Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,340

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
8 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 85
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 756
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 58
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,354
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,654
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 160
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,453
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 165
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 91

LCD driver
Posted by: Glychee - 06-01-2016, 03:39 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (8)

Dear Tllim ,
Can we have the LCD driver binary or source code?
I want to use my 7 inch panel with remix OS.
What good is a LCD panel you can't use to prototype with? I don't want to be android dependant.

Thanks,
Glychee

Question about video acceleration
Posted by: BringItOn - 06-01-2016, 03:00 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (10)

Hi,

maybe it has been explained many times in this forum, but I can not find it. Could someone explain to me why the video acceleration for kodi and similar software does not work on the current builds? Is it an issue of graphic drivers? What is the deal here. It is really hard to find condensed, good information about issues concerning the pine64 at the moment.

Sound through AUX and not HDMI
Posted by: simonsp - 06-01-2016, 02:28 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

Hi,

I have my Pine connected to the tv through HDMI and the sound system through AUX, but the sound goes to the tv and not the sound system.
Is it possible to change this setting(?) or in any other way direct the sound to the sound system and the image to the tv?
If so, how do I do this?

Thanks

No Ethernet Connectivity (2GB)
Posted by: Rumen - 06-01-2016, 02:22 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (1)

Hey there, I'm using the the A64+ 2GB board and I've installed the 04/15 remix os listed on the wiki. I'm able to use wifi through the stock module however when an ethernet cable is plugged in I can't get any connectivity. It does not seem to get it's IP settings from the router at all, even when trying to configure it manually I am unable to connect to anything or ping the Pine's ethernet interface. I've heard that this might possibly be something to do with the Gigabit interface.

Has anyone had any similar problems and fixed them?

Is there a way to set the interface to FastEthernet (100mbps) within Remix OS?

EDIT: Found the bug report for the issue.

Still can't seem to find a way to change the interface to 100mbps within the operating system

Quote:Gigabit Ethernet Issues
  • Reported By: moondarkx at pine64.pro
  • Reported On: April 26th 2016 - 10:59am EDT
  • Pine 64 Model: Pine A64+ 2 GB
  • Operating System: Beta 1
  • Equipment Involved: Network
Gigabit ethernet on Pine A64+ 2GB is not working using Remix OS or Android, it detects IP but has no communication. Tried several other combinations of gigabit switches and connections (for instance, directly connecting to a computer). Using a 100mbps switch seems to solve the case, however some routers do not have the option to use 100mbps instead of gigabit (for instance, airport extreme/express). Also, some bakers brought the more expensive boards for projects that need gigabit ethernet and android/remix os system. Gigabit seems to work just fine in Linux.

Total Reports: 2
View full report here www.pine64.pro

Can anyone confirm bluetooth?
Posted by: Rumen - 06-01-2016, 07:18 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (8)

Can anyone confirm that the stock Bluetooth module is functioning with Remix Os?

Status of Bluetooth in Android Lolipop
Posted by: Rumen - 06-01-2016, 07:10 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

Does the stock bluetooth module currently work under android? I've heard some conflicting statements around and I just wanted to clear it up for sure.

Music Getting analog audio/sound to work (headphones socket) on debian
Posted by: pfeerick - 06-01-2016, 03:15 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (7)

Hi,

I've finally started playing with my Pine64+ board, and have been able to get both ubuntu and debian systems up and running thanks to the great work by longsleep and lenny. I am setting up a headless system which will probably be a lightweight webserver / database server for sensors and a few other bits and pieces... not 100% sure yet. However, in the meantime, since I have it sat on my desk atm, I thought it would be fun to hook it up to some internet radio, and let it do that for a while... but how do I get the audio to work? I don't have anything plugged into the HDMI, so can't use that for audio. And nothing seems to be coming out of the headphones jack, although mplayer seems to be playing fine, bar an error about the output device!!!

I started with the Debian Base (3.10.65 BSP) image, and applied the Debian Base (3.10.65 BSP) rootfs (although I suspect I didn't actually need too! Rolleyes ) from pine64.pro. I then updated uboot and the kernel with the included scripts. I setup my wireless connection, and ditched the eithernet cord. I changed the built-in user, and have SSH working. So everything else seems to be working so far. I noticed there was a mplayer-play script, but didn't even let mplayer run - mplayer stops due to no hardware device (e.g.  /usr/local/sbin/mplayer-play.sh http://80.237.154.83:8120), whereas a simple mplayer http://80.237.154.83:8120 at least comes back with errors. Does anyone have any thoughts what I should do... is there something else I need to install or configure, or is this one of those "it doesn't work yet" bits? I came across another thread, but it didn't have any useful information anymore as links seem to have changed... I tried installing the alsa-tools alsa-utils libsound2 etc but that didn't send to help... I haven't tried adding pulseaudio yet.

