Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,031
» Latest member: petas
» Forum threads: 15,651
» Forum posts: 114,405

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
11 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,016
Right hand mouse click on...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: oiyounutter
Yesterday, 05:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
PineTab2 corrupted EMMC
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: oiyounutter
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 850
irradium (based on crux l...
Forum: Linux on Quartz64
Last Post: mara
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
» Views: 22
PinePhone only turns on s...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: zvavybir
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 82
Reboot ending with INFINI...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: plainsman
03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
» Views: 44
irradium (based on crux l...
Forum: Linux on RockPro64
Last Post: mara
03-25-2024, 12:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
signal for pinefon
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pavlos1
03-25-2024, 09:25 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 128
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1,514
PinePhone Pro Explorer's ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: zetabeta
03-24-2024, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 821

on off power button stopped working
Posted by: dcinoz - 07-24-2021, 05:07 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (3)

Hi,

Another thread mentions the $1 "PINEPHONE SIDE KEYS FLEX PCB" https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...3#pid91693

I just took apart the Pinephone to replace the earpiece speaker and the on/off button no longer works - or at least not very often, I have to plug in USB-C cable to turn it on. And I can't reliably turn the screen on / off with the power on/off button.

I have removed the back cover and the inner plastic cover that goes round the back - the volume / on / off flexi cable is fully inserted into the motherboard 'slot'.  Vol up / down works fine, still. Looking at the side where the black and white 'cover' is on the vol up/down and on/off keys with a torch, the top of the on/off key area seems to have lots of small creases / thin vertical lines across the top half - I don't know if that would be the issue or the flexi itself?

Standard shipping to Adelaide, Australia is US$12, so very expensive US$13 total. Is there anywhere else I can buy it with more reasonable shipping?

Any suggestions as to what I could try to 'fix' this? I'm starting to realise that a lot of parts seem very fragile and can apparently be easily damaged when taking apart / putting back together. I have been very careful but you have to bend the flexi to get it back into the motherboard 'slot'.

Thanks for any advice. Anyone in Australia ordering something please let me know - it would be great to be able to reduce shipping costs. Not quite sure if I can live with it as it is. I might just switch back to my Android phone with Lineageos and without google apps!

Chatty history disappeared after update
Posted by: tomoqv - 07-24-2021, 04:34 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - No Replies

Following the latest update of chatty (chatty-0.3.3+16+g11c76c6-1-aarch64), the app no longer shows the messaging history. The database file home/manjaro/.purple/chatty/db/chatty-history.db remains and all the messages are still there, but chatty doesn't read them for some reason. I tried to downgrade chatty to an earlier version from the package cache, but same thing.

Messaging works and new chats are being displayed in chatty, but for some reason the old chats are not visible.

Any ideas?

[phosh] boost pipewire volume beyond 100%?
Posted by: dcinoz - 07-23-2021, 11:54 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Hi,

My earpiece speaker broke after my Pinephone fell out of my jacket pocket. I bought a replacement speaker from aliexpress based on a post identifying compatible models but, even though it works, the volume is very low even at 100%.

With pulseaudio I would use pavucontrol to boost to 150%. Manjaro Phosh uses pipewire and pavucontrol doesn't work. Does anyone know what I can use to achieve the same result. Speaker is unusable as there is a massive echo so callers hear themselves, and I would like to be able to use the earpiece rather than having to use an earpiece - though that is the best solution, I think, once you've managed to untangle it, push in the earpieces and plug it in!

Command line would be fine, ideally something that survives reboot.

Thanks.

docking bar limits charging rate?
Posted by: nelstomlinson - 07-23-2021, 11:01 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (5)

I'm using a 1.5A USB charger, and that is barely able to charge the battery faster than I am discharging it. When I plug in that same charger through the docking bar, I see that the USB current limit is only 0.5A, and that is definitely NOT enough to keep ahead of the discharge.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

This is a beta edition, convergence model,  running Mobian/Phosh from the SD.

