Hi guys!

well there is some thins that i think are "Most Have"  to this board

GPIO IDE ( for linux )

like the one that the community are developing with C and Python ported for RPi
so examples about UART, I2C PWM , Analog In , SPI and general I/O
but cleaner and easier
good job for those that are working on that BTW

GPIO Example codes for Android

i'm planing to use one of  my pines for Android Only and wanted to use the GPIO ports from Android apps ( that I'll create  ) to run servos and some robotic stuff
so having example codes would be nice
so examples about UART, I2C PWM , Analog In , SPI and general I/O

Android and Linux Image's Build Guides

guides to be able to compile our own Images/Roms and imrove the developents like cyanogenmod , AOSP and many more
in linux, how about the port of Kali linux Big Grin and many other Linux distributions

Kernel Customization Guides
Well the name says everything -- to be able to add kernel modules or even upgrade the kernel version 

POT MODULES

such as GPS, LTE, Gyroscope, Barometer, DAC ,etc
if we can get the IDE and examples for Android the implementation of already available modules can be easier :Big Grin
and of course guides about the implementation with pine :Smile

well those are some of the things that  for me are Must have and if u have some more ideas pls post them Smile
and comment about what do you think about this
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
(07-04-2016, 07:57 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: 1) GPIO IDE ( for linux )

2) GPIO Example codes for Android

3) Android and Linux Image's Build Guides

4) Kernel Customization Guides

5) POT MODULES

1) I have been using RPi.GPIO-PineA64 from the github site / works well in both Python2 and Python3; on every gnu+linux distro provided so far debian (xfce, mate, and base), ubuntu, and arch... 

... I'm not sure what you mean by an IDE? The Raspberry PI doesn't have a GPIO IDE... whatever that is. You can use eclipse, or IDLE, and of course the Raspberry PI site has zillions of coding examples (many of them I put there myself). If I get your meaning, a GPIO IDE sounds interesting; an easy way to map pins visually with code / like a visual builder of sorts?

I think that Joan's pigpio library could be ported without too much trouble from her github site; pigpio is now built-in on the raspbian image for Raspberry PI. I also think that porting Gordon's wiringpi libraries would be doable. Both of those folks are active on the Raspberry PI forum, and Gordon is a moderator on the #raspbian channel at irc freenode. 

2) GPIO and Android (in the classical sense) doesn't make much sense. This is not something Android has really ever provided (show me a tablet or a phone that supports GPIO??) so not sure what you mean there either. Supporting GPIO from Android doesn't make much sense either from the standpoint that Java doesn't really support GPIO either ! Its an interesting idea as far as that goes; are you a Java developer?

3 & 4) Are you a kernel developer? lennyraposo and longsleep are active here, as well on the #pine64 channel at irc.pine64.xyz:6667 (you might approach them if you're willing to helpout with kernel building stuff)  

I am going to be working with the GPIO stuff to get that going a little faster. If you are a developer then dive in a pick a project. None of us can do everything... so pick something you're interested in and work on that; I'm going to be working on the GPIO stuff (that's where my interest is) although that does not mean I'm not interested in the kernel, but we all need to focus.

marcus
what is so difficult with doing a google search for "ide"? android has ioio , which gives android some similar functionality as gpio
(07-04-2016, 07:57 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: ...
Kernel Customization Guides

Well the name says everything -- to be able to add kernel modules or even upgrade the kernel version 
This guide might help you.
I know this is a bit of resurrection of a conversation that has gone cold, but I spotted this thread when looking for GPIO related stuff.

As far as an IDE, I believe the OP is taking is talking about something like the Adafruit WebIDE, which while I haven't used it in ages, was and probably still is a very nice tool when it came out. It would certainly be nice to see something like that come out for the Pine64, as it is just the sort of thing that makes it more accessible to beginners. 

With regards to Android, that would be a great idea also. Although Mark has commented (and quite rightly), that there are few (if any!) phones and tablets that GPIO manipulation, which is another market the Pine64 can take advantage of. Just imagine being able to make an Android app that can also control the GPIO pins. No boring web page... or terminal emulation... a native android app! Talk about a slick interface to your next project, when coupled with the pine64s own touchscreen!

That's my 2c anyway! Wink
thnaks mate for the support Smile ya i'm looking for this as well
see this thread that i started for more details and news
http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1950
hope to get the SDK next month as tltim claim Big Grin
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!