Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,536
» Latest member: cinnabarwinner
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,347

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 244
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Yesterday, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,582
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 489
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 91
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 195
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 124
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 906
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 776
desktop and lockscreen
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 79
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,521

Smart Mirror - Input Questions
Posted by: riahim - 07-12-2016, 10:44 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (7)

Alright, so I'm interested in creating a smart mirror like project (this has been done on the rpi before).
However, I'm not sure how to handle input/controls. Here's a couple suggestions I had.

1. Touchscreen monitor/module 
Seemed like a good choice at first, but if put behind a 2 way mirror, I doubt it will work

2. Voice commands
Not sure how easy this would be to implement...

3. Gesture control
Probably even harder than voice commands.

4. Wireless mouse/keyboard 
Should work fine, but seems like a janky solution that would compromise the whole idea behind a smart mirror

5. Could possibly use a touchpad/keyboard solution such as 
https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyb...op?ie=UTF8

6. Maybe I could use my android phone as a remote?

Basically at this point I'm looking for any ideas on how to handle user input.
I was thinking of using android or remix since they already have a bunch of apps that can be downloaded.

Rainbow Slackware
Posted by: gwenhael - 07-12-2016, 10:44 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

I published a small script that will create a bootable microSD card running SlackwareARM 14.2 @ https://bitbucket.org/gwenhael/pine64-slackware

Enjoy and contribute.

128GB Card OS?
Posted by: mesaxi - 07-12-2016, 08:09 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (12)

Has anyone gotten any OS to work with a 128GB microSD card? I attempted to flash the Remix OS to mine and it seemed to work, but got hung up on the Remix OS loading screen when I tried to boot it. When I was downloading the OS from the Pine wiki I noticed that there appear to be builds made for the various sized cards, but they top out at 64GB. I'm a total novice so there may be something I'm missing here, do I have to wait until there's a new build for the OS that's compatible with the 128GB card?

LCD - sold out
Posted by: ollyw - 07-12-2016, 04:57 AM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (11)

So the LCD on shop.pine64.com is sold out; what are my alternative choices for a small monitor?

Can I just buy any small HDMI monitor or are there likely to be compatibility issues?

Information Shipping Order Status for backer 35,443
Posted by: vinodmenon80 - 07-12-2016, 04:12 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

Ok. Looks like the goods have arrived. I'm required to collect them from the post office now.

They left a message to pick it up. Refer to the image.

Yep its got my tracking number on it.

I'll go and pick it up tomorrow after work.

Cheers,
Vinod

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

MicroSD card won't format
Posted by: Andr3w - 07-12-2016, 03:22 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

I received the board a little over a week ago (A64+, 1GB). I ordered the board with an 32 GB sd card and had selected to have android installed, but now I want to make a Ubuntu disk but when I try to format the disk, before I get to the Unetbootin step, I get an error. I'm on Ubuntu (cinnamon) and using the disks utility where I receive the following error:

Quote:Error synchronizing after initial wipe: Timed out waiting for object (udisks-error-quark, 0)

I'm not sure what my next step should be. Has anyone come across this error and have a solution or have a solution anyway, I looked at fdisk but after reading the man was still not quite clear on the usage.... Huh  (still somewhat of a linux newbie, fan but newbie)

Any help would be appreciated.

Missing WiFi/Bluetooth add on
Posted by: RichJ53 - 07-11-2016, 11:14 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

I finally received my package with the new Pine A64 board and the items ordered. The package was open at the top and looks like the WiFi BT card (802.11N Wifi + Bluetooth 4.0) and the push button gift and playkit were not inside my package. I have tried to email and so far nothing.... Can someone from Allwinner Technology   help me get these shipped out...

Thank you for any help you can provide 18,795th backer on @BackerKit for PINE A64

RichJ  Angel

Color is messed up
Posted by: scarabus - 07-11-2016, 10:29 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

Just booted up my Pine64 for the first time - the color is all messed up. 
Tried both Android and Linux boots. The monitor and cable work fine with my laptop.
I'm assuming it's a hardware fault. Any ideas? How do I go about getting it replaced?

Ah, so it's because I'm using a DVI to HDMI converter. I'd forgotten it was there since it works fine with my laptop and Raspberry Pi.
I'll have to find something with a true HDMI input to test it on.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

MicroPython pyboard peripheral micro-controller STM32F405RG
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 07-11-2016, 05:00 PM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (3)

The micropython (PYBv1.0  STM32F405RG pictured above) is an excellent peripheral plug-in for your PineA64 board. This little jewel has Python3 running on the bare-metal; has built-in accelerometer, ADC, DAC, i2c, SPI, pwm GPIO and even with all the header pins I've installed on mine, weighs in at a whopping 10g.  It is being powered by the usb here, and can be programmed in three ways (onboard, on PineA64, on serial console !).

I have the pyboard powered up here via the 5v rail on the PineA64 ! I plan to use this board as the low lever controller (will have three of them) for my quad drone.  But this little board makes an excellent low level controller for the PineA64 too, freeing up the PineA64 for analytics; while the MicroPython micro-controller handles the real-time critical low level stuff...  

marcus

Shipping status, two months in transit?
Posted by: joonahoi - 07-11-2016, 09:47 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (8)

After almost month after recieving email that my reward had been shipped, I sent this email as I hadn't recieved anything yet.

Now, it has been unanswered for almost a month again. What's up?

This is the email I sent:

----

Hi, you asked backers to submit tracking numbers if they haven’t recieved their items yet.

I recieved my tracking id on 16th of May, but it still doesn’t show any tracking information and I haven’t recieved the shipment. It’s been almost a month already.

My tracking id is: RI902589519CN

----

My backer# is 23,605

Aftership tracking gives me status "Pending" and after a few page refreshes "Expired"...