dead USB port
my board boots up just fine but i cant get any keyboard or mouse to work since the ports dont seem to be working at all the devices dont even power up. Is it a hardware or a software problem since i've tried different OS-es and none of them fixed the problem?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbq98eKVYOw
what keyboard and mouse. try another keyboard mouse combo the ones from logitech are good - low power usb receiver...

try using a powered hub. plug the powered hub into the usb, then the keyboard and mouse into that... some mice have laser diodes that draw too much power from the usb... some keyboards are just finiky.

try the debian or ubunu images; plug them into the ethernet, and try to ssh into the pine... use port 22 of course . Is the system running?

did you try both usb ports?

marcus
Its very strange that you mention the devices don't even power up... that means that the usb port is bad, and the 5v power rail is bad too... and that can't happen. (if the board is running)

marcus
I just saw in the video you linked that you removed the 5V select jumper from the board... of course there is nothing working on your USB ports Smile please set the jumper back to the original position DC5V...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(07-02-2016, 12:13 PM)xalius Wrote: I just saw in the video you linked that you removed the 5V select jumper from the board... of course there is nothing working on your USB ports Smile please set the jumper back to the original position DC5V...

Holy buckets alive !

... a chain puller.
(07-02-2016, 10:44 AM)fisteksmoki Wrote: my board boots up just fine but i cant get any keyboard or mouse to work since the ports dont seem to be working at all the devices dont even power up. Is it a hardware or a software problem since i've tried different OS-es and none of them fixed the problem?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbq98eKVYOw

As xalius pointed out, if you don't have the jumper connected, there is no power to the USB port. When you did connect the jumper, make sure you install it the right way. It goes either on the BAT side, or the DC side, not between. In other words, look at the silk screen where the jumper is - it shows a line with arrows indicating the two pins to jumper when in the DC5v position, and the two pins to jumper when you are running the pine64 from a battery. The jumper is there to provide 5v power to the 5v compenents and raspberry pi & euler header either from the DC input when the pin64 is externally powered, or from the step-up circuitry on board when the pine64 is running from a battery.