Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,537
» Latest member: ili
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,352

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: tophneal
32 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 10
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
2 hours ago
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,439
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
Yesterday, 07:19 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 393
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 270
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Yesterday, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,602
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 501
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 101
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 200
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 135
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 915

Chgled Power Reset
Posted by: rduerst - 07-21-2016, 04:55 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

Just got my board and was wondering if I can use and exsisting power button and reset button that is already on the enclosure I want to use. There are little holes to put wire through and solder up. Just don't want to mess anything up. I can't find anything to helpful yet. It seems a little to new yet. Under the word Power there is 2 big holes and 2 little holes with a plus in the middle. It is the same under the word Reset as well. There is 2 wires on each button on the enclosure I am using. So it looks like it will work out. Like I said I just want to make sure. Thank you for any help I can get. This is my first post. So I hope I did it right.

USB hard drive
Posted by: piner64 - 07-21-2016, 01:37 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (16)

Hi,
I see that my hard drive won't even turn on from the pine's USB port.
I know Raspberry PI has a max current setting that can be set on config.txt (max_usb_current=1)

Is there any equivalent setting on the Pine64?
I know I can use a powered USB hub (or cable), but that's very cumbersome comparing to a config change.

Thanks!

slow kodi on linux?
Posted by: piner64 - 07-20-2016, 11:09 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (4)

Hi all,
Just got my pine and was eager to test it out.
I installed Linux (latest debian) and was able to do most of what I needed - sshd, nginx, clang, all kinds of goodies! Smile
However, when I start Kodi it is unusably-slow. It takes like 10-15 seconds to update the cursor position.
Is this related to the long fore-coming Mali driver? What exactly goes wrong?
Thanks!

Robot Operating System (ROS)
Posted by: jesse1234 - 07-20-2016, 09:14 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (8)

Hello

I just purchased the Pine64. I am looking forward with playing with it.

Has anyone successfully loaded ROS (ros.org) onto the Pine64 and if they did, what operation system did they use? I went to the ROS website, unfortunately there is not much there on the subject unlike RPI3.

I have not yet tried any of the OSs but I am thinking Ubuntu will be the first .

Thanks Jesse  Smile

Question No Audio other than HDMI
Posted by: jwouellette - 07-20-2016, 07:57 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (8)

So, I've tried every trick the others could throw at me to get the analog audio to work, but nothing. I can get the analog audio to show in the system preferences and PulseAudio Volume Control AND the meters move that something is attempting to output, but... nada.

So I thought, A-HA, I'll use Bluetooth...except that when I select the Bluetooth Manager (using Ubuntu MATE)... an error dialog "Connection to BlueZ failed. BlueZ daemon is not running, bluesman-manager cannot continue. This probably means that there were no Bluetooth adapters detected or Bluetooth daemon was not started."

I am using the Pine64 WiFi/BT POT. WiFi IS working, but apparently BT is NOT.

When I run through an HDMI cable through a TV, I get sound, both for Android and Ubuntu. But no sound any other way.

Help?

cant get connected with remix
Posted by: pfunk237 - 07-20-2016, 06:48 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

I got 2gb board with Remix (64gb SD) installed and have never been able to get internet (Ethernet)to work. I have tried with every version since day 1. under Ethernet settings it shows my current ip and dns and everything.

Any clues?

Also when i power down or reboot it doesn't recognize my mouse. I have to unplug it and replug it to see it.

Fan Question
Posted by: Bluphire - 07-20-2016, 05:14 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (5)

I tried searching before posting but search word must be at least 4 letters and "fan" is it 3. So please excuse me if this has been asked before. Thank you.

My question regarding the fan is, is there a way to have the fan come on only when the OS (Remix in my case) is running? For example, my fan will stay running as long as the pine is plugged into the wall, even with the OS shutdown. I do not want that.

