Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,342

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: tllim
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 171
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 10:32 PM
» Views: 109
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 759
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,396
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,660
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 164
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,455
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 93

Long boot times? No eth?
Posted by: utdrmac - 06-10-2016, 09:20 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

I just downloaded this image as I have 32GB SD card. I burned it on my Mac using the following

Code:
7z x android-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64-32GB.zip -so | sudo dd of=/dev/rdisk1 bs=1m

Popped SD into Pine64 2GB model. Powered on. Been stuck at the white/blue Pine64 logo for about 10 minutes. Is this normal?

After about 15-20 minutes (I walked away for some coffee), it was at the android desktop. Seems eth doesn't work because I have a eth cabled plugged in but android says 'Unknown' under IP address. Do I have to set this manually; no DHCP?

USB Ethernet support
Posted by: pleco - 06-10-2016, 06:38 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (4)

Anyone know if there is a USB Ethernet device that is supported by Pine64/Debian?  I am looking to setup a firewall/router with mine, and would like to have 2 actual ethernet ports as opposed to using one port and setting up VLANs.  Thanks....

Where do I start?
Posted by: dhewko - 06-10-2016, 03:42 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (6)

Got the Pine64 (2 gig version) for my son to learn programming. Also got touch screen, camera, humidity control, wifi, bluetooth, light sensor. No idea of what he should build but wanted to be ready for almost anything. What OS would be good as a fairly easy OS to program with? And any ideas on what to build?

Thanks!

Exclamation Uncancellable order
Posted by: gax1985 - 06-09-2016, 09:13 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello 

I made an order many months ago , and I got fed up of waiting. I emailed the ladies and gentlemen who work at Pine64 four times already, and yet I was not graced with a single response. I shall include my emails :

May 30 2016
Hello !

I would like to cancel my order of the Pine64. I am tired of waiting to be honest. It has been months. If you require assistance in locating my order, please ask me any question you prefer.

Thank you!
On June 8 I receive an email saying my Pine64 has been shipped...

I sent another email immeditely after I received the shipping notification :

Hello !

Did you receive my email asking you to cancel my order? May I ask why was it shipped ?

Thanks

I sent another :

Hello !

I emailed you about cancelling a preorder, and noone bothered to email me. Today I get an email saying the pine64 was shipped out. May I ask , could you tell me what to do in this case ? I emailed you about the cancellation twice.

No response ...  May I ask whats going on ? All I want to do is cancel my order... You definately convinced me to get a Rasberry Pi 

robots.txt on wiki and forum
Posted by: lvella - 06-09-2016, 09:00 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

The lack of resources about Pine64 on search engines was suddenly explained when I found out that both the forum and the wiki had their "robots.txt" files configured to forbid indexing:

Code:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /

Can the person responsible for the domains please enable indexing of the contents and make our user lives easier?

Received my 64+ today but...
Posted by: Bluphire - 06-09-2016, 06:08 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (13)

I cannot get the display to display anything. I see it flicker when the pine is powered on and Pre-loaded works on my Tv via HDMi, just cannot get the 7" display to work. All connections are made with the exposed pinsfacing down and locking tabs released prior to install and locked after install.

Any ideas??

Matt

Acrylic Post and Bolts Info
Posted by: neilman - 06-09-2016, 02:40 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (2)

Answer for Anthony Cunningham
I have been meaning to give you an answer to your Acrylic Case mounting bolts question posed in KickStarter comments.

The coarse thread measures 7.8mm diameter across thread, 1.15mm thread pitch, there is 14mm of screw thread.
The supplied flat head is 4mm thick, 12.23mm diameter with no screwdriver slot or hole - just screwed in by hand.
The spacer/tubes only have a few mm of thread then open out to the full width and depth of the tube (less a few mm at the other end) so no limit to length of screw.
Tube outside diameter is 12mm.

Cheers ... Neil

Pine64 Remote and Remix
Posted by: VAAviator - 06-09-2016, 11:47 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (3)

I have the Remix OS on my Pine64.  Working ok.  I wanted to use the Pine64 remote with the OS.  The MOUSE button does not work the way it does in the Android OS.  Anyone have luck getting it to work?  Some buttons seem to work, but not the MOUSE Button to get a pointer.

Ps3 controller
Posted by: Shady2tree - 06-09-2016, 11:05 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

I was wondering if any one has hooked up a controller to the pine via bluetooth?

Timeframes - emails replies, backer site update, shipping progress
Posted by: richc - 06-09-2016, 09:42 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (20)

I'd like to hear from someone who has received there order so as I can gauge shipping, etc.

Currently I'm Kickstarter backer #17,538 and have been patiently watching as others received their pre-order boards this past spring -- not sure about orders after KS??? I've tried to figure out if there was a rhyme or reason in delaying some and shipping others. I emailed once in early May since the backer site continued (and continues as of June 9, 2016) to show "Ready to Ship."  I follow up with a 2nd email 10 days later after reading response times were 7-10 days. Two days ago (June 7 -- which was about a month since my first email) an email reply indicated that the "the remixOS was causing a slight delay but they currently have [my] order in the pipeline." (BOLD above was my addition -- if it wasn't so frustrating it would be humorous.)

According to the June 7th email, they are shipping out a "couple hundred orders per day and had 4000 left to ship." As of June 9th ... the backer site continues to show "Ready to Ship." So if my calculations are correct and there were 36,781 backers -- 33,000 have already received their orders?

Question for someone who has watch the progress:

Once the backer site updates that an order has shipped, what kind of time frame is normal to the U.S.?

RichC