Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,531
» Latest member: lavabrilliant
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,343

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 71
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 176
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 10:32 PM
» Views: 113
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 760
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,426
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,672
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 165
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,456
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 93

WIFI/BT Power Supply / VBAT-EXT
Posted by: xalius - 06-15-2016, 01:10 PM - Forum: Wifi/BT Module - Replies (3)

I was just browsing the schematics for the Pine from the Wiki. On page 15 of the schematic where the connections for the WIFI/BT module are made, there is a direct connection between VCC-WIFI (the module supply) and VBAT-EXT (the external battery voltage after the current sensing shunt). What is the reason for that, couldn't that cause trouble in some setups?

Pine64 is slow... is it because I have Remix OS 8gb on 64g SD?
Posted by: jousley - 06-15-2016, 12:51 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (7)

Hi guys, 

So finally after a order two chargers off of Amazon and rewriting my SD card about ten times I have successfully booted Remix OS. My concern is that it is very slow and crashes a fair amount. They only way I've managed to boot it is by download and using the Remix V2.0 designed for 8bg on a 64g SD card. I was wondering if this will be contributing to the slow performance?

Thanks,

Josh

How to install Touch Screen?
Posted by: firelegend - 06-15-2016, 10:03 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

I got the kit that included the touchscreen and a few other things I am not even sure what they are Big Grin don't have the case yet which I know is on the way, does anyone have photos of how to install the touch screen correctly? I would like to use it for the first time with that, or do I need to attach it to a monitor and keyboard before I can setup the touch screen? I've not turned my pine64 on yet :Big Grin was hoping the OS was already on the mini SD but from the look of the forum here I may need to make a boot card.

Swap out cards with multiple OSs?
Posted by: BeerSnob - 06-15-2016, 09:18 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Logic dictates this is possible, but thought I'd throw a quick question about it....

I have Remix OS 2.0 up and running....can I get another SD card and install, say a linux img on it and swap it out at any time?

Thanks
Fitz

I just burned my board
Posted by: coolnine98 - 06-15-2016, 07:49 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (13)

I have / had pine 64+ 1gb board and it was working great with Ubuntu.

I accidentally connected my spare battery (i didn't check and it was 7V) to battery terminal and I saw big spark and power went off. Now, when I try to power on my board, it turns ON (I can see the power red light) but without a sd card. Once i see the power lights On, I insert my sd card, power light gets turns off and nothing on screen. And If I turn on my board with sd card inserted, it wont turn on, No power light.

So did I toast my board? if yes then why it still turn on without a sd card inserted and turns off when sd card inserted?

Any idea.

Thanks

Working towards Android TV
Posted by: tomgeekery - 06-15-2016, 05:25 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

Background:

I bought two 2GB boards with wifi module.

My intention was that one of those boards would replace my Raspberry PI running OpenElec as my media center. I have Kodi and Netflix installed from the play store. My main issue preventing the move is a better control mechanism than a wireless mouse.

So, like others here I would like to get the android remote working. The problem others have reported with that is that the remote doesn't pick up the pine as an android tv. To me, that says that something running on a "real" android tv isn't running on our current android builds. Searching for what that was eventually led me to:

Android Player Binaries

The binaries from Google in that table include 'Remote'. Sounds promising...

Downloading and extracting it gives me three apk files. The one I'm most interested in is AtvRemoteService.apk. I copied all three into my system apps directory of the mounted sd card. I also copied the libiperf.so file into a lib directory.

After booting, the Android TV Remote now detects PINE64 as a TV on my network. Big Grin I click connect, and my phone prompts for a 4 digit code, which is displayed on my TV. Unfortunately, that's when things go wrong. After I enter the code AtvRemoteService crashes. 

Those of you with programming experience will probably realise my error. The .so file I mentioned will be a compiled binary targeting a specific cpu architecture. The nexus player it was for is not a 64bit arm processor, so it isn't going to work on the pine. Fortunately, I've been able to track down that library down as iperf. The down side is that nearly all my programming experience is in the Windows world.

The following commands are as far as I've gone in building iperf for the pine on my ubuntu 14.04 box.

Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu
git clone https://github.com/esnet/iperf.git
./configure --prefix=$prefix --target=aarch64-none-linux
make
make install

I'm not 100% sure that's the right architecture to use etc. My wife is watching the tv, so I can't test the new .so file tonight. I'll post again with any further progress I make.

Return of faulty board
Posted by: fdx - 06-15-2016, 04:24 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (5)

Board I got is faulty somehow.
I tried every single image, tried phynix, winimage, DD on linux every single way on multiple SD cards (2GB, 4GB, up to 16 and even 32GB - more than 10 different SD cards) 

No luck at all...

Sometimes I can see for bries second starting up logo (penguin with moving txt on screen) then dissapears and nothing else. Even red light goes down.

I have enough  of "fun" and I would like to replace board with the working one or return for full refund.

I've send email to support but no answer at all...

I understand guys are busy but if success of the board is too much for you to handle maybe its time to find someone that would do that for you.

Best OS to try for newbie with a Mac?
Posted by: markd - 06-15-2016, 03:05 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

Hi got my pine board and am trying at the moment to find an image of Remix OS that will unzip properly on my Mac and load onto the SD card i have. While i am waiting I was wondering if this was the best OS for the total newbie or would anyone out there have other suggestions? Hope I'm not shouting into an empty room.

Exclamation Adding of WiFi/BT board causing reboots
Posted by: mmb - 06-14-2016, 08:44 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (7)

After reading all the hell people were going through getting their boards up, I decided to keep it simple and focused on getting my A64+ booting RemixOS without any additional modules.  Just Ethernet, HDMI and power.  I didn't even solder on the power and reset buttons yet.  After a few hours of close reading of the forums (the wiki is next to useless), I was able to get RemixOS up and running.  Hooray!

I opened a bunch of apps, watched a movie via Netflix and all seemed to be going well.

Then I tried to install a 4K video player from the Play Store and it failed claiming I wasn't authorized.  On a hunch, I thought it might be related to the lack of location data, so then I tried installing the Pine WiFi/BT module and trouble started.

Predictably, there are zero instructions, but it seemed simple enough given it really only fits one way.  So I popped the W/BT board on the header pins and plugged in the power.  The Pine A64 logo immediately appeared on the screen and about 5 seconds later, the screen lost sync, went black, before the Pine logo appeared again.  And again. And again.  It loops indefinitely...

Anyone have a work around for this?

Thanks,
MMB

Debian Video Performance/"Driver" Install
Posted by: Fawks - 06-14-2016, 07:23 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (8)

So basically I've installed the debian image form the downloads page of the pine64 website, and everything went perfectly. Only problem I have is that video performance is horrible. (lagging animations, choppy youtube video, downloaded video files won't open, etc) Pretty sure I need to install a codec to play the video files - haven't gotten around to installing the codecs or VLC. I'm assuming there's a driver I need to install for the gpu. I tried installing one, and got confused (kinda new to this), so any help is greatly appreciated Smile