Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,340

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
10 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 90
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 757
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 59
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,359
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,656
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 162
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,453
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 167
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 91

32bit Java on 64bit OS ???
Posted by: tomekr - 06-05-2016, 05:41 AM - Forum: openHAB - Replies (2)

Hi All
Can I install 32 bit Jdk on 64 -bin Deoebian  OS ?
I try to install openhab2 b3 but  I have problem with Z-wave USB Stick ( I heard that is problem with serial devices in 64bit JDK )

I get 
Linux debianpine64 3.10.101-4-pine64-longsleep #51 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 26 18:20:37 CEST 2016 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Regards

Stuck at Remix OS logo
Posted by: leongzhi - 06-05-2016, 02:18 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (9)

My Pine was booting up fine until recently. Now its just stuck at the remix OS logo. I just want to know what might have caused this. Its irritating.

Using a 2GB board.

2 pine64 + 2 wifi/bluetooth module for SALE
Posted by: choral - 06-04-2016, 08:02 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Here's the listing and the photo. Thanks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122006407085

turn off display after inactivity
Posted by: Blindstealer - 06-04-2016, 03:36 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

May seem a trivial issue... but there is a way to turn off the screen after an inactivity period?

I am using a pine 64, latest rooted android installed (5.1.1) to run kodi.
On android only thing i can do is to exit kodi after a timeout, but there is no option to turn off monitor/system unlike kodi for pc.

So I am looking for an alternative way to turn off the hdmi signal from the pine64 so that the tv will shutdown after no source signal is detected.

Expired tracking number?
Posted by: itsokimbatman - 06-04-2016, 02:55 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (36)

I am a KS backer and got my EMS shipping number (LS888452733CN) on May 27. The tracking info was never updated and today it's showing as "Expired." Wanted to ask here first... Any idea what's going on?

Shipping to Canada via EMS - No tracking details 1 week after shippment email
Posted by: eltoddo - 06-04-2016, 02:47 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (6)

I've tried searching this sub-forum to see if anyone else is having trouble with this, but it doesn't seem like others aren't having issues getting their tracking info...

I got an email on May 27, 2016 saying that my order had shipped; 8 days ago as of time of this writing. The order appears to have shipped via EMS to Canada. Since I got the tracking details, I check every couple days, but neither EMS' own site nor any other tracking websites show any tracking info.

EMS' website shows this error: "No tracking information for the shipment, or overdue tracking."
Other sites show messages to the same effect.

Is this happening for everyone having their package shipped via EMS? Maybe just for those receiving shipments to Canada? Maybe it's just mine?

Figured I'd post here before trying to contact customer service. I know those folks are pretty busy right now.

SSH'ing?
Posted by: joshdude58 - 06-04-2016, 01:14 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (7)

How do I SSH into my Pine? I have made sure openssh was installed (although I ran the commands and it was already installed) and checked the status to make sure it was running and listening on port 22. I haven't made a new account on the machine, only changed the password. I have tried to SSH from my phone and it doesn't work, and using the terminal on a computer, I get the error of "xxx.xx.xx.x port 22: Connection refused". Please let me know if there's a way to fix this, thanks!

I am running the jessie image of Debian.

Extreme slowness
Posted by: Jakeiscrazy - 06-04-2016, 10:11 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (2)

Hey guys,

I just installed Remix OS on my Pine 64 and am experiencing extreme slowness. Every click takes several minutes to process. For example opening chrome takes almost 5 whole minutes and I've never been able to do anything after that. It just freezes up.  I'm not sure why I'm having this issue as everyone else seems to not be having trouble.

I used Win32 to burn the image because Phoneix was giving me a "Script not found error" that I couldn't fix. The card is a Sandisk 64gb with a claimed 80mb/s transfer speed. 

Thanks in advance!

freenas on pine64, help!
Posted by: salvolnn - 06-04-2016, 03:57 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

Hello everyone!
I also bought me this amazing product.
I would like to make a nas with freenas and I would like to know who is more experienced, how can I do.
freenas can be installed on 64-bit architectures arm but do not know the steps to do ...
can someone help me?

Helpful Hint: HDMI-to-DVI cables do not work on PINE64
Posted by: aegrotatio - 06-03-2016, 10:17 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

This is a common problem with Allwinner H3 devices that are connected to a DVI monitor using a HDMI-to-DVI cable or HDMI-to-DVI adapter on Android and Linux (Ubuntu, Ubuntu Mate, Debian, etc.).

In other devices, we run the "h3disp" command from Armbian h3disp to tell the system to do special things to allow HDMI-to-DVI displays to work.  The relevant option is "-d" which enables some kind of magical HDMI-to-DVI adapter enablement.

I've confirmed that my own PINE64 system won't work with HDMI-to-DVI cable, so I have successfully remotely logged into it from the network, so I'm assured that the device and software are not faulty.

What's the equivalent of "h3disp" to enable HDMI-to-DVI adapters?  I don't want to replace my (almost) perfectly good DVI monitors just because of this.  Raspberry Pi works without any modifications, while Orange Pi One and Orange Pi PC all work fine when they're told how to use HDMI-to-DVI adapters using h3disp.  What do I need to do in order to make PINE64 work in this situation?

Thanks in advance.  Maybe it's a fex file modification?  I'm not sure.