Thanks in advance,
Pete

Code:
Connecting to server 80.237.154.83[80.237.154.83]: 8120...
Name   : Radio Landsberg International from Germany: Inter-cultural & multi-lingual
Genre  : International
Public : yes
Bitrate: 128kbit/s
Cache size set to 320 KiB
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)
Detected file format: Audio only
Selected audio codec: MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 layers I, II, III [mpg123]
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/9.07% (ratio: 16000->176400)
AO: [pulse] Init failed: Connection refused
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No
 file or directory
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such
 or directory
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such f
or directory
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4738:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
[AO_ALSA] Playback open error: No such file or directory
[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
[JACK] cannot open server
[AO SDL] Samplerate: 44100Hz Channels: Stereo Format s16le
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No
 file or directory
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such
 or directory
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such f
or directory
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: conf.c:4738:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
[AO SDL] Unable to open audio: No available audio device
AO: [null] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...
A:   2.2 (02.1) of -0.0 (unknown)  0.7% 35%
ICY Info: StreamTitle='Dick Charlesworth _ His City Gents - That_s When I_ll Come Back To You';StreamUrl
tp://www.radiolandsberg.international';
A:  41.2 (41.2) of -0.0 (unknown)  0.6% 45%

Just some further information...

I added pulseaudio, and it got rid of the error, but didn't seem to be able to configure it (had no idea what I was doing though either!!).

I plugged my computer monitor which has HDMI audio output option, rebooted the pine and tried mplayer again... and it worked, but was clicking. I seemed to remember that that exact issue was the bug report I linked above, so I thought I'd just remove pulseaudio and try without it. Another reboot, and HDMI audio does indeed work, but for the steam I'm using as a test, it only plays the intro file, and then mp3123 gives up... whereas if I play from a SSH terminal with no HDMI audio, it get error messages, but at least it seems to continue onto playing the current track....

Lightbulb We Need a Pine64 School Please!
Posted by: MashaT22 - 06-01-2016, 01:44 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

Idea time!  Wink  I don't know whether the Pine64 team will see this, but it seems like there are many people who have purchased Pine64 as their first dev board -- myself included! Just from web browsing, I see that dev boards from various brands can be very different in specs, capabilities, etc. It makes it pretty overwhelming for a new person to try to pick up and learn, especially when Pine64 is so brand new and there are few resources out there for beginners. Much of the Internet talk about Pine64 tends to be at the expert level. So us new folk are pretty much left to our own devices (no pun intended Big Grin )! If we weren't interested in learning how to use Pine, we wouldn't have gotten it for ourselves. By reading the questions on here on the forum and elsewhere, it's clear that us new-folk need a single resource geared towards adults and kids who have zero experience with dev boards.

That said, I'm wondering if the team and/or any expert souls, might be interested in creating a website that's dedicated to teaching new adults and kids how to use Pine64. I'd love to see modules geared toward getting started, what can potentially be done with Pine64, showing us what the various parts (ie: wires, modules, sensors, adapters, etc.) are meant to do, and then get into teaching us how to accomplish various Pine64 projects (including what materials/parts are needed). Once you get past the basic, you could gear lessons and projects to various interests like coding, making, gaming, etc. and organize them like lesson plans with videos photos, and pictures to guide us through. I

I'm thinking this should be one website dubbed The Pine64 Classroom, The Pine64 Project, Pine64EDU, Pine64 University, etc. I'd love to see the Pine team officially take this on as a project since they've said they are really into education and want to see Pine used in schools, but it'd be neat if someone with extra time on their hands wanted to do something like this unofficially too (or help the team get it done)!

I'm pretty certain there would be interest, not just from individuals like me, but also parents, teachers (from K-12 and university level), curious teens, etc. And with the right educational support for beginners, Pine would likely sell even more boards . . . after all, I haven't seen any such resource made by any of the other major players (ie: RasPi) . . . and even if the major players do have such a thing, that's all the more reason for Pine to create such a resource too!

I hope this can happen and ASAP!! I'd love to hear whether any other newbies would find a Pine64 school of sorts useful! (And btw, courses could theoretically be designed for all skill levels!) Free access would be nice (I bet Pine could even ask companies to help sponsor such an endeavor) so that everyone at any age would have access, but it would be worth it even if I had to pay a small one-time fee. Or maybe it could be free to educators, kids, etc. I'm sure that could all be sorted out. I just really think this is important to getting new people interested in learning to use Pine straight from experts who made it and know how to use it best!

. . . . . thoughts anyone?!