When to dist-upgrade vs when to reinstall?
Posted by: DrPlamsa - 07-23-2021, 07:06 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Hello all:

When should I be satisfied with upgrading via the apt package manager, and when should I do a complete reinstall? Are there changes that occur in the updated Mobian images which are not implemented when an old installation upgrades via apt?

An example: When I installed Mobian in October 2020, full disk encryption (FDE) was not available so I had to hack together an encrypted /home/ partition using cryptsetup and LUKS. Then, some time in December, the Mobian images packaged a native FDE setup tool. If I were to reinstall now, I could set up FDE natively.

Is FDE an *exception* or the *rule*? Am I missing other important features and fixes by upgrading via apt?

Thanks again

SFOS 4.1.0.24 aarch64
Posted by: defactofactotum - 07-23-2021, 03:43 AM - Forum: SailfishOS on PinePhone - Replies (5)

The new image is an aarch64 build, so quite a departure and there are many teething problems at the moment.
Flash as usual and then as root zypper ref/ssu ur/zypper dup. Apps now need to be 64bit builds so some on the Jolla store won't install and the Openrepos Storeman app will not install either. There may be some improvement in sim card recognition but it will take some time for this build to get back to parity with the 32bit version.

Build Infinitime Sources
Posted by: aemkai - 07-22-2021, 01:40 PM - Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime - Replies (4)

Hello,
im a relative newbie to programming and wan't to have a own clock face.
I followed the build steps from Git - build and program and the build with a new face with some little changes was also successfull.[url=https://github.com/JF002/InfiniTime/blob/develop/doc/buildAndProgram.md][/url]
I wan't to programm the firmware by OTA/DFU, but my problem is, there wasn't a pinetime-mcuboot-app-dfu build.
The files build are:

• pinetime-app-1.2.0.bin
  • pinetime-app-1.2.0.hex
  • pinetime-app-1.2.0.map
  • pinetime-app-1.2.0.out
The dependencies as descriped on git are installed and additionally adafruit-nrfutil.
I prepare the build with
Code:
cmake -DARM_NONE_EABI_TOOLCHAIN_PATH="/opt/gcc-arm-none-eabi/gcc-arm-none-eabi-10-2020-q4-major" -DNRF5_SDK_PATH="/opt/nRF5_SDK_15.3.0_59ac345" -DUSE_JLINK=0 -DNRFJPROG="/opt/nrfjprog/nrfjprog" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DBUILD_DFU=1 ../

and run the build with
Code:
make -j pinetime-app
 in the build-directory.

What have i done wrong. How to get an pinetime-mcuboot-app-dfu.zip?

thanks in advance

Link USB power strips for a cluster?
Posted by: DevonBirch - 07-22-2021, 11:03 AM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

So Im thinking of building a Pine64 cluster for a homelab over a Pi for a couple reasons, also being able to order more than one of the same type.
Their website sells USB to barrel power adapters awesome! But I need a power strip that can output 5V 3A for at least four USB ports.
I am not honestly that familiar with power usage and finding pieces but I see a lot of 2.4Amps with a max total of 12Amps. Out of a USB power strip. Is 3A really just 2.4?
192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

crux-arm Quartz64 RK3566 (aarch64)
Posted by: mara - 07-22-2021, 10:41 AM - Forum: Linux on Quartz64 - Replies (5)

added support for crux-arm

crux-arm-3.6-aarch64-core-quartz64-5.13.0-rc4-build-20210722.img.zst
crux-arm-3.6-aarch64-core-quartz64-5.13.0-rc4-build-20210722.img.zst.sha256

Is Pinebook Pro a good option for me?
Posted by: PeytonBirch - 07-22-2021, 10:22 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (8)

Hello there, im looking for a secondary laptop and found pinebook pro over reddit, i would use it for web browsing (including video), office, some cybersecurity learning stuff if able (nmap or similar tools) and at least some bash scripting and code learning (like ansible, JavaScript etc, might use Atom).
So, as the title says, is pinebook a good option for me?
showbox speed test