Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,530
» Latest member: MichaelPat
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,343

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
31 minutes ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 67
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 173
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 10:32 PM
» Views: 113
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 760
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,413
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,670
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 164
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,455
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 93

Is HDCP absolutely needed?
Posted by: diwou - 06-14-2016, 05:57 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (7)

Hi,

I have several screens. But only on one screen I didn't have a black screen. The only difference is HDCP. At my TV with HDCP it works fine. But none of my other screens (all without HDCP) works. I have screens with HDMI, DP and DVI. Native resolution is 1920*1080 and 1920*1200. At this screens, rasperry pi, odroid c2 and xu4 and many other things works perfectly. Only the pine didn't work.

How can I disable HDCP? And why is HDCP enabled?

Thanks!

DOA 2GB Pine
Posted by: mrgoose - 06-14-2016, 05:22 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (26)

I received my 2GB Pine yesterday, so was pleased to see it after such a long wait.

However, there is no HDMI output, the box is dead. I've tried with 2A / 3A (specific for RPI etc) chargers, different images, removing all peripherals when booting up etc  etc etc. I've gone through the '6 most common problems' - all fine from my perspective.

Nothing, no HDMI output of any form. I get a red light (well, that's useful... wtf change the red/green indicator in pre-prod to make it just show power. Stupid)

I wondered if it was down to dodgy EDID, not so, tried on several TV's, monitors etc. I used to work for a broadcaster doing linux system engineering, so I have access to diagnostic tools and a pretty good idea of debugging.. Nothing at all. Dead.

Really disappointed but that's life. 

So, what's my recourse for a refund. By any luck I should get that next year due to the pace this has been going so far.

Provide power in via Pi-2 header
Posted by: BenCranston - 06-13-2016, 07:55 PM - Forum: DC Power In - Replies (22)

Is it possible to provide power to the Pine64 via the Pi-2 header.  I understand the Euler power can be used for this, but I'm specifically after pushing 5V in via pins 2 & 4 via the Pi-2 header.  Can someone verify that I'll not damage the Pine doing that?  I've got a Pi-Hat that provides power, supervision & backup battery.  It's a "back power" design  : https://github.com/raspberrypi/hats  the link talks about powering via the GPIO header.

Thoughts?

Screen Rotation
Posted by: LavosPhoenix - 06-13-2016, 05:13 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

How does one rotate the screen? I'm using a standard HDMI monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080, but in a Portrait orientation and none of the display settings allow you to rotate the screen like you can do with any other type of hardware. I assume you can do that with Android but all the android or remix OS builds are extremely laggy plus after the half hour it takes to load the play store, the OS crashes. So unless you have a fix for that I need to know how to rotate the screen. I've seen that the debian or xubuntu mate/xfce builds boot up quickly and just fine. But still no rotation.

Rooted Android LCD 64GB Image
Posted by: modsbyus - 06-13-2016, 04:40 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

I have tried downloading the 64GB Android with LCD image 3 times today. Each time it has failed right at the end. It will be at 648/648 MB and just sit at 0b/'s. Anyone else having trouble with this particular download?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LCD 720p - for when?
Posted by: octopus - 06-13-2016, 03:38 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (20)

Hey,

my tv is a LCD 720p, 10 years old. I can't make the pine work on it yet.

I heard that an rooted lcd android image with default 720p will be released in the next weeks.
Will this fix my issue?

Thanks

From @tllim : "This monitoe only support 1080i or 720p according to TV manual. Most of the Pine A64 OS build display 1080p by default. On the Android built release, we will set the default mode to 720p. This release plan on next week."

My TV supports exactly the same modes. I can't see the release yet.

Ethernet not working on Android (my dicoverys)
Posted by: Apicalis - 06-13-2016, 03:24 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

You probably read about this problem several times. But i wanted to share with you what i could find out.

I got the 2GB Model of the Pine and I am using the Rooted Android 5.1.1 Image Release 20160428 [BETA]
I DON'T have the WiFi/Bluetooth Module.

