Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,530
» Latest member: MichaelPat
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,342

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: tllim
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 65
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
4 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 172
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 10:32 PM
» Views: 112
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 760
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 74
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,405
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,668
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 164
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,455
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 93

PPTP doesnt work with ubuntu
Posted by: escovedo - 06-11-2016, 10:57 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (2)

Hello
I have been trying to setup VPN with PPTP but it fails with following messages.
It says ppp_generic could not be found but i have no much question how i should do with this.
It is appreciated if i can have any advise from experts.

-----
 6月 12 11:37:13 localhost.localdomain pptpd[6912]: CTRL: Client 126.255.202.174 control connection started
 6月 12 11:37:13 localhost.localdomain pptpd[6912]: CTRL: Starting call (launching pppd, opening GRE)
 6月 12 11:37:13 localhost.localdomain pppd[6913]: Couldn't open the /dev/ppp device: No such device or address
 6月 12 11:37:13 localhost.localdomain pptpd[5651]: modprobe: FATAL: Module ppp_generic not found in directory /lib/modules/3.10.101-4-pine64-longsleep
 6月 12 11:37:43 localhost.localdomain pptpd[6912]: CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length.
 6月 12 11:37:43 localhost.localdomain pptpd[6912]: CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit)
 6月 12 11:37:43 localhost.localdomain pptpd[6912]: CTRL: CTRL read failed
 6月 12 11:37:43 localhost.localdomain pptpd[6912]: CTRL: Reaping child PPP[6913]
 6月 12 11:55:06 localhost.localdomain pptpd[5651]: /usr/sbin/pppd: Please load the ppp_generic kernel module.
 6月 12 11:55:06 localhost.localdomain pppd[6913]: Please load the ppp_generic kernel module.
-----

Thanks!

Battery Power
Posted by: clackamas - 06-11-2016, 10:55 PM - Forum: DC Power In - Replies (3)

I have 5 Pine64+ 2G models I just received today.  I am planning to build a Wimpy Cluster and starting with 5 to prototype the idea.

The inspiration came from this paper:

http://coen.boisestate.edu/ece/files/201...ter_v2.pdf

In his paper, he created a custom PCB to both power the board from the 5V input and twidle with an LED.

In my setup, I am planning to use the battery input from a standard PC Power supply instead to simplify cabling (and I see the jumper on the board to switch to battery).

The main question I have is do I need to add a ploy (or other) fuse (as he describes) to protect from short circuits?

Also, I cannot think of any reason, but I would not expect a performance decrease just because I am on battery power?

And no, I am not an EE.

Thanks,
-henry

Camera not recognized
Posted by: TexasSwede - 06-11-2016, 09:56 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (4)

I connected the camera to my Pine64, but the Android build that came in the box does not seem to recognize the camera.
Every time I start the camera app it says "Camera has stopped working" and exits.

Should I be able to see somewhere if the camera is successfully connected? I tried installing the ribbon cable both ways (lins up as well as down), in case I got it wrong the first time.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Just a bit of info please?
Posted by: Axeman098 - 06-11-2016, 08:25 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (41)

I am an $89 pledge backer, that ordered a bunch more stuff as well (Touchscreen/gamebox/etc.) I understand delays, stuff happens. I'm not angry or upset, just would like to get my kit and join the party. If I did not do something correctly, or need to do anything else, please let me know. Any info you could provide on my order would be greatly appreciated. I am backer #36,668. Thank you for your time.

James

WiFi - Can see networks, not connecting
Posted by: TexasSwede - 06-11-2016, 03:39 PM - Forum: Getting Started - No Replies

I got my Pine A64 last week, and today I finally unpacked it.
I connected the BT/WiFi module, plugged in a monitor and a keyboard and booted up the Android build supplied in the box.
Everything booted nice and fast. I went into the settings, enabled WiFi and selected my home network. I was able to see all surrounding networks  (not our high speed 5GHz access point but the older 2.4GHz showed up fine), so I entered the password and hit connect.
I very briefly saw first "Connecting...", followed by "Authenticating" and then "Saved". It never said connected.
I double and triple checked the password (I know it very well), I turned wifi off and on again, tried to reconnect... Nothing.
I tried entering a static IP address instead of using DHCP. Still nothing.

Anyone have an idea what to do? The BT part seems to be working, at least it can see different devices. I haven't tried to actually connect to any.
I have tried with both BT on and off.

Update: Eventually I got a status message saying "WiFi Connectivity Failed" or something similar.