Question What "Extras" (aka Essentials) To Order
Posted by: MashaT22 - 06-01-2016, 12:59 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

Hi all! Smile

I'm a noob to dev boards. Never touched one. Never even seen one up close (unless you count through my computer screen). No RasPi's, no nothing. Pine64 is literally going to be my first (cue the "aww" in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . awwwwww!) I am very curious about tech and learning, so when I saw Pine64's campaign, features, and price point, I decided it was time for me to dive in and see what dev boards are all about. Whether I'll end up using Pine64 for making, gaming, programming, a spare computer and/or a host of other possibilities remains to be seen.

Success often depends on starting off on the right foot. I'm a very, VERY patient person by nature, and I know I'll screw up as I'm experimenting with my Pine, but I'd like things to go well from the moment I get started.

That said, while I'm waiting on my Playbox Rewards to arrive (with the upgraded 2gb Pine64), it occurred to me that I probably won't have everything I need to get started out of the box. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I figure it's best to ask people who know what they're doing. When I open the box, will I have all the necessary cords for and doodads for things like the included LCD touchscreen, wifi/BT card, etc.? I know a power supply is included, but there's no mention of other cords.

I'm also interested in add-ons and their accompanying cords and doodads. I'm not sure if I'm getting in over my head from the start (please speak up if you think I am!). but I've been checking out:

Power

• I've been looking at the 8000mAh battery. I assume that would be good for when I don't want to be tethered to a cord, like when using the Playbox setup or making some projects, right? (You can be honest if you don't think this or anything else I'm mentioning is needed . . . again, I'm a noob who is just figuring, lol.)
  • One of the RTC battery backups, but I don't know if the AAA battery or coin cell is better.
Accessories

I think I'm mostly good here. I have headphones, etc. However . . .
  • If I already own a Bluetooth keyboard with mouse touch pad (no dongle) that I use with a Dell tablet, can I use that? Let me know if you need to know the brand of the keyboard/mouse I own. Or must I go with a dongle setup for keyboard and mouse for using with Pine?
Adapters and Cables

I have no clue if I need any of the adapters/cords listed, whether for the basic items I'm getting or the modules I'm thinking about (see below).
  • I may already have spare HDMI cables around the house, so I would think those would be fine if I need one.
Modules

The modules scare me a bit! I have no clue what some of them do and whether I'd need them . . . and if I get them, then what do I need from the above categories to plug 'em in and make them work? I'm sort of interested in getting:
  • Adding the 5 mp camera seems like a useful thing. I think it just plugs into the main board, right?
  • Push Button is like an off/off switch (unless there are other uses I'm unaware of). That seems like a handy no-brainer.
  • Zwave seems neat for home automation, but is that too complicated for a newbie to try?
  • What are POT boards and what's the difference between the two types listed?
  • What's a USB serial programmer?
  • What's the Wifi remote module used for?
Here's another thing I should mention: I'm getting a bunch of stuff from the LattePanda campaign on Kickstarter where I pledged for the Hardware Dev Kit. (I know Pine has Windows in their Pipeline, but I decided that in the unlikely event that I find Pine a bit out of my league to start, then I'll have a more familiar Windows-based dev board.) I don't know any of LP's items (ie: sensors, etc.) will be compatible with Pine64 or are redundant with any of Pine's add-ons. If any experts here know how to determine this, it might help me a great deal. I've included a link to the campaign page above in case you need more specs info, but the reward I'm getting is the $209 Dev Kit (which includes the items in the $149 Enhanced Kit) and essentially comes with:

[Image: 88519cbe76641c545e9607dd03f4042f_origina...38dc9f2c6a]
Well, thanks SO much if you read to this point! I am really interested in learning to use my Pine for all sorts of things. I don't want to open the box when it arrives and feel like wtf did I get myself into?! Huh Cry Hopefully, all will go well once I'm setup and learn the basics. I appreciate any input on what I need or may be useful to get started! This way I can already put in an order for those items rather than waiting for my Pine to arrive.

Thanks a million!  Smile

Dissatisfaction
Posted by: UnixOutlaw - 05-31-2016, 11:59 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (20)

Generally dissatisfied with EVERYTHING about Pine64.  Hardware (bowed "warp" on both 2GB Pine64 boards), software and this forum.

Nothing works...   

No Bluetooth working in Linux or Android (i.e. with the "stock" Pine supplied Wifi/BT module-cum-hat).

Only ONE single build of any Operating System for the "stock" LCD Touchpanel (and no root) that Pine sells - and that is Android (which I really have no use for).

Has anyone here read "The Cathedral and the Bazaar"...   This forum doesn't fit either model, in fact I'd use the example "The Cathedral, the Bazaar and the Refugee Camp Run-by-some-inept-organization"...

The "documentation" is a hideous tangled chaotic nightmare...

C'mon people - I had no idea that kickstarter pledge rewards were for Alpha testing of pre-beta hardware and Alpha software!

I might just start swearing again till I'm banned - I get no help in here anyway...