Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,342

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: tllim
33 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
1 hour ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 170
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 10:32 PM
» Views: 94
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 759
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,386
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,660
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 163
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,454
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92

how do you make Android image for LCD Panel
Posted by: nath16 - 06-08-2016, 12:27 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

How can i make my own android image for the LCD touch panel as i want to try to make a marshmallow image for the pine 64 for my own use

Network Access Error
Posted by: coolnine98 - 06-08-2016, 12:12 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (5)

I have installed Xenial Xerus on my pine 64 and working great. But I have problem accessing my Western Digital network drive (2 tb of MY WDWorldbook). I can able to access the same drive via my windows share. I can see my Western Digital NAS drive and when I click it gave me error. Is there anyway I can access my NAS drive directly?

Thanks.

Cancel my order?
Posted by: DwyerSP - 06-08-2016, 11:48 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (7)

At this point, is it possible to cancel my order? I have yet to have been given a tracking number and it doesn't appear that anything has shipped yet, so I'd just like to terminate things. Is there anything I can do? 

Thanks, 
Sean

Smile Rufus for SD card writing from Windows
Posted by: psmacmur - 06-08-2016, 11:36 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

Hi everyone, not sure anyone's posted about this yet, so I just wanted to say I've had great success installing Android images to SD cards using Rufus, the utility recommended by Ubuntu for creating bootable USB drives.  Turns out it supports dd images, so no need to mess with Phoenix or actually run dd in linux.  FWIW, I was using Rufus on Windows 10 with my laptop's built-in SD card slot.

I first validated the cards using the tester recommended on the wiki (H2testw), then imaged them with Rufus.  Validation and imaging took a very long time, probably because I have a crappy SD writer, but as a result pine64 boots into Android as quickly as my phone. Big Grin

Thumbs Down No information, no update, no reply/respond. Nothing..
Posted by: iPhyse - 06-08-2016, 10:34 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (37)

Dear Pine64 Team,

I'm quite disappointed at the moment. I'm still waiting till something will be updated regarding to my order... I have ordered 3 pine64 boards (2x pine64+, 1x pine64+ 2gb and a single wifi module). Since februari 1st I ordered a single pine64+ 2gb. I did send an email with the question if it was possible to add up some extra boards to my existing order which suddenly got cancelled with a simple respond to redo my order.. This wasn't even my question or intention.. So I did redo my order and asked if this would affect my position in 'shipment queue'. This was literally the answer 'Your order will still ship in May alongside with all preorders. Hope this helps!'. 

So it was May, near end of, and I was a little bit concerned about my order.. So I decided to send a mail to get some clear answers.. But nothing more than an auto-respond telling me to wait up about 7-8 business days to receive a respond.. So I waited, and waited... Nothing.. So I did send another email regarding to my order.. Until now.. I haven't heard yet from you..

• 'For order numbers beginning in #102, your preorder will begin shipping out the last week of May', 
  • 'Will ship by May, may be earlier, not later'....
It's now June 8..

Hope to hear from you ASAP..

Question Is SPI Working?
Posted by: User 3332 - 06-08-2016, 09:54 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (64)

Hello all, thanks for all of the community support.

I have a project that depends on SPI, but i'm not sure SPI is enabled in the Kernel or not. 

I don't see anything related to SPI in the /dev folder.

I'm running the latest downloaded  (xubuntu-xenial-mate-20160528-longsleep-pine64).

If I need to enable this i'm assuming I need to sync up to github but then mod defconfig with spi enabled.

Has anyone else done this? I've never built a custom kernel before.

(potential) work-around for Playstore authentication issue
Posted by: Luke - 06-08-2016, 06:55 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (31)

All credit goes to Keex

At the moment this is a potential work-around for the issue since I do not have a spare Pine64 to reproduce the issue. So if you are experiencing this problem please leave feedback below if this solution worked. 

Keex wrote: 

"Haven't read the whole thread, but I encountered a problem with the Playstore before.

The problem was the System Time. The Pine doesn't have a real time clock, and obviously doesn't get the time from the carrier (like smartphones). Hence it's just set to some random value a few years ago.
In my case I couldn't use the playstore (or any other Google apps for this matter). After I set the system time correctly, the apps worked fine. In the end I used an app that set the system time after booting automatically (requires root)." (original post

Ribbons trouble
Posted by: tanarri - 06-07-2016, 10:17 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

So I am trying to help my sister in law put hers together while I await the arrival of mine. And we are having a hard time getting the ribbons to slot in for the touch pad.(there is a chance we are making it work but they aren't staying) Is there a trick to it? The last time I built a computer was a long time ago.

Pine64 not booting with image
Posted by: m16bishop - 06-07-2016, 09:18 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (9)

hi,

I am using pine64-image-debianmate-310101bsp.img.
I setup my 64 SD card on my Mac Pro.
Then I went to boot the Pine64, device powered up but I saw not boot sequence on the Dell display. It's an old 19" display. Should I have at least since the typical ASCII boot characters and info?

These are the steps I used to get myself in this mess...

Unmount the SD
TheM5:$ diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4
Unmount of all volumes on disk4 was successful
TheM5:$

unxz the image:
TheM5:$ ls *.xz
pine64-image-debianmate-310101bsp.img.xz
TheM5:$ unxz pine64-image-debianmate-310101bsp.img.xz

copy the image:
TheM5:$ sudo dd if=pine64-image-debianmate-310101bsp.img of=/dev/disk4 bs=1m
Password:
3684+0 records in
3684+0 records out
3862953984 bytes transferred in 451.011079 secs (8565098 bytes/sec)
TheM5:$

Then go boot the SD card in the Pine64
Nadda on the display. This is a working display I use it with my Raspberry Pi

What did I mess up? Huh

thanks

Mike

Acrylic Open Enclosure in stock, order unfulfilled
Posted by: Zellio - 06-07-2016, 09:03 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (1)

Order #8161014.  It's only been over a month.  I ordered it on May 2nd.  When are you guys going to ship this?