Update 2: I enabled wifi hotspot on my mobile phone, and then it connected fine, bot when I set it up as Open and using WEP2 PSK. So it seems to be a problem with my router (from Time-Warner). I guess that is a project for tomorrow...

Information UEFI for Pine64
Posted by: z4v4l - 06-11-2016, 03:02 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (20)

Sup niggaz. Hi, all. First sorry for my awful english. Next, let's go to the topic.
I am working on UEFI implementation. As an individual and it is in a very beginning stage by now. Nevertheless, if it succeeded, it might be useful not only for me. Uefi is an advanced firmware standard, and it can give a rich set of booting possibilities for end users. Of mini PC range as well. It's not tight to servers at all. GPT partitioning, exhaustive list of boot options from any imaginable media and protocol - eMMC modules, SD cards, USB sticks, SSD drives, SATA and SCSI HDD drives, CD roms, network, UART, etc. It has security options (if needed). It's a modern industrial standard having close relations with other modern and important standards like Acpi.
However there is no working and usable implementation of Uefi for mini PC range, and this was one of the reasons I decided to work on it. I won't tell about my uboot dissatisfaction here. I just say I am going to bring up Uefi here, on the arm miniPC range. At least for some boards. We know, Uefi has its place in the modern x86 desktop/server world, and it will be presented at the yet illusory armv8 server range when (and if) it comes out. But for armv7 and low cost machines with "little" armv8 cores (like A53), it is not presented. So I decided to fill this gap. Big Grin
My target acrhitectures are armv7, armv8, mips (yes its support is even not declared in the spec, but this couldn't be a stop factor, there is no real (technical) prevention from implementing Uefi on mips, and also - the support can have been added later). And as such, I've chosen few development boards with these acrhitectures as target machines I will work on. For armv8, I have an rk3368 box and also I am waiting for my Pine64+ 2GB to arrive. Angel So while it is being shipped, I, from the procrastination, have decided to create this thread, telling this story and asking about possible interest of general public. Kind of survey (for this, the poll is attached, please, don't hesitate to participate, and be serious, it's freaking serious question Big Grin).
So in essence, I want to ask you, guys, would you be interested in having Uefi firmware on your boards, you are playing with? In particular - on Pine64? I understand, for the end user the main interest is the working board with working FW/SW on it. But considering reality, how it goes, would you consider trying this firmware if it were available for download? Or maybe you want to say something about this. Share your thoughts it's very important for us! Big Grin
For me this project is important and interesting. I would be happy if it succeeded and lived as a standalone project and were useful for others. It's for the future and now it would be interesting to have an input from the potential users. Smile

"script not found! please use a new version image"
Posted by: Ludovic - 06-11-2016, 02:54 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

Hi everyone,

I received my Pine A64 2G+ and I was exicted to test it; but I even do not success to flash any OS.

the system:
- microSD, samsung 32Go, class 10, with an adapter (but try several), and set the adapter either on the laptop SD reader or using an external USB SD reader
- I downloaded : remix for 32Go, remix for 16Go, android5.1.1 for 32Go and android 5.1.1 for 16 Go
- zip file were decompress using winrar
-installation via Phoenixcard 3.1  (I tested the lower version)

the problem: after clicking on "Img File" and selecting the image (of course the decompress and not the zip) the soft send me the error dialog box "script not found! please use a new version image".

to check the image I launch Win32 disk manager which return me the error "not enough space: blabla"

I can not beleive the 4 OS images I tested were/are not working;

What do you think I did wrong?

thanks

Ludovic

RemixOS Root
Posted by: modsbyus - 06-11-2016, 02:51 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (7)

There has been little discussion on gaining root access on RemixOS on the Pine64. I found a guide on rooting the PC version but that guide is dependent on the OS being ran from a squashfs image. On the Pine64, the files directly accessible when the SD card is mounted on a linux box. If I am root on the linux box I can access and change any file I choose. With that being the case I would assume that gaining root access may be a bit easier. I am just unsure of what needs to be changed, added, or removed. If someone will help me resolve this, or find the appropriate information I'll work on it.

Question No Sound on Chrome browser
Posted by: Punkyclown - 06-11-2016, 01:07 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi All, Received my Pine64 and enjoying it very much.  One issue is that I can 
not get the chrome browser to put out any sound.  Any suggestions?
Much appreciated
Brad Hansen

Gambas
Posted by: kenif - 06-11-2016, 10:19 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi,

I'd like to run Gambas on the Pine. 
It works well on Raspberry but no luck on Pine Deb and Ubuntu.
From the command line and Synaptic it gives me jit not installable.

Gambas running is more important to me than the OS.

Any ideas?