Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,340

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
8 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 85
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 756
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 58
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,354
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,654
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 160
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,453
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 165
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 91

Mapping Euler bus DC in and 5v DC out pins
Posted by: g_t_j - 06-02-2016, 03:46 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (8)

Can anyone please -based on this image http://wiki.pine64.org/images/7/7d/Pine6...nector.png - map the exact pins used to power the board as well as those 2 that provide 5V? 

Sorry if I've missed it but I couldn't find more info.

i2c-bus kernel modules
Posted by: robertvaldimarsson - 06-02-2016, 02:42 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (15)

Hello forum.

I am running debian on a pine64 (2GB) and i want to access a device on the i2c-bus.

While two busses show up (/dev/i2c-0 and i2c-1) i can not see my device using i2cdetect.

I tried "modprobe i2c-dev" but it does not show up in lsmod after that. Usually there also has to be a kernel module for the processor (i2c_bcm2xxx) that is loaded before i2c-dev, but i can't find it. Is it implemented yet for the cortex 53?

Does anyone have ideas what i could try next? Afaik a change in the /boot/config has to be made for the raspberry pi3. Is there maybe a similar change neccessary for the pine?

a bit more data maybe:

Code:
root@pine64pro:/home/debian# ls -l /dev/i2c-*
crw-rw---- 1 root i2c 89, 0 Jun  2 19:51 /dev/i2c-0
crw-rw---- 1 root i2c 89, 1 Jun  2 19:51 /dev/i2c-1

Code:
root@pine64pro:/home/debian# i2cdetect -l
i2c-0    i2c           twi0                                I2C adapter
i2c-1    i2c           twi1                                    I2C adapter

Code:
root@pine64pro:/home/debian# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
vfe_v4l2              747618  0
vfe_io                 34085  1 vfe_v4l2
mali                  199851  0
videobuf2_dma_contig    17668  1 vfe_v4l2
videobuf2_memops       12546  1 videobuf2_dma_contig
videobuf2_core         30952  1 vfe_v4l2
ss                     33083  0
cedar_ve               17368  0
8723bs               1365012  0
cfg80211              374207  1 8723bs

2 shipment trackid's: one is en-route and one is expired??
Posted by: hvandrie - 06-02-2016, 02:00 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (5)

Hi,

I received my shipment tracking info last week, only... upon checking now:

one shipment is en-route, jippie!  Cool
one shipment tracking id says: expired?!  Huh

What does that mean?

Thanks for any (fast) replies.

Brick Enable Ethernet Rooted 5.1.1 (05/05)
Posted by: Rumen - 06-02-2016, 01:27 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Preface: Running A64+ 2GB board with a 16GB Sandisk class 10 card running Android Rooted 5.1.1 2016/05/05 release found here.

How does one enable ethernet within android? I can get the wifi working just fine however I can't seem to find any options to enable/configure ethernet within the OS.

The only thing close I can find is under data usage you can track data over ethernet, however every time I click it the settings panel crashes.

I've tried using both in 1Gbps and 100mbps mode (by using a switch, verified to be working at 100mbps with other hardware) and the Ethernet just won't work. 

Anyone had any luck getting the ethernet working within android on this board?

Veracrypt not launching?
Posted by: Labape - 06-02-2016, 11:57 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (3)

Hey all, question for you.  I have my Pine up and running with Ubuntu and the Mate GUI.  I'm trying to install some 3rd party encryption, specifically Veracrypt at this point and I'm having some difficulty.  I have a basic working knowledge of Linux, but am still quite a noob when it comes to anything other than the basics so please bear with me.

I have installed the software manually (apt-get failed to install it) and it appears to have installed, but when I run it, nothing happens.  If I attempt to run it from the terminal, I get a syntax error (

I guess my first question is will Veracrypt run on Mate?  And if so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

After KS sales (16x boards) has yet to ship
Posted by: pineresearch - 06-02-2016, 08:19 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (11)

Hello.

I ordered 16x boards after KS, on the PROMISE ON THE WEBSITE that said "It'll ship late May but not later". Well it's 2nd of June now, and it's not shipped yet.

Tllim is ignoring me as usual, and I'm pretty displeased with this customer service as a whole. This is level of crap service is a road to disaster.

Don't ignore people who spend a lot of money on this. It'll cause only grief for you and your company.
Also, don't break sales promises. That's a trade violation illegal in several countries.

Docker build
Posted by: UnixOutlaw - 06-02-2016, 07:33 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

I'd originally planned to run my two 2GB Pine64+ boards as Docker "servers" anyway - so I'm following these series of guides :

https://github.com/umiddelb/z2d/tree/master/pine64

and :

https://github.com/apritzel/pine64

and thanks to @longsleep for providing us bootstraps - and no disprespect intended to @longsleep in my earlier rants and tirades...

Chat integration
Posted by: Luke - 06-02-2016, 06:03 AM - Forum: Community and Events - No Replies

Hi all, 

Just letting you all know that IRC chat is now accessible directly from the forums. The Chat icon is located in the top bar (see attachment) next to: FB, Twitter, Wiki, etc. 

You can still use a dedicated client if you wish as per these instructions. 

Luke

[edit] kind request: I had two people report issues connecting using the new system. If you experience issues, please let  me know in this post. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

64bit Docker
Posted by: UnixOutlaw - 06-01-2016, 10:34 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (4)

This is really what I bought 2 x 2GB Pine64+ boards for :

https://github.com/apritzel/pine64

https://github.com/umiddelb/z2d/tree/master/pine64

I've decided that NOTHING provided by anyone at Pine is going to be of any use.  So gonna build my own use above guides.

I might put the Pine touchpanel on my BananaPI (unfortunately it doesn't have a touch interface connector on the board), shame because what I was hoping was to have a dedicated 64 bit ARM / RISC docker machine, and one that I could run Debian and some X server with touch-panel that I could easily switch to Console only mode...

Not having Bluetooth is a really PITA - but I'll live with that DISFUNCTIONAL aspect of the Pine "stock" WiFi/BT module - and wire in USB keyb/mouse combo - or just use UART and SSH.

Broken standoff on acrylic case
Posted by: RonRN18 - 06-01-2016, 08:58 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (4)

I just received my backer kit that came with the open acrylic case. One of the four standoffs or supports for the board was broken off, leaving a divet in the acrylic. I'm not really sold on this particular case, I would prefer a completely enclosed case obscuring the board from vision, but this is what was offered in my kit. I know many people like to show off their "creations" but I'm a bit more humble and prefer the black box of mystery. I'm not sure if there is any broken item replacements in a Kickstarter project, nor am I wanting this as my "forever" case for my device. Any ideas or advice? 

BTW, I haven't actually installed the OS on my device... just putting it together at this time but should be attempting that in the next hour or so.

[Image: AcrylicCase.jpg]