Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,342

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: tllim
34 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
1 hour ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 170
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 10:32 PM
» Views: 94
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 759
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,386
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,660
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 163
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,454
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92

8000mAh battery
Posted by: Paladin - 06-09-2016, 09:12 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (9)

I've spent several hours looking through the forum here, but I cannot find any word, (official or not), on the status of the 8000mAh batteries some of us have ordered. My question is simple, have they started shipping yet? I haven't seen anyone in the forums here or on Kickstarter mention that they have received their batteries. My understanding, according to what I could find in the updates, was that the Pine64 Team had the batteries and had worked out a solution to shipping them to backers here in the U.S..

Anyone have an idea of this? I already received my 2GB board, RTC battery case, LCD touchscreen, and the wifi/BT module. I'm simply waiting on the 8000mAh battery and the PlayBox Enclosure, (which I already know won't come until around August).

I am having fun Cool  playing around with the board currently, and as everyone else probably knows, only the one version of Android, (designed for the LCD screen), works on the board.

Thanks everyone. Big Grin

Sad Where is my board?
Posted by: duane - 06-09-2016, 08:08 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (4)

Received email May 27 
    "Your order for PINE A64, First $15 64-Bit Single Board Super Computer has shipped!"

Backer ID: 14,220
Tracking number: LS913212737CN  - This is not valid an has never worked.

Where is my board?   Angry

Android: Works on monitor but not on HDTV
Posted by: wickemt - 06-09-2016, 06:44 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

Howdy. Thanks in advance to everyone who has contributed time and effort to the software for these boards, I'm excited to see where things go from here.

Bought the pine to replace my clunky HTPC, which is going in a closet to become a media server. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I got Android running on an old 32GB micro SD card (interestingly, I bought a 64GB Class 10 SD card but it was slow as hell and apps kept crashing. the 32gb "slow" card works fine). Did all my testing and setup plugged into a brand new LG 27" IPS monitor direct to HDMI. Then I went to plug the Pine into my home theater system, Pine -> Receiver/HDMI Switcher -> 5 year old Philips plasma TV. 

No signal. Then tried directly to the TV, HDMI-HDMI. No signal.

I know the card is good and the board is good, because I'm able to use Android on the LG monitor. What do I need to do to get it working on the TV? I'm not trying to buy a new TV just to get this board working.

USB Soundcard with Android Lollipop on PineA64
Posted by: shawson - 06-09-2016, 01:34 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Hi Gents!

Just received my PineA64+ 2GB in the mail with its screen and successfully booted it up with the Android 5 image from the site (Android 5.1.1 Image (LCD Panel Video Output) Release 20160603 - Non-Rooted DD Image).  I read that Android 5 has native support for USB sound cards, however on the PineA64, it doesn't seem to detect anything when it's plugged in.  Is there something special I have to do with this?  Is the Pine build of Android missing some drivers or something?  Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Linux friendly devboards popularity survey 2016
Posted by: ssvb - 06-08-2016, 11:25 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

Hello,

These guys are doing SBC (single board computer) popularity surveys every year: http://hackerboards.com/2016-survey-of-o...endly-sbcs
Here are the results from the previous year: http://hackerboards.com/raspberry-pi-sta...bc-survey/

And this time the Pine64 board is also participating Smile If you managed to already receive your board and like it so far, please don't forget to vote for it here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6DW7XC5

Using tablet displays and batteries
Posted by: janeku - 06-08-2016, 11:06 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (4)

Hello folks,
I have one idea but I do not know if it can be done:
I have a tablet brand Prestigio PMP3270B.
It case is broken but still working 7" display and battery in good condition.
So my question is:

1. Can I use it display to connect to Pine64+ and/or what I need in order to make it fully functional on my upcoming Pine64+ ?
2. Can I use it battery to conenct to my Pine64+ also ?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,

Problem making SD card
Posted by: Tam Dl - 06-08-2016, 09:54 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (17)

I have a 10 speed SD card 32gig.  I went to the Pine Wiki and tried to download the 32G version of remix.  That file appears to be larger than the usable space on a 32G card.  Should I therefor try the 16G version?  What is going on here, what good is a 32G memory card that is already filled with 32G of stuff?  Ofcourse I can download the file to my hard drive, though for some reason it isn't too thrilled with that process either.  Why is the image needed so big?  I thought android was an efficient OS?  If it is just mapping the card for 32 gigs worth, why is the file to do that so large?

I haven't installed software as an image file before, I guess I will google that to see what it means, but so far it seems like a far larger pain than the good old days of feeding in 12 floppies.  The file is slow to download, requires a 50 dollar program to uzip. is slow to unzip, and requires another program to burn the image.  Selling pre burned cards as raspberry did might have been ab additional income stream and saved a lot of time for the developers.

I am keeping in mind this is the Remix OS, not the Pine 64.  Have the hardware all ready to go, but the software is a pain.  And I haven't even run into the bugs phase yet.

[suggestion] Use powered USB Hubs to connect external hard disks
Posted by: melao - 06-08-2016, 09:45 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

One suggestion, use powered USB Hubs to connect external hard disks, if your external hard disk is USB powered of course...

I have a Seagate 1TB 2.5" external USB harddisk. It was very unreliable untill I used a powered USB hub, now I have no problem.

Same problem I had on the Raspberry Pi, same solution.

How to enable XDCMP on longsleep Xubuntu?
Posted by: melao - 06-08-2016, 09:08 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

I am using xubuntu-xenial-mate-20160528-longsleep-pine64-8GB.
How to enable XDMCP remote connections on the Pine64? 

thanks!

Trouble getting ISO on to MicroSD card
Posted by: Fawks - 06-08-2016, 01:50 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (3)

I downloaded the ubuntu image from the downloads page for the pine64 (2gb ram version), and when I go to extract the iso file from the .rar download onto the sd card, I keep getting a error message, which basically says "the file 'xubuntu-xenial etc etc etc' is too large for the destination file system." I have absolutely no idea as to why I'm getting this message - I've re-formatted the sd card multiple times as a FAT32 file system, and as far as I know, the largest file size supported by that system is 4GB. The ubuntu iso is roughly 1.8gb, hence my confusion Tongue .

I also haven't used any type of drive formatting program; I just right-clicked on the microSD card, hit format, and all of that jazz, so it could be that.
This may be some trivial fix that just slipped my mind, but any help is appreciated.

As a side note, when I try to open/mount the iso I get a message saying that it is corrupted and cannot be viewed, don't know if that has anything to do with this though.

I also have no idea if this is the right forum section, so I apologize if this is in the wrong section Smile