Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,079
» Latest member: xard
» Forum threads: 15,669
» Forum posts: 114,493

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
GloDroid (Android-14)
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: GaryM
Today, 08:39 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 72
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
Today, 07:50 AM
» Views: 18
Pinebook Pro Initial Impr...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 443
» Views: 584,392
[WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: u-kidjp
04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 577
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: zetabeta
04-15-2024, 04:49 AM
» Views: 70
Pinephone Pro for a Debia...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: zetabeta
04-15-2024, 03:01 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 118
Where are the LoRaWAN dev...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
04-14-2024, 11:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 9,599
OpenBSD install on eMMC w...
Forum: BSD on RockPro64
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-12-2024, 02:06 AM
» Views: 96
PinePhone Pro and PinePho...
Forum: General
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
04-11-2024, 03:10 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
Case for Pinephone
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: gramonyl
04-11-2024, 11:48 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 6,893

Computer made in adrica
Posted by: luglimbe - 08-20-2021, 10:31 PM - Forum: Community and Events - Replies (1)

We are an open source informatic school in Limbe Cameroon and Africa need informatic and laptop. But we don't want only to buy but we want to mount an African laptop we work already with raspberry and pine64 machine. So we will try to develop an African machine it means it must be cheap and as technology is changing it should be a machine were we can change the different parts easily. So with pine64 we can already buy all the parts but we need your help to assemble it correctly. Hoping to read you very soon. 

Phone bottom end got hot, plastic melted, fire concern
Posted by: mronell - 08-20-2021, 08:13 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hi,

I am using a Pinephone 64 Beta  edition as my main cell phone.  It has
been workable since mid-May 2021, and  I have been using the Mobian OS
to run  the phone.  It has  growing pains, but  until tonight,  I was
reasonably happy  with it.  Tonight, while  on a charging cord  that I
have been  using since  purchasing the  phone, the  bottom end  of the
phone got way too hot.  It has  always run very warm, but this was not
reasonable.  The  charging cord  end started to  melt.  Felt  like the
battery might enter thermal runaway.  I  believe that the phone is now
not safely  usable.  The phone  is still  running and has  cooled down
maybe, but I am  not sure whether there is lasting  damage and I don't
want my home and  family burned.  I have it now  outside on a concrete
patio surface.

Is  there a  warranty?  Am  I on  my own?  The cord  seemed OK  until
tonight.  Once it  melted, the cord now seems unsafe  as well.  I have
that unplugged also.  The cord was  by Manhattan, 10', USB-A to USB-C.
Charger  seems  OK.  We  have  other  similar  cords  in use  with  no
problems.

Marc

Pinetime notafcations
Posted by: Joseph58tech - 08-20-2021, 05:28 PM - Forum: General - No Replies

I've been using my pinetime for about 2 days now and I just now got everything correctly setup and I am wondering how to clear notafcations on my pinetime

OTPClient
Posted by: publiclewdness - 08-20-2021, 05:07 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Has anybody been able to get OTPClient installed onto PostmarketOS ? I am on 21.06 Phosh. I see it on Mobian in the repos but not on PostmarketOS.

Security/Musl Question
Posted by: publiclewdness - 08-20-2021, 05:05 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Often times I have seen people refer to PostmarketOS as a more secure option than other distros available and usually the reasons revolve around it being based off of Alpine Linux and using Musl. What makes Musl a better choice ? I tried to web search it but mostly get results of people talking about how it is faster or has cleaner code or takes up less space but not about security specifically. How would PostmarketOS stack up against Mobian or Graphene OS in the security department ? All three have full disk encryption as options but past that it gets into territory where people make vague statements but not much explanation.

Vertical clearances inside a PBP case
Posted by: zackw - 08-20-2021, 01:06 PM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - No Replies

Are there any engineering diagrams or similar that show vertical clearances inside the case, particularly the amount of space between the inside of the back cover and the various levels of the mainboard? I'm wanting to experiment with better passive cooling and it's hard to tell how thick thermal pads and so on should be.  The only thing I have found is the "principle views" [sic] PDF, which  doesn't appear to contain vertical interior views and has no measurements.

bogus heart rate values
Posted by: samjam - 08-20-2021, 09:34 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTime - Replies (1)

When I turn on heart rate monitor, the displayed rate constantly varies across a wide range of numbers, and it's not just me (so I don't need an emergency hospital visit) but others I know have tried this watch and get wildly varying results 

Is this known to not work?

reversed caps lock
Posted by: angeloweb - 08-20-2021, 07:20 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (4)

Hi, I got a pinebook pro in April. It worked well, so I ordered a 2nd right before orders were shut down. Well, earlier this week, I tried to use that 2nd one, but there seems to be some issues with the keyboard. 
The keyboard is typing all caps, until I clicked the caps lock button. Then I get lower case. The two finger doesn't seem to work for dragging. Maybe it's due to it reading a shift key pressed. I've tried pressing/tapping all of the keys in case one was stuck, but no change.
Is there a firmware or known issue that might cause this?
Thanks for any help.
Anthony

Has the Quartz64 Model B project been canceled?
Posted by: Silver - 08-20-2021, 06:31 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Quartz64 - Replies (8)

Has the Quartz64 Model B project been canceled?

External display / display output
Posted by: Jcarlos - 08-20-2021, 05:28 AM - Forum: PineNote Hardware - Replies (4)

I'm really excited about the PineNote, I've been playing with different e-ink devices like Boox Note Air and Supernote and would love to have a Linux Opensource option to tinker with.

Just an idea of hardware support that would make it unique compared to other existing e-ink devices:

- Ability to connect the tablet to an usb-c color lcd monitor and use it as a Linux computer
- Ability to plug a laptop or computer to the tablet itself and use the tablet as an external e-ink monitor

Really looking forward to this e-ink tablet!