Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,340

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
10 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 90
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 757
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 59
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,359
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,656
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 162
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,453
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 167
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 91

new 2gb board not booting to known good image
Posted by: mythocelt - 06-03-2016, 09:28 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (3)

Hi,

Any help would be appreciated. I already have one pine 64 1GB board that I have working just fine. It was a demo board that I received and gave a talk on at the local linux users group. The 1GB board boots just fine to the Andriod 5.1.1 image.

I received my new Pine64 2GB board and tried booting it with the same known good working image and it does not boot. This is on a Samsung 32GB microSD card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Add-ons WTF
Posted by: atrueresistance - 06-03-2016, 08:48 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

So excited to get my pine in the mail today. My first impressions were not great. There were no directions or anything inside the packaging. I went to the kickstarter to look at what orientation the wifi card needed to be placed. I'm at a complete loss on how to attach the temp/humidity sensor though. Can anyone explain how this gets connected? I almost feel like i'm missing a cable they forgot to ship with it.

high pitched noise / coil whine?
Posted by: robertvaldimarsson - 06-03-2016, 03:19 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hello forum.

Is anyone else hearing a high pitched pulsing sound from their pine? I suspect coil whine, which is annoying, but can't really be much done about. But if that is true, there should be more people experiencing the same thing.

VLAN 802.1Q support
Posted by: braynshock - 06-03-2016, 08:57 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

I've been using the longsleep ubuntu build and working on trying to use it as a gateway between two networks among other things. managed to get iptables up and running, got my static routing and DNS caching working. But I went to add sub interfaces to the eth0 port, and have run into a problem of not having the 8021q kernel module. Sadly its been several years since i've recompiled a kernel, and i see all the repos in the wiki and these forums but not sure i know what packages to install to recompile the kernel to add in VLAN support.

Has anyone else done that?

Is there a 'recompile pine64 kernel for dummies' thread that i'm missing?

Thanks for any pointers.

EDIT:
Never mind... I managed to completely miss the post by longsleep.

dose the debian-mate-jessie-lenny.raposo image support lcd display?
Posted by: MicroDiery - 06-03-2016, 07:37 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (1)

I bought a LCD display module justnow
I want to know if the debian-mate-jessie-lenny.raposo image support lcd display or not?
Thanks

Wink Quite happy my pine has arrived :)
Posted by: stephen0205 - 06-03-2016, 07:11 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

Well my pine 64 finally arrived.

No case but that can totally wait, got the wifi adapter as well. Overall pretty happy. Board looks pretty slick, bigger than i was expecting. 

Turns out my pc and card reader don't like that phoenix software for burning images to the micro sd cards. And then my card reader would not support my 64gb micro sd card (pain in the ***). But i found a spare 8gb micro sd.

Used another program, win 32 disk image thingey. Got the rooted android 5.1.1 on it. Had kodi downloaded before on a spare flash drive.

Fired it in the thing, plugged in, it booted up. Android ran pretty not bad, its slower than i was expecting, but i have faith in future updates we got some nice hardware acceleration and some tweaking and were totally golden.

So i installed kodi and ran the fusion addon installed, been watching supernatural for hours. Hard to do a reboot at one point, the screen was jerking around like up and down, even out of kodi, i presume i found a little glitch there.

But overall. I have seen so many people complain about the board, so i thought i should say something nice. It took a little while to arrive. So what ive had kickstarters take over a year before. The software is in no way polished. It will come dont worry. Hopefully it brings my plastic case too Smile, but it suits my needs. Its replacing the amazon fire tv stick. Which runs like dog **** with kodi.

So overall, love it. And it can only get better :Smile thanks guys, good job.

[Image: IMG_20160603_140019_HDR_zpsbo8ig8vv.jpg]

Hdmi To VGA
Posted by: pine771 - 06-03-2016, 12:30 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (7)

Hello, i have used my pine with the tv and it works perfectly. However, i wanted to use with an old screen if a cpu and i bought  a hdmi-vga cable but when i connect all, in the screen it says format video incorrect or something like that, i think the format of the screens is not  1080*1920 or 1280*720 is that a problem?

Tracking Package to Wrong State
Posted by: Bluphire - 06-02-2016, 09:24 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

I have been tracking my package and it now says the destination is a completely different state than mine. Also, no activityon the tracking since May 2. What gives?

Matt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LCD screen not powering on
Posted by: Dnode - 06-02-2016, 06:35 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (16)

Hi All,

I bought the 7" LCD touch screen with my order.  I believe I have connected it correctly, when I power on the pine board the screen does not turn on.

The HDMI port is working and I was able to boot into Ubuntu, so the board itself is working.

Any ideas what it might be?  Maybe the screen is DOA....

Order shipped for pri mail 2-day, no updates for a week
Posted by: Zellio - 06-02-2016, 04:36 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (6)

Hey, what is going on with this order?  It's order
#102332046.  It seems to be stuck in purgatory.  The only update is 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS'