Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,536
» Latest member: cinnabarwinner
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,348

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
Yesterday, 07:19 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 371
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 252
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Yesterday, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,585
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 490
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 91
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 196
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 125
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 907
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 777
desktop and lockscreen
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80

Android 5.1.1 Image Release 20160711
Posted by: clarkss12 - 07-14-2016, 02:14 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (27)

Just installed the July 11 rooted, Phoenix, Android version and here are a couple of observations.

1.  On my older LCD 1080P 60hz TV, everything was too small.  Had to change the build prop DPI setting to 240 from 160.  Did not have to do that on the earlier version.

2.  Gigabit Ethernet is still not working.  WiFi has taken a hit also, only getting half the download speed from the earlier version.

3.  Some of the apps open up sideways, did not happen in earlier version.

The build prop says it is a tablet version.  Not sure who is building these roms, but they seem to be going backwards.

Getting the gigabit Ethernet to work properly is a NUMBER 1 priority, until that is done, Android is not usable for me.

Ubuntu Error updating uboot
Posted by: jandvs - 07-14-2016, 10:35 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

I booted ubuntu on my Pine 64+ 2GB per this guide. I used the Ubuntu Base Longsleep download.  It booted just fine, but when i try to run the command to update uboot, i get this error.  The pine is connected to the network via cat-6 cable.  I can ping google.com and i can SSH to the pine from my desktop, so I know it's got a good network connection.

Code:
ubuntu@localhost:~$ sudo -i
[sudo] password for ubuntu:
root@localhost:~# /usr/local/sbin/pine64_update_uboot.sh
Checking for update ...
Downloading U-Boot image ...

curl: (56) GnuTLS recv error (-54): Error in the pull function.

root@localhost:~# /usr/local/sbin/pine64_update_kernel.sh
Checking for update ...
Downloading Linux Kernel ...

curl: (56) GnuTLS recv error (-54): Error in the pull function.
root@localhost:~#

Any ideas?

GPIO access running Android
Posted by: rddragon888 - 07-14-2016, 10:05 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (20)

Has any progress been made getting access to the GPIO pins while running Android?

Porting Arduino project advice
Posted by: primeminister - 07-14-2016, 08:38 AM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (1)

I have an Arduino project that decodes some GPIO bus signals.  It uses very specific timing, and since the Arduino has no kernel, it won't get preempted.

I would like to port it to the Pine, or add the functionality of the Pine to the project because the Adruino can't do SSL, it can't really make a nice Web interface either.

Can I rewrite the source to use something like python GPIO and achieve the same results, or will pre-empting skew up the timings?  The baud rate is very low, it can be adjusted from 12v to 3.3v with a regulator and the lag on the rising / falling regulator doesn't mess up the timings.

Would it be easier to keep the bus decoding on Arduino and communicate with the Pine via SPI or something like that?

Arduino project for reference:
https://github.com/markkimsal/homesecurity

I have constraints similar to this SO question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17115...nel-driver

I have to listen and respond to lines being driven low for approximately 10ms.

So, it seems like keeping the Arduino is the way to go ... ?

Are the issues in the SO question common amongst ARM dev boards?

Do the answers make sense to anyone?

Which SD card
Posted by: KosakAlmighty - 07-14-2016, 08:05 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

Hi Guys,
I installed Android and also Remix OS but both are very lagy. Huge delay between click and action. 
I have 2GB model with wifi and BT and I'm using Kingstone 8GB SD Card Class 10.

Wiith wich SD card you have best experience?

Thank you
Have a nice day

Slow download speed compared to upload
Posted by: curiousgally - 07-14-2016, 06:20 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (4)

I tried remix Os last night. Everything worked right out of the box. However slow Ethernet speed is driving me nuts. I'm on Ethernet, no wifi module with my board. I have 75 Mbps at my home, no gigabit. I tested speed and it's around 1.5 Mbps download and 12Mbps upload. Not sure what is limiting the download  speed. Due to this I'm not able to stream at all.

Any help to resolve this is appreciated !!!

Through hole LEDs
Posted by: shiftlink - 07-14-2016, 05:23 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (5)

There are two unpopulated sets of vias for LED's on the board between the power switch and the IR socket.  I was just wondering if anyone knows what they are for.

temporary enclosure with lcd
Posted by: jodybrown99 - 07-13-2016, 08:57 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (2)

has anyone created a decent "enclosure" for their pine64 that includes the lcd?
what did you do?
how did you orient the PCB in regards to the panel, so that the cables reach nicely?
what was it made of?
did you get the camera in there somehow?
other addons?

i'm thinking about getting some lexan (i have a sheet around here somewhere) and try to put something together so that i can at least hold the thing like a tablet, until my actual enclosure arrives (via the original kickstarter).

camera module and lcd integration
Posted by: jodybrown99 - 07-13-2016, 07:22 PM - Forum: Camera Module - Replies (5)

is the camera module supposed to fit into the slot in the lcd panel? it's a bit big, and does not fit. see picture.

https://imgur.com/uiJQq5s

[Image: uiJQq5s.jpg]

Possible to use Google Chrome Browser?
Posted by: cantcode - 07-13-2016, 01:13 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

Please forgive me as I have no experience with Linux.

I just got the Pine 64+ with 2GB. I selected the Android SD card via Kickstarter.

It works.. but there are some issues that I think others are having (Play Store doesn't work well, my mouse and keyboard work then stop working, etc.)

I loaded Ubuntu and when I tried downloading the Chrome browser, I got an error. It said 'wrong architecture'. I am guessing this is because Google makes their Linux version of Chrome for x86 type chips?? (again I am not very knowledgeable).

Is there any current Operating System for the Pine 64 that would allow me to use Google Chrome browser? I often use Firefox, but there are some things I need to do with Chrome (work related).

In the absence of this, I would have to use Android on the Pine64, but would need to permanently set my user agent as "Desktop", which I *think* requires root access??

Also, in the Wiki Download page, what is the difference in the RemixOS that say they are for different SD card sizes? (like one is for 8GB SD card, then 16GB card, then 32GB then 64GB?)

Again, thank you for your help. I am sure these are simple questions for most people!