After several tries of failure i decided to make a new clean installation and proceeded as follows:

- Install the Image
- Boot up the Pine with only the Power and HDMI connected
- Unplug the power after 10 minutes without doing anything else
- Wait another 10 minutes and hook up the Ethernet Cable and the Mouse and Keyboard
- The displayed time at the top right switch from 4 o'clock to the accurate time at that moment like there was a connection to a timeserver
- No Ethernet connection what so ever and the RJ45 Jack was blinking continiously
- The Pine is registered in the DHCP/DNS Services on the router. I knew clearly which IP it was since it was the only Android via LAN not WiFi. Also i checked it cmd ping while it was plugged in and out so i am 100% sure that it was the correct device.
- During the ping i noticed that i had a LOT of packet drops, since it was directly connected to the router where the pinging computer was also connected with a distance of 4 Meter cable. So there shouldnt have been even a single drop and i had about 25%-50%
- This lead me to believe that the Ethernet module might be busy trying to broadcast or something. But Wireshark gave me nothing. The only things i could see where my Pings and the registration when i plugged in the Ethernet Cable

And now comes another interesting observation

- My brother has the exact same Pine with the exact same configuration and the exact same SD card... BUT... he has the WiFi/Bluetooth module. And on his Pine64 the Ethernet connection worked after some time and pluggin it in and out.
- Same thing happened to another user on the Pine64 Chat

My conclusion: Either they downloaded some updates for Android before (unknowlingly) and this got it to work somehow  OR the Pine64 tries to find the not exisiting Wifimodule, even if it's deactivated. Just askin if it's there to go on with the program and use the Ethernet connection and thus getting stuck on that request.

Tomorrow my brother will bring his WiFi module and i am going to check it out and give you my results. I hope to help some people out with a bit deeper insight.

Kind regards

Martin aka. Apicalis

What does the silkscreen region mean?
Posted by: zhouer - 06-13-2016, 02:23 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

Hi,
There is a region enclosed by silkscreen lines on the front side, and there are also several connectors on the lines.
Does anyone know what are those for?
[Image: jhxUcMu.png]

Pine64 Boot help needed
Posted by: jousley - 06-13-2016, 11:45 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

Hi Guys, 
quick question surrounding the writing Remix OS to the SD card. I have successfully completed both using Win32 and phoenix card but my Pine 64 has yet to boot past the Pine64 opening screen. I just wondered how I could check the image has successfully been written to the SD card... I've ordered a power cable with the correct amps but just wanted to make sure I am actually writing the image correctly. 
Thanks,

Go programming language on the Pine64
Posted by: simonritchie - 06-13-2016, 11:25 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Just to confirm that the Go programming language runs on the Pine64.  This was announced in the Go forum a few days ago:  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/...mY7IKVMMyE.  The person who posted thate announcement is running it under Debian Linux.  I'm running it under Ubuntu Linux.

Just to expand on that posting, Go doesn't work on the Arm64 out of the box.  To get started you need to create an intermediate version of Go using another machine that already has Go running.  (I used an Intel-based system running Ubuntu.  You could also use a Windows system.)  Use these instructions:  https://golang.org/doc/install/source, in particular the section "Optional Environment Variables".  When you build your intermediate system, specify the arm64 as the target architecture using GOARCH and specify the target operating as linux using GOOS:

export GOARCH=arm64
export GOOS=linux

Use GOROOT_FINAL to specify the location where you want the result to be stored on your Pine64. 

Once it's built, copy the resulting files onto your Pine64 and put the directory containing the go command into your path.  That gives you a working Go compiler.  For a quick test, run:

go version

which should display some information about the go compiler. That it runs at all is a good sign.

You could just use this version of the go compiler but it's nicer to download the source code of the Go system onto the Pine64 and compile it all over again.  The compilation process takes about ten minutes and gives you a Go system that was created from source on the Pine64.   It also acts as a fairly thorough check that the compiler is working OK.

You only need to go through that rigmarole once.  After that, when a new version of Go comes out, you can compile it from source code using your existing compiler.

The Go compiler will only work if it's stored in the directory that you specified using GOROOT_FINAL when you built it - you can't move it around later.  It's a very good idea to store the final version in /usr/local/go, so you may want to put the intermediate cross-compiled version somewhere else.

To find out more about Go, visit https://golang.org.  (There again, if you don't already know about Go, you are probably not reading this posting.)

Happy Going.

Simon