Matt

Received wrong parts
Posted by: kedalion - 07-20-2016, 01:25 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Hey - 

I received wrong parts in my order, but none of my emails to sales@pine64.com got any response for a week now.  Sad

Anybody know what to do here? Is there another way to get in touch with them?

-Kedalion

[OUTDATED] Debian Jessie (4.7.0-rc1 Kernel) Images
Posted by: fire219 - 07-20-2016, 12:16 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (4)

THE INFORMATION HERE IS EXTREMELY OUTDATED. THIS WAS A HACKY BUILD TO GET MAINLINE ON THE A64 BACK IN 2016. IN THE MODERN DAY, LOOK ELSEWHERE. THIS REMAINS SOLELY FOR LEGACY REASONS.

WARNING, dragons ahead! This thread and its contents are only suitable for advanced users and/or masochists!

After weeks of experimentation, I have managed to get this work into what I considered a presentable (though far from perfect; read on to find out more) state.

Based on lennyraposo's Debian Jessie headless image, I have built a new image, with a far newer kernel. As of currently, all of the standard Linux images use a kernel in the 3.10 family. This one is 4.7.0-rc1.

Limitations

As the development of mainline Linux for Allwinner devices (especially the A64) is far from complete, there are more than a few missing features here. Read the below chart for a breakdown of all present or missing features.

Basic functionality (boot, login, serial output): Working
Ethernet: Working
USB: Bottom USB port ONLY
HDMI: No output at all
Audio: No working
WiFi: Untested
Bluetooth: Untested
SD card I/O: Works, but is slow (~3MB/s)

If the above Christmas tree of color did not scare you off, then read on! If you want something that is fully functional, go for lennyraposo's standard Debian images or anything else!

Disclaimer:

Before you get to the download, let me make it clear one more time: this is highly experimental and likely unstable software! I, nor anyone else whose work is put into this, am not responsible for any damages that this image may inflict! Please don't come crying to me if flashing this image causes your Pine64 to explode, your house and car to be repossessed, or your significant other to leave you.

That being said, do please report any unexpected issues or discontinuities in functionality compared to the above chart. Smile

Download:

Primary download: Here

Flash as with any other image: Unzip archive, flash .img file to SD card with Win32DiskImager (or dd or your alternate tool of choice -- not PhoenixCard!), put card in Pine, apply power...

Login/password is debian/debian. Of course you will have to either use the serial UART, or find the IP of the Pine in the method of your choice and SSH in.

Thanks/Credits:

I did not build all the necessary tools and kernel modifications to create an image like this. I have a whole list of people, most far more skilled than I, whose work I built upon.

apritzel, longsleep, Icenowy, and everyone else in the linux-sunxi community: Tons of work on the Linux kernel as well as boot firmware of the Allwinner chips, without which nothing remotely resembling this would be possible.

lennyraposo: For the Debian Jessie image from which I built upon and ripped the rootfs from.

Friends in the Pine64 IRC network: Encouragement and suggestions when I got especially frustrated. (Btw, everyone reading this should check it out! Wink )

Anyone else I may have forgotten!

Variable Gigabit Ethernet speed?
Posted by: sheffield_nick - 07-20-2016, 10:18 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (4)

(I've seen there are some older threads / bug reports about gigabit Ethernet running VERY slowly, but I think this might be a separate issue?)

I've got 5 PINE A64+ 2GB boards running Debian Jessie 8.5 base, kernel3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep, connected to an otherwise empty 8-port gigabit switch. The speeds I'm getting with iperf are excellent Big Grin , but strangely variable.

Code:
# Run server on board 1
iperf -s -V
# Run client for 100 seconds on board 2, connecting to board 1
iperf -c board1 -i 1 -t 100 -V

Between board A and B I can consistently get 828 Mbits/sec over long periods, but back the other way I only get 733 Mbits/sec. With pairs of the other boards I can consistently get 800+ Mbits/sec on some, but only 561/596/633 Mbits/sec on others. Huh

Do you think this is simply hardware variation? 47% range!

Thanks