro by accident.
Posted by: Nobot - 07-30-2021, 06:12 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (5)

It is not physically damaged in anyway. I totasted the set up. It will no longer boot via eMMc or USB mini drive flash card. I tried to reflash the internal eMMC and placed the boot in the second spot. Then tried deleting the mistake. You could still boot from the flashdrive a week ago but I let the computer sit for a week turned off. If anything happens now I get either a blinking cursor in the upper left hand screen or nothing but a red light and them it dies. Sometimes it goes to green and then dies. Sometimes no light at all. I am totally still a noob at this after one year. I totally messed up before I tried to reflash the eMMC.  Any advice?  Huh

rock64-debian-mrfixit-190531.img.xz : missing /usr/lib/dri/rockchip_dri.so
Posted by: popi - 07-30-2021, 05:20 PM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (5)

Hello !

I have a V3 Rock64. No PSU or HDMI issues : i have XU4, RPI-1, RPI-2, BPI-M5 without problems.

- rock64-debian-mrfixit-190531.img.xz >> SD Card  :  it lags very much, when moving windows with LXDE.
- rock64-debian-mrfixit-190531.img.xz >> mmc Card (Foresee 16 Go) : i can't start X, xorg doesn't find /usr/lib/dri/rockchip_dri.so. Can't find this file on my disk.

- Armbian >> black lines on screen when moving windows in XFCE.
- Armbian >> dashboard moving up an down quickly when i move some windows (ex : PCManFM, but not galculator (?))

- Slackware XFCE : works great, but no dependencies supported by this OS (?).

- Ubuntu : i don't want.

- FreeBSD .img for Rock64 doesn't boot.

What distros work on your V3 board, please ?

Undecided

JTAG/SWD on Quartz64 model A
Posted by: capablegh - 07-30-2021, 02:33 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Quartz64 - Replies (4)

Hello.

The Quartz64 model A I purchased should be here in a few days. I would like to connect a JTAG/SWD debugger to it. 

Where could I find documentation where this is described? In the schematics for the board, I see mention of JTAG in few places, but I am not sure where physically the pins are on the board. 

Can anyone provide specifics? Also, aside from the RK3566 datasheet are there any reference manuals/guides for the board? Where can I find these? Also, the same for the Quartz64.

Standard Notes ARM Build (appimage, deb)
Posted by: mds08011 - 07-30-2021, 01:34 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

For any users of Standard Notes (https://standardnotes.org), a developer is looking for some help testing ARM builds of the desktop app: https://github.com/standardnotes/forum/i...-887475953

25-31 July batch
Posted by: Melechtna - 07-30-2021, 12:39 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

I ordered my device around the 26th. Should I expect to see it during this batch? I've yet to receive a tracing number or anything even remotely resembling an update on the order.

slarm64 (unofficial slackware) SOPINE A64 (aarch64)
Posted by: mara - 07-30-2021, 12:12 PM - Forum: Linux on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (6)

Thanks shelldweller,
this board has been added to the assembly slarm64_build_kit

kernel
slarm64-current-aarch64-server-sopine-5.13.5-build-20210727.img.zst
slarm64-current-aarch64-server-sopine-5.13.5-build-20210727.img.zst.sha256

Manjaro KDE dolphin not showing usb device
Posted by: straightwalker - 07-30-2021, 09:51 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

Hi, I can see usb device in the manage disks utility, but I can't access the device through dolphin. I can manually mount & access through console. 
Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, straightwalker
SOLVED
more or less. The Disks utility recognizes a hot plugged usb and allows mounting and/or unmounting and offers options that can be edited.
If the drive is in when the PBP is booted, the Disk utility will mount it in /ROOT/mnt/usbname. If the drive is put in after the boot, the Disk utility mounts it in /ROOT/media/usrname/usbname (or maybe it has a "/run" in that path, I don't remember). In any case, Disks lists the path to the mounted usb drive, and you can access the contents using Dolphin (by beginning the path with ROOT).
There is probably a way to automate this, or make it less manual, but I couldn't figure it out. At least, you can access any drive you put in. If you are using the same usb drive each time (and you get the settings right), the process is automatic. It seems that you have to set up options for each new drive that you use.
I'm sure others can explain better ways. But it does work, even though an added device never appears on the Dolphin sidebar.

Replace/Solder USB-C port on Pinephone
Posted by: magdesign - 07-30-2021, 01:51 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (4)

They very laggy USB-C port is a big issue for charging the phone (especially on a bicycle with dynamo or solar panel).

Is there any chance to solder a new port onto the phones pcb?
If yes, which parts would I need to buy?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4...r&_sacat=0

Soldering I guess is somehow like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6TMxctCcxU

Any detailed walk-trough on how to open the phone and how to replace the port?

Cold I instead charge via pogo-pins with a 3d-printed custom case?

Struggling to get USB-C DP to work
Posted by: gravedigger - 07-30-2021, 01:36 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

Hello

i am using Lenovo ThinkPad 40A9 dock for my daily driver Lenovo E595. I thought to test it with pinebook, but result was mixed, as i've described here.

Today i've returned to seek for rootcause, and what i came with, was this message

Jul 21 02:21:04 pinebook kernel: cdn-dp fec00000.dp: Direct firmware load for rockchip/dptx.bin failed with error -2

when dock was plugged.
I've started to connecting dots: firmware was present in /usr/lib/firmware, but yet somehow it was invisible for rockchipdrm module. After some tinkering, i've modified a file

[root@pinebook etc]# sdiff -s mkinitcpio.conf mkinitcpio.conf_20210730
FILES=(/usr/lib/firmware/rockchip/dptx.bin)       | FILES=()

regenerated my initrd and verified that file is actually included before rootfs gets mounted, so exactly when it's needed.
After reboot, somewhat success - no errors about missing firmware ,yet no image after connecting to dock, despite both plugs orientations

kernel says

[  26.816477] cdn-dp fec00000.dp: [drm:cdn_dp_pd_event_work [rockchipdrm]] Not connected. Disabling cdn

Is there anything else that i can do/ mess with/ try? i really am into docking Pinebook to my existing dock, as i have already nicely set up my desk and buying another "maybye compatible one" is missing my point.

my kernel: 5.13.4-1-MANJARO-ARM, vanilla from repo (yet i don't see a problem to recompile if needed, Gentoo fan here ;d)

Please help...Pinebook Pro Night Color / mode not working :(
Posted by: sushilsharma71@gmail.com - 07-29-2021, 10:40 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (13)

I have Manjaro on my Pinebook pro and have no luck with night light mode. I tried following all discussions in the forums here and on internet. I tried installing gnome with gdm in majaro. Also tried redshift. But nothing worked.

I appreciate, if anyone can help by providing exact steps to enable night mode?

thanks,